Trudvang

Jan 20, 2017 2:06 am
Anyone heard about Trudvang, the Swedish RPG currently being translated for English release? I have a contact with one of the campaign writers and may get access to play test soon.
Jan 20, 2017 2:32 am
I was going to play it online with a friend who backed the Kickstarter. They got access to early, draft versions of the game. It looks pretty cool, definitely gritty. The online game fell apart, though, for reasons.
Jan 20, 2017 3:13 am
Nope. The only thing only vaguely related I've heard was MYFAROG, and I'm highly interested... And yes, I'm aware it's author is a very controversial person...
Jan 20, 2017 8:34 am
kalajel says:
Nope. The only thing only vaguely related I've heard was MYFAROG, and I'm highly interested... And yes, I'm aware it's author is a very controversial person...
Interesting way to put it. For anyone who aren't familiar with the author of Myfarog; He is a convicted murderer and arsonist. He is a self proclamed nazi and according to this review of the game the setting is thoroughly warped by his white supremacist agenda. His view on the past, and his revisionist fantasy setting, is in no way representative of the Vikings themselves, Scandinavian culture (current or past) or old Norse religion.

DO NOT SUPPORT THAT GUY!

Sorry if I come off a bit confronting. I know the rest of the world doesn't have any idea of who that guy is, but for Scandinavians, it's basically like promoting a game by Charles Manson.

//End Rant

That being said. Trudvang looks promising.
Jan 20, 2017 11:26 pm
That's awesome! I mean terrible, oh yes, but still awesome. How many RPGs are written by psycho wack-jobs? Other than D&D 4e. Oh! I went there. /editionwars
Jan 21, 2017 12:43 am
azira says:
He is a self proclamed nazi and according to this review of the game the setting is thoroughly warped by his white supremacist agenda.
Yeah, I see where this ideology is seeping into his game, but I'm also seeing where the author of this review is attacking Varg (as deserving of criticism as he is) rather than the game itself... Honestly, what turned me off MYFAROG in this review was Varg's horrible english...

Honestly, the white supremacy I could take out of the game just like I could take out the obligatory social justice bullshit crammed into every Apocalypse World hack game. But with that awful writing? No thank you...

Still, looks like I just saved myself some money, so there's that, I guess...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.