It's about that time.... Exalted 3E

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 21, 2017 2:05 am
I've been wanting to hold off, but I'm not sure I can anymore. I'd like to try and give Exalted 3E a shot. Planning on starting slow so people can get the mechanics and what not, but I'm happy to have newbies and veterans alike.

For those who aren't familiar with the system and setting, Exalted was White Wolf's (and now Onyx Path's) anime inspired high fantasy setting. It's very similar in a lot of ways to the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Mechanics-wise. It is basically a variant of their d10-based Storyteller system.

From the Onyx Path site:
Exalted is the tale of a forgotten mythic age, a time when spirits walked openly among men, the world was flat and floated atop a sea of chaos, and the restless dead roamed on moonless nights. Heroes granted power by the mightiest gods war and intrigue against one another for the fate of the Realm. These are the Exalted, and their one-time rulers, the mighty Solar Exalted, have recently returned to reclaim the world from those that betrayed them. The Solars can slay gods with immortal blades, balance on a drifting feather, master all-powerful sorcery, walk unburnt across endless deserts, and outwit the demon princes of Hell.

FYI: This will be a Solars only campaign. I'm not quite confident enough with the system to convert other splats to 3E.
Jan 21, 2017 2:28 am
Ohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohmanohman :O
Jan 21, 2017 2:47 am
This setting is insane. Thinknof all the crazy ass anime's like ninja scroll and multiply it by 20. I played in a game with a character that was able to hop from bullet to bullet of a mass of troops on a roof to get to them. The rules literally say that if you can't take out 5 mooks in one actionnyou are underpowered
Jan 21, 2017 3:09 am
I'm really tempted by this. Downloaded the core book and it's almost 700 pages... It also looks really cool
Jan 21, 2017 3:30 am
Always wanted to check out Exalted, and I hear 3rd Ed has Amazing rules for social characrers
Jan 21, 2017 3:45 am
the world itself is kind of messed up too. it's commonplace for the hungry dead to rise at night, so locations where grizzly murders have taken place are commonly surrounded by salt rings to keep them from passing.. and this is normal.
Jan 21, 2017 5:59 am
Man oh man. I am a busy guy and had to downsize recently, but I love Exalted 3e enough that I am willing to go the extra mile to play this. I've even still got a character invented that I never got to actually use. If anything else, I am in!
Jan 21, 2017 8:16 am
Nabbicus says:
Always wanted to check out Exalted, and I hear 3rd Ed has Amazing rules for social characrers
I can vouch for this. The social rules were really neat, in my opinion. Way more interesting than just "Roll persuasion." Also got to hand it to their crafting rules for being preeetty great. The biggest thing that 3e brings is that the non-combat charms are just as interesting as the combat charms, if not more so, where that wasn't always the case before. Lore Charms can allow you to create land at the edges of the world (as Exalted's world, Creation, is flat), as well as create life that inhabits that land, just as an example.

An example of a low-level charm is the ability to parry anything with a weapon, explosions included.
Jan 21, 2017 8:55 am
I'm a huge fan of the social influence system and the new combat system. The way they did sorcery is awesome too. Haven't played with the crafting much but you basically can create anything you can think of. I'm happy to see so much interest. Ill put the game up this weekend at some point!
Jan 21, 2017 10:18 am
....or right now! Invites sent

You do not have permission to post in this thread.