who wants to play traveller?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 14, 2017 5:49 pm
I have a copy of traveller 2nd edition (I think it's the most recent one from mongoose).

I've been wanting to run an action packed adventure in space and discovered this game, seems like it has everything I've been wanting to do.

I'm still reading through the book and figuring out all these tables and charts. anyone want to play in a game where the GM is still learning? I have good plot ideas!
Jan 14, 2017 7:21 pm
I would love to take it for a spin. I've played first edition Mongoose, but only read the second edition.
Jan 14, 2017 7:33 pm
I would like to learn it
Jan 14, 2017 10:02 pm
Would live to play but dont have the books/pdf/ money to get them
Jan 14, 2017 10:03 pm
i don't have any of the books or the pdf or anything. is there a way you could send me a pdf or something like that?
Jan 14, 2017 11:48 pm
I will look for quick start rules.. having no luck so far. anyone else know where they might find some?
Jan 15, 2017 12:01 am
The closest I can think of is the Traveller SRD, but it looks like that is first edition Mongoose.

Don't know if second edition has one.
Jan 15, 2017 12:03 am
well, first edition mongoose is good enough, I suppose. at least enough to get a general feel for things and what the game is about
Jan 15, 2017 12:32 am
DriveThruRPG has the free download.
Jan 15, 2017 1:18 am
here it is

might be the 1st edition rules, but shouldn't lead to too much confusion
Jan 15, 2017 1:33 am
Im playing the Dredd game and I think thats based off of Travellers?? Idk lol. Im down for good plot ideas though :)
Jan 15, 2017 1:34 am
from what I'm seeing, we really can't discuss plot until after character creation is done. it looks pretty involved, and random... and there are lots of random charts to throw together missions and such on the fly
Jan 15, 2017 3:11 am
Yeah. I picked the new version up this afternoon. Nice stuff. And yes, there is a TON of rolling for generating. It also REALLY limits the chances of having characters too similar to one another. I'm excited. :D
Jan 15, 2017 3:14 am
OK, once the family is in bed tonight I'm going to create the game and start studying charts. The slow pace of pbp might be helpful for learning this game
Jan 16, 2017 1:37 am
What the hell, I'm in, though from your description Darth, you have first edition, with the black cover. Second edition is thits one

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/traveller-1.html

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HOYB2Aw.jpg[/IMG]

I
Either way, I have both.
Last edited January 16, 2017 1:43 am
Jan 16, 2017 2:20 am
Nope, that is the one I have
Jan 17, 2017 5:11 am
I've applied, but over the next two weeks I have a ton of business travel so if that will throw a wrench in things, pick someone else and I'll wait for szemely's game. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.