Traveller

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 29, 2016 7:54 pm
I ended up getting the latest edition of the Traveller Core Book and would like to give it a spin sometime here in the near future. Any Traveller fans out there?
Dec 29, 2016 8:04 pm
Damn you, Szemely! Traveller is on THE LIST. Unfortunately, I've only made one character (and survived!), and then we did some brief RP, i.e., one session.
Dec 29, 2016 8:05 pm
:-)

I've never played it before, so it would be my first go.
Last edited December 29, 2016 8:05 pm
Dec 29, 2016 8:17 pm
Do you have a link to a basic rundown of what the system is all about?
Dec 29, 2016 8:27 pm
I would love some Traveller. I've only ever messed about with the Mongoose rule set. Started creating an Excel character creator. Got far enough to build a world generator and the stat roller/assigner. I'm in a Judge Dredd game built on the basic Traveller rule set.
Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm
Naatkinson says:
Do you have a link to a basic rundown of what the system is all about?
Found a Traveller wiki, but nothing like a quick start rule set or anything.

Traveller Wiki
Dec 29, 2016 9:03 pm
Is it Mongoose Traveller szem? As Drama says, we're running Dredd in the system and I'd be up to join as a player in a traditional SF one.
Dec 29, 2016 9:11 pm
Yep, Mongoose. The edition that was just recently released.
Dec 30, 2016 3:12 am
Hrm. I've got a Traveller book here..

but it's (c) 2008. Time to poke around and see what the differences are. Count me among the interested.
Dec 30, 2016 3:15 am
Huh. Amazon says I ordered the other one too..

Time to go hunt the closet of RPGs..
Dec 30, 2016 3:16 am
Oh! There it is. Right next to the old one. :)
Dec 30, 2016 8:56 am
I got Traveller for christmas. Would love to try it out. I've played the last Mongoose edition so I'm familiar with the rules. Haven't had time to digest what's new and shiny.
Last edited December 30, 2016 8:59 am
Dec 30, 2016 3:13 pm
OK mine is the older 2008 edition but if there's not a huge difference, I'm in!
Dec 30, 2016 5:12 pm
Here's the biggest differences I've been able to suss out after a short time with it today:
It looks prettier.
You can join academies (University/Military Academy) at character creation instead of going straight into service.
There's a bane/boon mechanic in that you roll an extra die and takes the lowest or highest two.
Armor seems to be cheaper, no longer priced in the millions. Seems to work differently as well since the bonuses seems to be slightly higher.
Computers seems to be updated.
And that's about as far as I've had the chance to look.
Dec 30, 2016 5:38 pm
I'll do some reading the next few days and see what I can do about running a game. I'll be learning as I go, but that's the beauty of forum play, ain't it. :-)
Jan 8, 2017 3:58 am
Thanks for your interest, everyone!

Haven't forgot about this but with work firing back up at full strength after the holidays I'm going to need some more time to read/plan before starting something up. I'll let everyone know when I'm ready.
Jan 8, 2017 10:34 am
Take your time. I'm willing to wait for a Traveller game :)
Jan 8, 2017 4:03 pm
I got hold a review copy from Mongoose so with you all the way!
Jan 10, 2017 11:19 pm
is it too late to jump on this?
Jan 11, 2017 2:31 am
It'll be a while before I get something running, so it's not too late!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.