Enter the hero!

Jan 5, 2017 10:48 pm
September 1930

A couple of weeks into the new semester and already it's been eventful. The summer field trip you were planning to join but family commitments held you back apparently ended bizarrely with the students all getting arrested for drunken behaviour. You missed a close call there!

Then, just a week into the semester you witnessed a student fall down stairs and break a leg, claiming he'd been pushed. You saw no-one anywhere on the steps. It then turned out this guy was Angel Martin, the very student that took your spot on the trip!

The strangeness continues when one night, not long after 11pm, you're on a late night ride round the country roads outside campus when a man in a bedraggled suit, runs out of the bushes, waving his hands desperately.
Jan 6, 2017 1:24 am
Chuck swerves to avoid the pedestrian, then slows his bike, circles back and stops beside the man. The song pounding through his head vanishes like a lit shadow. "You okay, mister?" he asks politely.
Jan 6, 2017 7:41 am
As you turn, the man shields his face from the light, but he is unmistakable. He is Roderick "Little Rod" Block, star player of the varsity football team and also one of the students to make it on the summer trip. He seems incredibly panicked and out of breath.

"Campus! Need to get to campus! Is your machine safe?"
Jan 7, 2017 1:20 am
Chuck stutters a bit. "R-r-rod? Uhhh, yeah, hop on, I suppose." Chuck scooches forward and revs the engine once. Carbunkles! He's going to hold on to me and feel my pudgy belly.

"You allright there Rod?"
Jan 7, 2017 1:48 am
Rod does indeed hold on incredibly tightly and that's before you've even taken off. He seems terrified the whole way back to campus.

Chuck pulls at the residence area and Rod carefully climbs off. "Thank you thank you,"

He begins to pace up and down the pavement, rubbing his head. The orange glow of the campus lighting flickers, almost distracting him, he mutters to himself, almost oblivious that Chuck is still there, "Think Clark, think, who can help, who to turn to? Martin? No, hospital? Jon, seems to be losing it...That new fellow they're hanging with, what's his name, what's his name?"
Jan 7, 2017 6:47 pm
"Is there trouble? Maybe I can - " Do what, exactly? Tally sums?

"I mean, I don't know."
Jan 7, 2017 8:24 pm
"Tall chap, slick hair , glasses wears a bow tie. Supposedly killed a girl in satanic ritual.."

As soon as he says that, you know exactly who he means. William Loftus, known to many as Father Bill. Studies Philosophy or something, but apparently used to be heavily into religion and was accused of murdering a girl in some ritual. And as if coincidences weren't enough already, you saw him only an hour ago, sitting on a bench in Pickman Street, just a couple of minutes away!
Jan 7, 2017 9:01 pm
"Father Bill? Forsooth? He wouldn't do that, just idle talk that is. I suppose, I mean."

Chuck waves vaguely toward the bench. "I can take you to him, if you think he can help. I saw him a bit back."

Charles begins to calm down, and examines Rod. "What could he help you with?"
Jan 7, 2017 9:03 pm
"Mathis, his friend. He's been kidnapped. We need to get him back. All my fault."

He gets back on your bike, "Please, take me to where you saw him"
Jan 7, 2017 9:12 pm
"What in the name of Sam Hell? Get on!"

Chuck slides his goggles over his eyes and grits his teeth. Satan? Murder? Kidnapping? What else are these people into here?
Jan 7, 2017 9:17 pm
Chuck takes off and bombs down the street, three turns then hits W. Pickman Street. Pulling up to the bench, Rod jumps off, "Where is he, where is he??"

Father Bill is no longer here.
Jan 7, 2017 9:32 pm
Chuck says nothing, but looks about frantically, picking up Rod's mood as if it were contagious. He scans the edges of nearby buildings for signs of movement.

"Who else could help find Mathis? Do you know who his friends are?"
Jan 7, 2017 9:34 pm
OOC:
Can I have a Spot Hidden roll?
Jan 7, 2017 9:41 pm
Spot Hidden, Untrained = 25%

Rolls

Spot Hidden vs 25% - (1d100)

(15) = 15

Jan 7, 2017 9:43 pm
Rod stops and tries to focus, "There are a few friends of his but they are being..how do I put this..picked off. They are on an expedition with me, or at least with Rod," he continues to looks around.
Jan 7, 2017 9:48 pm
Chuck suddenly spots a figure in the upper window of a property over the road. He appears to be looking directly at you.
Jan 7, 2017 9:53 pm
Suddenly suspicious. "What are you talking about. You seemed to refer to yourself as Clark earlier. Expedition? Hey, is this a fraternity prank?"
Jan 7, 2017 9:54 pm
"And is that one of your frat-boys?" He openly stares back at the figure.
Jan 7, 2017 10:38 pm
"It's a long story, I'll explain later. Frat Boys?" he follows your gaze up to the window.

"That's him!" he begins to wave frantically.
Jan 7, 2017 11:17 pm
Chuck shuts off the bike and slides his goggles down to his neck. "Let's go!"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.