First time DM - 5e - OotA or SKT (Maybe?)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 17, 2016 7:16 pm
So I'm considering opening a game up as a DM (now that I'm in a few games as a player). My concern is I've not ever DMed in any real sense (a few one shot activities, and some ridiculous munchkiny-type homebrew stuff). I've got Out of the Abyss and Storm King's Thunder.

If there are enough folks out there interested in either of those two and are willing to deal with a green DM [:D], I'll go ahead and open up a game.
Nov 17, 2016 7:19 pm
Out of the Abyss looked pretty amazing and Storm Kings Thunder also looked like it would be a lot of fun.
I think either of those are a pretty cool starting campaign. Out of the Abyss might be better as Storm Kings Thunder says that it is more difficult for players and GMs.

(Kind of strange with OotA having Demon Lords in it)
Nov 17, 2016 7:29 pm
I'd be down to play OotA. I'm already in SKT.
Nov 18, 2016 1:31 pm
wpw, How you enjoying SKT ?
Nov 18, 2016 1:47 pm
Dramasailor, you know which one you think would be fun for you to run ? It does matter how much a DM can get into the game they are running too.
Nov 18, 2016 3:12 pm
@cosmic - We really haven't gotten far. But, I think it's going to be really good.
Nov 18, 2016 3:19 pm
Yeah SKT looks like a cool run. I like the fact it has a lot of those burial mounds and mystic sites in it.
Nov 18, 2016 3:21 pm
@Cosmic_Cube - Honestly, they both seem pretty strong, personally. I think I will do Out of the Abyss, however. The way it starts is intriguing, not to mention the Underdark is just plain fun. Will probably put the game up within the next few hours.
Nov 18, 2016 3:25 pm
Out of the Abyss very cool.

Yeah each module has it's own tone.
I think Out of the Abyss is supposed to have an Alice in Wonderland tone.
Nov 18, 2016 4:58 pm
Game is up here, for those that haven't already headed over there. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.