1e AD&D

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 16, 2016 11:21 pm
Well, looks like there's going to be a Basic D&D game starting up soon, which I'm excited about. In the spirit of the old school, who'd be interested in a 1e game as well? I'd DM it, probably allowing content from Unearthed Arcana as well as that in the PHB.

Any interest? Any requests for what you'd like to see?
Dec 16, 2016 11:30 pm
Temple of Elemental Evil? Pharoah?
Dec 16, 2016 11:37 pm
Valdus says:
Temple of Elemental Evil? Pharoah?
Temple would be easily doable. I like starting at level 1, so Pharaoh is a bit higher (5-7).
Dec 17, 2016 1:28 am
Ye gods man, GP is going to turn me into a 13 year old!
Dec 17, 2016 1:45 am
Hello THAC0, my old friend!
Dec 17, 2016 2:15 am
The true meaning of "There and Back Again."
Dec 17, 2016 2:41 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Does that mean you're in?

What about you, Valdus?
Dec 17, 2016 2:49 am
I'd certainly be interested, though I've not played 1e before. Is there source material readily available through some method?
Dec 17, 2016 2:55 am
Dramasailor says:
I'd certainly be interested, though I've not played 1e before. Is there source material readily available through some method?
I can get you the PHB if you'd like. Just give me your email address, either here or by PM and I'll send it to you :)
Dec 17, 2016 3:02 am
I am a wee little bit of butter on a damn big piece of toast, a gigantic acre of a slice. I got a LOT of games spinning, including two of my own. I want to, and if you run The Temple, damnit Im just going to have to do it. One thing that is fascinating about this site is that it is all a tight circle of players which is mostly holy cow awesome.

But yeah, if we got a Temple I'll do it.
Dec 17, 2016 3:06 am
Dammit, I'm in the same boat as Valdus, but I've always wanted to play Temple! Is there room for one more?
Dec 17, 2016 3:07 am
Well, that would make 4 :)

I'll probably post the game tonight, and we can iron out details/house rules (I am probably not using the initiative system as detailed in the book) in the game threads
Dec 17, 2016 3:13 am
This is awesome. I've been kicking around the idea of running a 2e ADD game. I just might still. I'm happy to see older versions get some love on GP.
Dec 17, 2016 3:40 am
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Does that mean you're in?

What about you, Valdus?
You bet, I'm in! But I haven't played this ruleset since 1991 (and even back then there was a lot of hand-holding by the DM as far as mechanics went) so I'll need the PHB too. My mailbox is jabes.plays.rpg@gmail.com

Thanks!
Dec 17, 2016 3:53 am
I sent invites, but the game page is here
Dec 17, 2016 4:30 am
Figures, the one night I'm out and about and don't see a 1E game getting started up! :-) I can't tell you the number of hours I spent reading the AD&D stuff when I was in high school. Probably for the best, considering all of the other games I'm involved with, but will be watching this one nonetheless.
Last edited December 17, 2016 4:30 am
Dec 17, 2016 4:34 am
szemely says:
Figures, the one night I'm out and about and don't see a 1E game getting started up! :-) I can't tell you the number of hours I spent reading the AD&D stuff when I was in high school. Probably for the best, considering all of the other games I'm involved with, but will be watching this one nonetheless.
If you want in, I can open up an extra spot for you ;)
Dec 17, 2016 4:38 am
I really, really shouldn't, but.... hell, yes! A spot in your game would be much appreciated. :-)
Dec 17, 2016 4:39 am
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
This is awesome. I've been kicking around the idea of running a 2e ADD game. I just might still. I'm happy to see older versions get some love on GP.
2nd Edition's greatest and best contribution: allowing Rogue characters to fully customize their thief skills. Totally made sense and got rid of the 'every thief/rogue has the exact same skill set' nonsense.
Dec 17, 2016 4:41 am
szemely says:
I really, really shouldn't, but.... hell, yes! A spot in your game would be much appreciated. :-)
Invite sent! Six players is my limit, so I'm gonna cut it off here :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.