5th ed DnD, The Ruins of Baldur's Gate

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 10, 2017 7:50 am
So, I have this game here, and I totally went over the text allowance in the description hilariously right at the "Actual Game Breakdown" header, soooooo, here it is, dang I wished I saved the text before submitting:

Yeah, so, I am basically running a Mordheim scenario in the Forgotten Realms setting using 5th ed DnD core rules. The PCs will together choose a sponsor that is hiring them to go out into the ruins of Baldur's Gate to collect fragments of the comet that wrecked the city, in exchange for gold. This sponsor will provide, in their own way, a sort of home base camp for the party between forays into the city over a grand expedition.

I want to start with 4 at the most, but I want to keep it open for additional members. The main thing to note, is that while I will screen applicant character concepts, any additions to the party will be decided by the PC party. Applicant PCs that I approve will be described in the narrative when the party returns to camp for consideration of party if they want them in their group (and split the rewards with them.) I woooooouuuuuuuuld like it to be possible for additional characters to be able to interact/negotiate with the party before any decisions are made, so this may mean I will accept applicants without guarantee that they're "in". I will ask any accepted applicants to respect this imaginary boundary, and that the decision is strictly an IC choice by the current PC party.

Man I feel like I left a lot out from my original post. Well, maybe its a good thing to have this discussion thread then!

Edit: I remembered something! So, this isn't exactly a "take the ultimate ring of power to the mountain of doom" story, so I want to not shy from events that can lead to PC death, so please keep that in mind. The game is set up to EASILY put in your next character should yours die. ALSO, I like to write gritty stuff, I dunno, we'll see how it goes, but consider this game rated M for Mature. If you have certain literary limits of subjects of graphic nature, please send me a private message, so that I may better monitor my tone and detail :) I don't want to ruin your fun just because I feel like "hey maybe this npc needs a botfly infection, let's talk about it!"
Last edited January 10, 2017 9:02 am
Jan 10, 2017 8:44 am
Damn, this looks like fun! And the IC application process is unique!

I suggest you update your Game Description with a link that points back to this thread here. :-)
Jan 10, 2017 8:53 am
Hey thanks for the tip! Had a bit a formatting trouble there.
Jan 10, 2017 12:54 pm
I'm super tempted to apply! But there are lots of people looking for games, and I'm in more than enough games already. I'm glad the forum is public because it'll be fun to read along for sure! :-)
Jan 10, 2017 2:52 pm
I applied. It is rare I'm snooping around when a new game pops up.
Jan 10, 2017 3:20 pm
Welcome to the game, Merlin!
Jan 10, 2017 3:21 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I'm super tempted to apply! But there are lots of people looking for games, and I'm in more than enough games already. I'm glad the forum is public because it'll be fun to read along for sure! :-)
Hey thanks for the kind word! You can always apply to have a character hanging around camp for later :D
Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm
OOPS! I did it again!

http://i.imgur.com/vpvKhzj.jpg
Last edited January 10, 2017 3:37 pm
Jan 10, 2017 3:45 pm
I can hang out at the Tavern and be on standby.
Jan 10, 2017 3:54 pm
Hi Moofsalot. Long time no see.
Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm
Hi! *waves* I'm currently in the habit of Joining All the Games. What else is new...
Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm
I can play a character that just waits at a tavern? I'm in!
Jan 10, 2017 5:48 pm
Drinking games!! Gambling! Woo!
Jan 10, 2017 6:04 pm
Other than drunks, what character classes are everyone? I was playing a dragonborn paladin before the game was cancelled. I could restart him.
Jan 10, 2017 6:09 pm
I'd likely go wizard since I don't have one running currently. Wow just realized I have almost one active PC of each class at the moment...
Jan 10, 2017 6:53 pm
http://www2.b3ta.com/fp-archive/host/8791479-1.gif
Last edited January 10, 2017 6:54 pm
Jan 10, 2017 7:23 pm
Knight Ryder Halfflehoff eh? I like it.

Okay so! I'm at work and stuff, but at some point today/night, I will start filling in stuff about these sponsors, and maybe learn how to make a game thread.

If reserves want to play within the camp while the main party does the expeditions, well, hell! More power to ya! If The Warmed Bench tavern turns out to be an active thing, maybe I should consider things that happen campside.
Last edited January 10, 2017 7:23 pm
Jan 11, 2017 6:36 am
Oh no, I only just noticed this.

I'd definitely be interested, if you find yourself in need of more fellows!
Jan 11, 2017 8:18 am
It all happened so fast! I invited everyone who was interested. the 4 PCs are allowed to hire on other adventurers at camp. If things are flowing and there are a number of people active at camp, I might do some "meanwhile, back at camp" segues, I dunno! We'll see :D either way, you're invited.
Jan 13, 2017 2:43 am
I entirely neglected my ability to read through the posts to see if this question was answered, but how does this whole "create a character who dines in a tavern until it is needed" work?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.