NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 27, 2016 8:10 pm
My players and GMs may have noticed a decline in posting, for which I apologise. I've been participating in NaNoWriMo, the goal of which is to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November.

I'm curious as to whether any of the great minds that habit Gamers Plane are participating, as well, and if so, how has it been going? What kind of projects are you working on? Anyone tackling the often tooted RPG-game-to-story conversion?

I'm a paragraph or two away from completing this years 50k goal. My project is a romance novel, set in a military/alt-history/fantasy setting. I succeeded last year, as well, that time writing a hard sci-fi/alt-history/greek myth thingy, which I'm hoping to have ready for publication soon.
Nov 27, 2016 8:29 pm
I've wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo for years and years now, but I've always managed to come up with an excuse for being too busy. It's awesome to see it mentioned here though, and congratulations on the accomplishment! I definitely plan on participating once my life has settled down a bit.
Nov 27, 2016 9:31 pm
Cool. Let us know if you publish. Would love to pick it up on my Kindle if you'll make it available there.
Nov 28, 2016 4:48 am
That's so great! I've toyed with the idea, but haven't tried it yet.

Do you outline before Nov 1st?
Nov 28, 2016 5:17 am
Typically many do. Outline, character sketches, etc., should all be done in advance. Then November is just getting words "on paper" so to speak.
Nov 28, 2016 5:27 am
I've never heard of this. That is really cool Q. I know a few people who will be very interested in this next year.
Nov 28, 2016 5:52 am
Never thought I'd see a NaNoWriMo post on this site, but kudos for seeing the challenge through to the end. I've done it myself and know it can be daunting. Hope you can get it published.
Nov 28, 2016 5:59 am
I'd be interested in hearing tips from those that have done it!
Nov 28, 2016 6:37 am
This is the first year I didn't attempt. My stories always run stale around 12,00 words. Maybe one day I'll hit 50k lol
Nov 28, 2016 6:34 pm
I tried a few years back when I was a carefree student and couldn't make it then. Now that I have work and family to think of I don't stand a chance to make it. It is an interesting challenge and I always think maybe next year. Congrats to all of you who's made it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.