Sandboxy 5e game.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 28, 2016 3:56 pm
I'm thinking about opening up a game that requires very little DM prep work up front: an open world sandbox.

My thought is that the party would begin in a pre-determined location and everything else would be subject to the whims of RNG tables (do you encounter monsters? do you find a clue? do you get an offer to become partners in a risque-gnome/dragonborn burlesque show? only time and the dice may tell!)

Part of me has considered running it as a TOTALLY random game (everyone rolls randomly for race/class/background/etc). Just to see what kind of ridiculous things happen, but that feels like it could be either super fun or super horrible.

Anyway, if there's interest, I'll be glad to run something like this. Very much a seat of our pants kind of adventure.
Nov 28, 2016 4:10 pm
I enjoy both super fun and horrible!
Nov 28, 2016 4:19 pm
I'm always thought it fun to roll right down the stats and then randomly rolling for everything else. I'm totally game for this. can't wait to roll a fighter who's lowest stat is strength and highest is wisdom
Nov 28, 2016 4:26 pm
I'm up for it! I love random!
Nov 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Man oh man, this sounds awesome! :-D
Nov 28, 2016 4:39 pm
I'm in. The dice LOVE me.
Nov 28, 2016 4:41 pm
Alrighty, given the current immediate interest, I'm going to go ahead and get some things set up for the random rolls and such. Then I'll set up the actual game.
Nov 28, 2016 4:56 pm
Sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot.
Nov 28, 2016 7:02 pm
Game is up here. Currently I have it slotted for 8 characters. Not sure we'll have that many, but the free-flowy nature should be a little easier to manage with. :)

EDIT:
I opted to go for using the dice to come up with almost everything (customizing your class is up to you, such as cleric domains, warlock patrons, etc). Everything else is do or die by the fate of the dice.
Last edited November 28, 2016 7:03 pm
Nov 28, 2016 7:24 pm
I am so in, sounds great.
Nov 28, 2016 9:27 pm
If there is still room, I'd love to see what mess I roll.
Nov 28, 2016 9:46 pm
I'm going to go ahead and close the game now. Hyp is the last one in for the time being. Depending on how things shake out, it may have to open back up.
Nov 29, 2016 12:16 am
Drama, you know I want in if you open another slot! Can't wait to try my luck if I get a chance.
Nov 29, 2016 12:21 am
Aaannnd if a slot opens up after that, I'll jump in, too.
Nov 29, 2016 12:32 am
I've got both of you down on my short list if more bodies are needed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.