5e Tyranny of Dragons

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 10, 2016 6:50 pm
Going to be running the Tyranny of Dragons modules in 5e. Anyone interested should apply at the link below. And yes, I already know I have a problem and need help.

Details here
Nov 10, 2016 6:52 pm
This is not the place to get that kind of help. I believe we are what you might call "enablers"
Nov 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Ujimona says:
This is not the place to get that kind of help. I believe we are what you might call "enablers"
I honestly believe I may have the worst problem here lol.

Running 6 games and playing in 22 others (Several of these are either very slow-paced, or stalled completely)
Nov 10, 2016 7:14 pm
Well, that was quick... Game is full 20 minutes after posting it!
Nov 10, 2016 7:45 pm
Quote:
I honestly believe I may have the worst problem here lol.

Running 6 games and playing in 22 others (Several of these are either very slow-paced, or stalled completely)
I'm in a total of 25 games but only running one. So yeah, buddy, you are the worst. LOL! :-D

I'f I wasn't inPhantomNimbus' HotDQ I would've jumped on this in a heartbeat!
Nov 10, 2016 7:51 pm
I fought myself on it for a long time, but figured I should contribute for the good of the newbies. Got three of them in my game, plus CancerMan, so this worked out well :)
Nov 10, 2016 7:58 pm
I don't have a problem! [cough]
Nov 10, 2016 8:02 pm
So it's a stroke of luck I found your game when I did, it looks like. :)
Nov 10, 2016 8:43 pm
Sad I just missed it.
Last edited November 11, 2016 2:36 am
Nov 11, 2016 9:01 pm
DM_Apexwolf says:
Sad I just missed it.
Don't worry, games open all the time :) It won't be long before you find one.
Nov 15, 2016 1:23 am
I actually decided to open my own game. I have DMed in person a lot but this will be my first REAL adventure into it on this type of forum.
Nov 16, 2016 4:03 pm
I know the internet has ruined me when I keep reading the title of that post as "Tranny of dragons"... XD
Nov 16, 2016 4:38 pm
Tiamat the Tranny!
Nov 18, 2016 2:39 pm
Wow! I had no idea how many games some of you are in. I'm only in one so far, and personally, I know that the more games I play, the less I can actually contribute in a way that really adds to the narrative, especially as a GM. For me, it would be like the difference between going to a buffet, with a plethora of food options, and having a delicious meal cooked to your liking. I also feel like playing a multitude of games would lead to posting becoming more of a chore, where "I make the rounds" so to speak.

Of course, I can't join slow paced games (less than 4 posts a week) as the story really drags when it gets slower than that. And when a story slows down, that's when I consider picking up another game. Now that I think about it, maybe I'm just a slow week away from slowly working my way up to 25 games :)

Believe me, I get it though. I can understand why you guys are in so many games. There are a lot of games I considered joining, but didn't as I really want to be a part of just one or two more that really move, where I can really be immersed and involved.
Last edited November 18, 2016 2:47 pm
Nov 18, 2016 4:26 pm
Ezeriah says:
Now that I think about it, maybe I'm just a slow week away from slowly working my way up to 25 games :)
That's basically how it sneaks up on you. Had a slow day, was bored and decided, "Yeah, I could probably handle another game!"

Also, as more new people join, I make an effort to try to make a game for some of them to join, as I know there is always a GM shortage.
Nov 18, 2016 4:28 pm
That's absolutely the "trap" I fell into. Not quite to the level some of you are yet, but I have no doubts I'll end up in those kinds of numbers as time prattles on.
Nov 18, 2016 6:20 pm
Well... it would seem I've been warned.

I'll try to avoid temptation. :)
Nov 18, 2016 6:21 pm
Ezeriah says:
Well... it would seem I've been warned.

I'll try to avoid temptation. :)
Best of luck to you!
Nov 24, 2016 2:17 pm
If you open another one anytime soon, I'd love to play it! I saw this one a while ago and was interested, but it filled up way too fast and I didn't get in. I just realized that that Cult of the Reptile God I was in with all you guys with Spaceseeker19 must have been like an "ElderGpers" game. It had like all of the monitor level people in it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.