Legend of the Five Rings, anyone?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 14, 2016 11:20 pm
I've been working on setting up an L5R game for a few weeks now. I'm getting to the point where I'm comfortable with people joining so that we can work together what we'd like to do.

Here is the Game Details page.

There are a lot of options for characters in this era, and I plan on everyone talking over what kind of story they'd like to play out before making characters. I've already invited a few people that I've promised this game to, but there are up to 3 more slots open if people are interested.

Here is a link to the forums page with more information. Please look over it before applying to make sure that this is something you'd be interested in. The Campaign Information subforum, House Rules, and Character Creation thread is likely the best place to get an idea of what the game will be like. If you apply, be sure to post here or send me a PM as well. Any blind applications will be accepted last.

Knowing the L5R 4e rules isn't a requirement. I'll do my best to post up rules and help people out as we go. I've also posted a roleplaying aid of sorts for learning what's considered proper for Rokugani behavior. As long as you're willing to learn, prior knowledge isn't required! The game is likely going to be heavy on the roleplaying and dialogue. If you're looking for katana-clashing samurai heroes, well.. there certainly will be some of that, but it isn't going to be the focus of the game.

Let me know if there are any questions!
Last edited December 15, 2016 5:54 pm
Dec 15, 2016 12:17 am
I recognise that you've done a metric ass-ton of prep for this game. Rokugan is such a rich setting that I can see why you have. I played in a lore intensive (and lore bending) game for 2 years using D&D 3.5, and I'd love to participate in an actual L5R 4e game - I already have the core rulebook.
Dec 15, 2016 12:38 am
Thanks! I plan on adding a lot more information on the mechanics of the game, and some more lore and etiquette. I figure it can only help! My only experience with L5R 4e was a 30-something session game played over Skype with 2 players who were Crab Clan bushi. We didn't pay as much attention to the etiquette of Rokugan as I'm going to try to do with this game, but it was still tons of fun.

Glad that you're interested! The 4th edition rules are a pretty simple roll/keep mechanic. And hopefully Keleth will have L5R character sheets up soon so that we can hop over to using those.
Dec 15, 2016 4:32 pm
I'd like to play, but am a little over-stretched at the moment. Consider me as a backup in case there is a vacancy down the road or something to that effect. Good luck!
Dec 15, 2016 6:15 pm
Totally understandable!
Dec 16, 2016 8:41 am
Two more slots open for anyone that wants to get in on some magical samurai fun.
Dec 16, 2016 9:08 am
I'm really tempted, have run L5R a few times but I don't think I've ever had the chance to play....will have a read through the games forums and look at the details later today mate
Dec 16, 2016 9:42 am
I'm familiar with the world, but never actually played and don't have the rules though but if your willing to take on a nooby.
Dec 16, 2016 10:29 am
mcneils5 says:
I'm really tempted, have run L5R a few times but I don't think I've ever had the chance to play....will have a read through the games forums and look at the details later today mate
Great! Sounds good!
Genisisect says:
I'm familiar with the world, but never actually played and don't have the rules though but if your willing to take on a nooby.
Certainly! Character creation will be the hardest part without the book. I can help with that, though, and afterwards the mechanics themselves are pretty simple.
Dec 16, 2016 11:15 am
I shall apply then!
Dec 16, 2016 1:11 pm
Ok, have had a read through the details of the current time period and it sounds very interesting, application to join made!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.