BBCode reference for Gamers Plane

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 12, 2015 1:25 am
BBCode has quite a few different versions with quite a lot of features which aren't particularly obvious.

For example, BBCode sometimes has sizing features for the [img] tag. Is there a reference that we can go to for the particular features of BBCode that GP supports?
Last edited March 12, 2015 1:26 am
Mar 12, 2015 2:30 am
Right now, its just the basic features that are above the text areas. Colors can be anything hex or HTML colors. Right now, that's it, though I'm going to be expanding when I add a WYSIWYG with the site redesign.
Mar 12, 2015 3:13 am
WYSIWIG via a rich text editor would be very cool. The other site I play PBP games on is https://www.tavern-keeper.com, which does have rich text in posts.

One of the very frustrating thing about editing posts on TK is the undo when editing is pretty broken (Ie un-does a random amount of stuff) which is pretty nasty - sometimes an undo can remove a few paragraphs of text unexpectedly.

I guess different technologies bring different bugs and problems.
Last edited March 12, 2015 3:18 am
Mar 12, 2015 3:24 am
Yah, that's the general problem with WYSIWYG editors, and the reason I didn't start with one. I'm gonna test some WYSIWYGs and see if any cut it.
Mar 12, 2015 5:26 am
Instead of WYSIWYG could we get MMD(MultiMarkdown)? Throw in some basic HTML/CSS options for colour text and we'd be golden!

Believe you me I can work me some magic for character sheets with MMD and HTML. Not to brag, but I did a kick-ass Dresden Files sheet with MMD and HTML in 2011. I hope that I've learned a bit since then and can do even better!
Mar 12, 2015 6:40 am
That is a very slick looking sheet EF

You do not have permission to post in this thread.