Strange Trinkets

Apr 13, 2015 2:41 pm
Something inspired by 5e that I like in principle (but in 5e doesn't really achieve anything except the occasional laugh at character creation), is that each character has a random, odd trinket that they have. In 5e the trinkets don't end up returning to the story, I think it's because the trinkets aren't intrinsically interesting.

So, I'd like to toss Strange Trinkets on you folks as well. Here's a table of them - roll 1d20 (post your roll here) and add the indicated item to your character sheet. Think about how your character got it, and why they keep it (if it's a strange thing that would be odd to keep). No duplication, so once an Item is taken, I'm going to remove it from the list and replace that number with "reroll"

1. A silver ring with the name "Aleena" engraved inside. Stabilizes a wounded or dying person once per week.
2. A wooden bear toy that screams loudly when in the immediate presence of fire.
3. Reroll.
4. A lucky rabbit's foot with a "Made in Caerbannog" label. +1 AC versus diminutive creatures.
5. One sock riddled with holes that attracts vermin when worn.
6. A comb that randomly changes the hair color of anyone using it once per day.
7. A small obsidian rooster that crows loudly at dawn. Only heard by the current owner.
8. A picture amulet showing an opalescent blue altar. Provides lightning resistance 1/day while underground.
9. A small demon idol with red crystal eyes that glow when in the presence of reptiles.
10. An ugly perfume box that releases monster pheromones once per week.
11. Reroll.
12. A dull spoon engraved with the name Heartseeker. Critical on hit, 1d2 damage.
13. A pair of obnoxious dragon tooth cufflinks. Wearer compelled to act haughty in public.
14. A crystal cube with light trapped inside. Squeeze to fully illuminate a room for 1 round a day.
15. A rusty old fisherman's hook that becomes a grappling hook when near water.
16. An antique wooden box engraved with a forest scene. Fills with chocolate treats once a week.
17. A strange mechanical eyestalk. If peered through you see twice as far but speak in a staccato delivery with rising inflection for 1 hour.
18. Reroll.
19. Reroll.
20. Reroll.

Elandra Glen:
A tiny adamantine box of curiously strong mints. Refills every week.

Dimal:
A blanket that makes you invisible but only when you are snoring.

(Keleth):
A blank coin that progressively weighs more and more in the vicinity of gold.

(foolsmask):
A fancy bottle filled with a scentless liquid. When worn as perfume you are able to discern when others wearing it are being truthful or honest (and when they are not). Refills every week.

(Cyberlstari):
A crumpled piece of parchment with an inked grid. Can be written on and then erased if crumpled again. 1974 charges remain.
Apr 13, 2015 2:54 pm
Cool idea!

Rolls

Strange Trinket - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Apr 13, 2015 3:56 pm
This is pretty sweet.

Rolls

Trinket - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Apr 13, 2015 8:35 pm
Round and round it goes...

Rolls

Trinket - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Apr 13, 2015 10:41 pm
Candi says:

11. A blank coin that progressively weighs more and more in the vicinity of gold.
@Keleth, you better start wearing a belt with this thing in your pocket. :-)
Apr 14, 2015 1:24 am
As long as it doesn't make his pants fall down.
Apr 14, 2015 1:28 am
Test

Edit: COOOL
Last edited April 14, 2015 1:28 am
Apr 14, 2015 3:06 am
I'm tempted to make my character based on this trinket...
Apr 14, 2015 3:41 am
@Elandra Glen that is a sweet profile pic!

Figured I'd give it a try as well.
Last edited April 17, 2015 4:08 pm
Apr 19, 2015 3:03 am
Here we go...

Rolls

trinket roll - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Apr 20, 2015 6:17 am
Lessee here...

Rolls

Strange Trinket - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Apr 20, 2015 11:02 pm
Iiiiiinteresting. ;)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.