Defaulting to posting as character?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 15, 2015 11:37 am
I think the way you can chose to post as Real You or your character is super-cool, and really helps me remember who's playing which character (and the profile pics help me remember which character is which). But it seems like some posters don't always remember to select their character, and I've found myself that using the drop-down menu on a mobile device is a little tricky.

I'm trying to think of a way to encourage/streamline posting as a character, and wonder if the DM could flag certain threads as "role-play" threads where posting form defaults to the user's character instead of their regular account? The other (OCC/discussion) threads can remain as they are now. Not sure if people can have two characters in one game though so that might not work so well in that case.

I think you already added the drop-down to the non-advanced posting form which is cool.

Alternatively maybe tweak the UI so instead of the drop-down menu there's a smoother way to select who to post as?

This is more of a brainstorm than a specific feature request, I just think it would be cool to encourage posting as characters in the actual roleplaying threads.
Apr 15, 2015 12:07 pm
The main reason I didn't default to character is because as you mentioned, you can have multiple characters in a game. With the redesign coming later this year, the site will be made more user friendly for mobile, so you can at least be sure that'll be better at that point.

However, at this point, I'm open to suggestion. The RP flag is a neat idea.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.