Dice rolling only showing up in thread for GM

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 30, 2015 3:08 am
In our gamed, GM'd by the fabulous EldritchFire, we have a roleplay thread which started without dice rolling, but EF enabled it later on, and was able to add dice rolls to his posts.

However, none of the players seem to be able to add a dice roll to a post in that thread. The options don't show up in the Advanced section of the thread post page.

Is this a bug or is an option that wasn't chosen to allow everyone to add a dice roll?
Mar 30, 2015 4:52 am
Its a flaw in my logic for how permissions are figured out. When a forum is created, by default it doesn't have permissions to add a post/roll. Unfortunately, I meant for it to inherent the permissions from its parent forum. I'm gonna fix it up in your subforums (and anyone else who needs it) until I can think of a better solution.
Mar 30, 2015 1:54 pm
And here I was, about to submit this very ticket. Thanks for being on top of things, dunderklumpen!
Mar 30, 2015 2:36 pm
So looking it over, you should have been able to explicitly grant permission (in the Forum Moderator section) to add rolls. I'm debating how I want defaults to work right now.
Mar 30, 2015 2:59 pm
Keleth says:
So looking it over, you should have been able to explicitly grant permission (in the Forum Moderator section) to add rolls. I'm debating how I want defaults to work right now.
I'm not seeing an option in the Forum ACP to allow rolls in posts. I also tried to edit the original post and check the box to allow rolls, but it's not working either.

Helps?
Mar 30, 2015 3:17 pm
In the Forum ACP, do you see a Permissions tab? And the ability to edit group permissions therein? Overall, the Forum ACP does need work, but it should be functional at least.
Mar 30, 2015 4:54 pm
Wow, that permissions page is a bit of a mess, Keleth. I honestly don't know what “don't care” means.

In any case, I have the Add Rolls set to yes on the parent forum, but the subforum says “No group level permissions for this forum.
Mar 30, 2015 4:58 pm
Hm... that's a big bug. I'll tackle that, though I've fixed it on your subforums either way.

I modeled the permissions off phpBB, where you pick "Yes" or "No" for explicit permissions or "Don't care" to inherit from the parent.
Mar 30, 2015 5:15 pm
Keleth says:
Hm... that's a big bug. I'll tackle that, though I've fixed it on your subforums either way.

I modeled the permissions off phpBB, where you pick "Yes" or "No" for explicit permissions or "Don't care" to inherit from the parent.
It would be easier to understand, then, if it was “Inherit from parent” instead of “don't care” :p

And thanks for the fix!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.