One Piece BESM

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 27, 2016 9:22 am
So as indicated by a post I have now deleted I am interested in playing BESM, as that has proven to be a failure I am looking at running a One Piece based game potentially from the marines point of view. I will be using the revised 2nd edition and this will be my first go. The idea is in the earliest stages of development and will bot be starting before February as I have now short time limit to finish paintsome minitures

Reading thr rules provided I have already considered the options for a number of things.

Devil Fruits: Special power granted fruit that taste terrible and strip you of your ability to swim in addition to specific weaknesses depending on the power. I will allow anyone to have one at creation but would advise a mix of fruit users and none fruit users.
These are limited to one per person, the fruit regenerates after an old users death. I will allow filler fruits to be claimed but nothing used by a cannon character who hasn't been confirmed as dead. One character can only eat one fruit, their is only one exception and we don't know why yet.

In game if a fruit is found I wil ask you to role to aee what it is.
Parmacia: a single ability like projecting barriers, altering your weight or your body be becoming rubber
Zoan: Animal transformation, you can become that animal or or hybrid gaining benefits or weaknesses, like becoming a wolf man, Lepard, or human (only effects an animal)
Logia: Becoming an element such as fire, darkness etc
Legendary Zoan: Becoming dinosaurs or mythical creatures

Rokushiki: A series of six techniques taught to the World Governments agents, individuals have demonstrated mastery of a single techniques perhaps by my training, accident or observation
Haki: This is tricky but possible and would be limited early on as it's the most recently shown ability.

Races
Humans: The most numerous we all know what we are, their are some varieties but they come from different islands one notable example are Cyborgs and Amazons the former are rare the latter only come from one island.
Fishmen: Bipedal fish people they can come in a veriety of forms, they can walk and fight on land breath under water and the average fishman is physically stronger then an average human. They are known to use a special kind of Karats and can communicate with their animal counterparts.
Mermaids/ Mermen: Restricted to the ocean or water without aid like a wheel chair, in the water they are the fastest swimmers in the world. At age thirty they can jump between having legs and a tail. They and fishmen can breed and the resulting child could be either.
Giants: Litteral Giants.
Minks: A bipedal animal race sort of like a permanent half zoan animal user with all the strengths and weaknesses.
Pixies: The rarest race, literal pixies.
Last edited December 27, 2016 9:41 am
Dec 27, 2016 6:57 pm
I had to look up that acronym! Thought for a second Gamers Plane was branching out into wierder elements of Roleplay :)

Not an anime fan, but I wish you luck with it!
Dec 28, 2016 6:25 am
I've always wanted to do an anime styled game. I am willing to play but I do not have an experience with the system.
Dec 28, 2016 7:47 am
I have never played the system either but have wanted to try it for a good few years. If I could find a Gam I would ratplay it first but as that isn't the csse I'll just take a flying leap into the system.
Dec 28, 2016 8:35 pm
Never played the system, but I'd like to give it a shot!
Dec 28, 2016 9:07 pm
Sweet
Jan 1, 2017 2:45 pm
I am absolutely down with this. Time to learn a new system!
Jan 1, 2017 2:55 pm
Well, I'm still reading through the rules (mostly done) and I want to keep this chat going so we can hopefully build up a small group. I am willing to run other universes but One Piece is the one I know best, Dragon Ball is a thought and Naruto is also a thought. I would just like to play around with this system and see how it goes. Any input would be deeply appreciated.
Jan 2, 2017 6:50 pm
I'm interested in playing an anime style game. Not all that familiar with One Piece, and I've never used BESM before, but I'm willing to learn.
Jan 3, 2017 10:47 am
Ok with three players we have enough players to start our plotting, my intention was a game set after the Marineford battle perhaps in the two years absence of our protagonist crews. My thoughts is the majority of you guys are new recruits or lowkey marines who will end up facing a big trial by fire. This assumes every one wants to play a marine, so shoot me your idea's?
Last edited January 5, 2017 8:15 am
Jan 5, 2017 12:12 am
Could you be more specific?
Jan 5, 2017 8:20 am
In what way do you mean my plans for the game? Honestly this is a loose set up at present so all I would like is an outline for what kind of character you want to make. Are you marines? Are you commoners or nobles do you come from the four main seas or the grandline. Are yoy a fighter or are you something else. Do you want a Devil fruit or unusual fighting style? Is that more helpful?
Last edited January 5, 2017 8:21 am
Jan 5, 2017 9:23 pm
I think discussing character ideas is better suited to the actual game forum.
Jan 5, 2017 10:13 pm
All I'm after is a general idea before I start building the threads, this is why I asked.

Additional

To clarify why I am asking for your concepts here is the game encourages discussion before hand. As I'm only asking about an outline not specifics I don't think it's an unreasonable request. Any further details can be hashed out in the actual game threads. Which will be built some time this month.
Last edited January 5, 2017 11:15 pm
Jan 5, 2017 11:39 pm
I was probably going to go with marine, as per your original prompt. Also wanted to go the Devil fruit route. Would we use canon fruits or could we create one?
Jan 6, 2017 12:05 am
Would you be open to the idea on a cyborg marine since they did that with Kuma now CP-0
Jan 6, 2017 1:19 am
I think I'll break from our concepts so far and say I'll probably play a mostly-normal marine sniper.
Jan 6, 2017 7:18 am
Excellent a nice mix of concepts, as for fruits yes I would ask for either a filler fruit, one you made up or one you know belonged to a confirmed dead character. As this takes place during the Strawhat's absence this does allow for the Mera Mera fruit, if you really want. I will be making base templates of attributes and defects for the fruit and the cyborg as race. These will only be at most 10 of your starting points.

The sniper concept is a fun one are you going to focus on the standard rifle or something more unusual? Lastly I want you to consider these questions. Why did you join the marines? How did you come across your fighting style/findvthe fruit/ be made into a Cyborg?

As of now your characters have been marines for about a year you cleared basic six months previously abd have been reassigned to Louge town. At this point the battle of Marineford happened a few days ago.

I'll get to work on the threads shortly.
Last edited January 6, 2017 8:16 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.