Pathfinder for those new to the system

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 29, 2016 3:57 am
Hello,

I've been kicking this idea around for awhile, and was wondering if there would be any interest out there for people to learn Pathfinder? I'm looking specifically for people with no experience of the game and/or people who are new to gaming in general.

My idea is to run through some encounters with new players to help them get a feel for the game. Would anyone be interested in trying this out? Rather than trying to work through an extended campaign, I have a variety of encounters in mind that I think will be able to demonstrate how the game works.

Any takers?
Dec 29, 2016 12:20 pm
I definitely would be interested. There seem to be more PF games being played at local stores than any other RPG.
Dec 29, 2016 1:56 pm
I'm not one of the demographic for this, but I love this idea!
Dec 29, 2016 3:57 pm
Don't know it -- but also not keen on learning it, but I thought I'd offer an endorsement of Phil as a GM and as a teacher of a system. My first 13th Age game was with him and I enjoyed the game thoroughly!
Dec 30, 2016 3:07 am
Thank you very much for the endorsement! Feeling a bit red-faced, and I'm hoping to have 4 people for this. Once I've got a group then we can discuss the rest. So far that's one person.
Dec 30, 2016 8:31 pm
I would be interested! I have only a little experience with gaming in general, mostly D&D 5e.
Dec 31, 2016 1:54 am
Ok, cool. That's 2/4 and enough for me to go ahead and set up the game. A couple more people should be easy enough to track down. I'll send invites.
Jan 7, 2017 4:56 am
Are you still looking for people for this? I'm looking to get more experience with tabletop RPGs in general - I've only ever played one session of D&D 4e and a pickup game of a very mechanic-light system - so I'd be happy to fill a spot.
Jan 8, 2017 4:49 am
I am interested. I am new to Pathfinder, and have been away from RPGs for a long time.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.