PM Inbox and Outbox completely empty

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 21, 2015 6:14 pm
Greetings Keleth, I bring you ill tidings of a private sort. (jk)

When going to PMs, both Inbox and Outbox have been totally wiped. All I can see is the New PM button, the message indicator underneath it and the black bar, and the Inbox and Outbox tabs.

Oh, weird. When reloading the page, for a split second this (below) appears where messages usually appear under the black bar, and then disappears when the page is fully reloaded. I managed to catch it, I'm copying and pasting it here.

{{pm.title}}
from {{pm.sender.username}} on {{pm.datestamp}}
to {{recipient.username}}{{$last?'':', '}} on {{pm.datestamp}}

Another note I'm slightly embarrassed to mention that might somehow be affecting this is that a while ago I sent a PM to myself for fun, not sure why. Since then, even though I read that PM, my message counter in the top right has said I have 1 unread message, although my PMs have been working fine until just now. I'm guessing the error has to do with the new PM system you implemented.

This seems like an urgent issue, I'm not sure how sending PMs is affected, and I also don't know if it's only my PM system that's messed up. Right now, it says I have 3 unread messages, so maybe getting new mail somehow wiped my mail? Thanks, it's appreciated :)
Last edited March 21, 2015 6:21 pm
Mar 21, 2015 8:16 pm
Hm... So you don't see any PMs listed, but you see unread messages in the top right? I see a bunch of PMs in the database from and to you. Have you tried force refreshing your page? What browser are you on?
Mar 21, 2015 9:21 pm
That happened to me the other day, Kaizival, after Ro's last update, and Shift-Refreshing the page seemed to fix it.
Mar 22, 2015 1:41 am
I'm on Safari. I've tried restarting, clearing the cache, and all sorts of force reloads (Safari doesn't seem to support force reloading however).

This may be of interest to you. I opened Safari's Error Console, here's what I got.

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-route.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery-1.10.2.min.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-sanitize.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-cookies.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-sanitize.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery-1.10.2.min.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-cookies.min.js.map, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (angular-route.min.js.map, line 0)
Last edited March 22, 2015 1:42 am
Mar 22, 2015 6:52 am
Eh... maps are ok, shouldn't be stopping anything. They're used by people who open dev tools to make debugging easier. They shouldn't affect anything on the page.

According to the interwebs, CTRL + F5 or SHIFT + F5 should force reload a page, and if that fails Settings > Delete Private Data and making sure Delete Entire Cache is clicked will work.

I just ran tests in Opera, and besides the site looking all sorts of wonky and weird, PMs are working in test scenarios. The site definitely looks/works best in Chrome/Firefox, but I also test in Opera/Safari. Given I have next to no visitors in Safari, I don't really bother with stuff there, but I admit, I was lax about Opera testing in the last few months :(

You do not have permission to post in this thread.