Starting a headspace game soon, anyone interested?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 5, 2017 10:44 am
I've been wanting to play headspace with one of my homegroups for a while, but with everything else I've been running I haven't had the chance.

Headspace is a cool Cyberpunk game where you all play a team of super-competent agents who stick it to the corporations. You have augmented your abilities by using some illegal technology known as head-space, integrating you minds together over some futuristic wifi. This allows you to gain access to your comrades skills, but at the cost of also tapping into their emotional issues.

Headspace is a kind of Apocalypse World hack, but it departs quite rapidly from the core rules. With a cool focus on the emotional state of the team over the physical state. The default setting is dystopian future Vancouver, but the book also has a setting in the middle-east, and I'm also considering two home-brew settings; New-roaring-20's New York and the Melbourne Arcology.

Let me know here if your interested and if you are which settings you think would be fun! If/when it has enough support I'll actually put the game up!
Feb 27, 2017 6:27 am
Ok I'm interested but lack the fundamental rules for the game. I've heard it played before on two separate occasions so I'm optimistic. I recall hearing the quick start was free but not where to get it or if it still is
Last edited February 27, 2017 6:28 am
Feb 27, 2017 6:44 am
I am pretty open but perhaps New York, what do you mean by new roaring twenties, massive wealth disparities or opulence
Last edited February 27, 2017 6:44 am
Feb 27, 2017 8:45 am
Massive wealth disceprency is a given in cyberpunk, but I do want to play on the opulence of the upper classes that is prevalent in that time. I also would want to include some cosmetic features of the 20s. Future tech but everything cosmetically looks 20s ish. (Kind of like crystal spires and togas scifi but with the 20s). That game would also feature more noir themes them the others would.
Feb 27, 2017 8:48 am
Sweet everything I could have hoped for
Feb 27, 2017 11:18 am
Great, let's see if there are some more interested players. I don't think this system runs particularly well as a party of one. Though if your still keen and know one else bites we can give it a go...)
Feb 27, 2017 11:25 am
I am completely cool with a one player game but interplay for skills would be bland
Feb 27, 2017 11:58 am
I was considering you play multiple agents, but that still seems a bit flat... Even though there are no secrets OOC, not having other people to bounce of really does flatten the experience.
Feb 27, 2017 1:03 pm
I'm not familiar with the system, but I can learn it if need be. Art deco cyberpunk sounds awesome.
Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm
The system is super easy to pick up. Technically it's PbtA, but the engines been reworked a bit. Have a look at the QuickStart rules I linked above.
Feb 27, 2017 1:18 pm
It's great for rp. Has character sheets which basically hold your hand through character creation and have enough options and room for customization that it stays interesting.

And there is built in intra-party bonds for the group. This is actually really good for groups of 3 to 6 and it scales difficulty on a mechanical level for smaller parties instead of relying on meticulous gm management of encounters.

It also is capable of campaigns but is really well suited for universe expanding one shots or short arcs where same players play different groups in the same shared history.
Last edited February 27, 2017 1:24 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.