Hello Gamers Plane!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 9, 2017 8:04 am
Howdy do!

First of all, I just finished the first season of Westworld and WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Looking forward to SW if you know what I mean!

Anyway, so, I like to game. Most of my experience with gaming has been in online chat sort of games, going back to the 90's with AOL IC chatrooms (Anyone hear familiar with the AOL community of Rhy'Din by chance? That would be nuts but you never know!) and lots of roleplaying within games such as WoW and whatnot. I know I know, but I'll tell ya; can be a damn fine medium for some pretty special stuff. On the table, I've always been a DnD guy, mostly 2nd edition but I am LOVING 5th ed. Saw some Vampire of the Masquerade back when I was in highschool (The Crow was still popular then, don't judge me!), and currently I mess around with Shadowrun.

Enough lifestory though, here's some game lists of wants and wills!

Types of Games I wanna play: classic fantasy adventures, oldey times bronze into iron agey faction-centered stuff, gritty Mouseguard, clan-focused samurai drama, Lasers and Feelings, post-eldritch horror core, anything taking place in Warcraft (cause I never have AND SO WANT TO), and Shadowrun. I tend to prefer mature-minded games, not necessarily sexy boob times, but, you know, games that flourish with a believable understanding between the characters within it, and such. I like to pretend to be an adult in my fantasies.

Games I could theoretically host: DnD! Mouseguard! Blood and Honor (such a cool game), Lasers and Feelings (okay not so mature with this one, but it's just ridiculously fun), and all those warhammer 40k games (except Black Crusade. There's only so much actual skull-!$@#ing I can stand reading before I start to seriously question what I'm doing with my life.

Generally I'm pretty casual, but when I get immersed I tend to get very writey.

Right, so, there's me in a package. Looking forward to play with you all!
Jan 9, 2017 9:09 am
Just finished Westworld for the second time! Loved it!

Welcome! And for the record, I've had great fun with Black Crusade :)
Jan 9, 2017 10:07 am
Welcome to GP! Looks like you are going to be busy :)
Jan 9, 2017 12:35 pm
I still have to catch Westworld! Welcome Nabbicus! I always love having people experienced in the medium joining the site so I can get feedback on what others have done better. As for games, DnD 5e is definitely popular around here, so you won't have to wait on that, and I know there's been interest in the 40k games and Mouseguard before (I really have to get to adding some new systems).
Jan 9, 2017 1:35 pm
Welcome Nabbicus! We are happy you have you here!
Jan 9, 2017 2:26 pm
Welcome Nabbicus! Lots of D&D happens here including a World of Warcraft mod for 5e. Your wish list looks like a lot like my currently playing list, heh.

Played Mouseguard here last year, and it seems like a great system, but we had a hard time adapting it to PBP. Any system that involves negotiation between the players each action round can bog down pretty quick when someone misses a post, or doesn't check for a couple days.
Jan 9, 2017 4:12 pm
Wow! Thanks for all the welcomings!

I appreciate your sharing of experience on playing Mouseguard here, Qralloq. I'lol keep that in mind if end up trying to run a game, maybe some kind of tweaking is in order.

@MoMo: I have to say I have drooled at the potential of Black Crusade, I think my leeryness comes from picturing the game in mass chatroom format. Just imagine the edge... THE EDGE!! Woof. With that though, lemme know if you might run a game of it, I'd love to explore it.

@aaronschmidt: Oh I cannot wait!

@Nikcollini: Thanks! I like your attention to the glorious letter that is 'N'!

@Keleth: Awesome! I am just floored with how well put together 5th is, I would be totally stoked to play it with you and give some friendly feedback! There are so many styles of play, and each one has a lesson for another imo!
Jan 9, 2017 4:13 pm
CancerMan says:
Welcome!
Thanks CancerMan! Have you praised the Emprah today?
Jan 9, 2017 7:17 pm
Welcome, Nabbicus! Happy Gaming! :-)
Jan 9, 2017 9:33 pm
Nabbicus says:
@MoMo: I have to say I have drooled at the potential of Black Crusade, I think my leeryness comes from picturing the game in mass chatroom format. Just imagine the edge... THE EDGE!! Woof. With that though, lemme know if you might run a game of it, I'd love to explore it.
It definitely takes a certain type, I think. As you said, it can certainly get so edgy otherwise. I played a Sorcerer, who also happened to be a pathological liar, and would convince the rest of the party he could do things he actually couldn't. But it didn't matter; he'd lie about the results anyway.

Not sure if I'll run it anytime soon, as I'm chock full at the moment, and there's a lot on my list of what I want to run. If I do, though, you'll be first to know.
Jan 9, 2017 9:50 pm
MoMo says:
Nabbicus says:
It definitely takes a certain type, I think. As you said, it can certainly get so edgy otherwise. I played a Sorcerer, who also happened to be a pathological liar, and would convince the rest of the party he could do things he actually couldn't. But it didn't matter; he'd lie about the results anyway.

Not sure if I'll run it anytime soon, as I'm chock full at the moment, and there's a lot on my list of what I want to run. If I do, though, you'll be first to know.
Wiz! And that sounds like a really fun concept.
Jan 9, 2017 11:14 pm
Welcome! Lots of 5e, and the occasional Shadowrun on here. I'd be up for Lasers and Feelings...someday. Right now I'm pretty maxed with the number of games. :)
Jan 9, 2017 11:41 pm
Hey so looking at the games list. A lot of these Open games were posted back in Nov. Are these generally considered inactive by the community? What's the groove here?
Jan 9, 2017 11:58 pm
marithyme says:
Welcome! Lots of 5e, and the occasional Shadowrun on here. I'd be up for Lasers and Feelings...someday. Right now I'm pretty maxed with the number of games. :)
It's so much damn fun.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.