Star Trek Adventures Playtest

Nov 24, 2016 8:37 pm
Just got an email about the Star Trek Adventures playtest starting now :D Think it's still possible to sign up for the playtest for those that are interested. modiphius.com/star-trek.html
Nov 24, 2016 9:05 pm
Sweet, I've been looking forward to this getting some traction
Nov 25, 2016 2:15 am
Interested in participating
Nov 25, 2016 4:06 am
So, that's like a board game?
Nov 25, 2016 7:59 am
No, it's a full fledged RPG. They have a system they call the "2d20 system", it looks to be a bit more "cinematic" than 5E, but a bit more structured than FATE. Haven't had time to read through the playtest docs yet though.

On a side note, anyone know if it's allowed to playtest this here? I signed up so long ago that I don't remember if there was a NDA or not :o But I'm guessing if those that participate signs up in the playtest (as players) it should be ok? At least then nobody is sharing copyrighted content.
Nov 25, 2016 8:29 am
Interesting! I just signed up for the Valiant.
Nov 25, 2016 9:48 am
azira says:
On a side note, anyone know if it's allowed to playtest this here? I signed up so long ago that I don't remember if there was a NDA or not :o But I'm guessing if those that participate signs up in the playtest (as players) it should be ok? At least then nobody is sharing copyrighted content.
Maybe not as it's posting onto a public forum, depends how open the Beta is to be honest - if it's akin to the D&D Next beta then I doubt it'd be an issue but if it's a bit more under wraps then it'd probably be worth checking with them
Nov 25, 2016 10:28 am
Cmbrian says:
You mean the Venture? I'm going to GM the Venture for my RL players. Could probably run a game here too, if there is interest, and we can get an OK from the devs.
Nov 25, 2016 12:41 pm
Good news everyone, posted on the ST:A forums, and got a reply: Is it ok by modiphius if I run ST:A on a public forum?

Basically they are ok with it as long as the playtest files themselves are not hosted publicly. I.E. players should signup on their site, or have to get the files on a PM. The game is not under an NDA
Nov 25, 2016 3:53 pm
azira says:
Cmbrian says:
You mean the Venture? I'm going to GM the Venture for my RL players. Could probably run a game here too, if there is interest, and we can get an OK from the devs.
Ha! Yes, Venture. I should not attempt to send messages in the middle of the night...and it's great news that they gave the green light to play here!
Nov 26, 2016 12:34 pm
Indeed. Made a thread in the Games Tavern to see if there is enough interest here
Nov 26, 2016 7:00 pm
I'm signed up as a player for the Bellerophon, anyone looking at running that one? :)
Nov 26, 2016 7:00 pm
Ok. I signed up for the Venture playtest on their website. Awaiting further information from them.
Nov 26, 2016 7:24 pm
I'm new to these forums, but saw your post on the Star Trek Adventures forum on the Modiphius site. I haven't done PbP in years, but I run a local game group and have been running a TOS-era campaign using the old LUG Star Trek system. I'm very excited about Star Trek Adventures and can't wait to test this out.
Nov 26, 2016 7:34 pm
Glad to have you on board, and welcome to gamersplane :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.