Edge of the Empire Starter Set for beginners

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 23, 2017 5:24 pm
Hello everyone! @Godric was interested in trying out Fantasy Flight Games's Star Wars: Edge of the Empire system. I have volunteered to run the starter set and walk him through character creation. If anyone out there is interested in learning this system, shout out here. The game may run a bit slow for experienced players, so newbies are strongly encouraged.

This will be the Starter Set only. No commitment to a campaign. Shout out if you're interested!
Feb 23, 2017 5:57 pm
When might this get started? I don't have the EotE set but I'd be interested in learning and I could probably get it within the next few days.
Feb 23, 2017 8:48 pm
You don't need it if you don't want it. The starter set does not include character creation information. It comes with Starter Characters that I will be happy to provide. Consider this a "try before you buy" experience. All you need to bring is a love of Star Wars and a willingness to learn a new system.

That being said, I will spend time going through the character creation process for those who want to learn. For that, you will need the Edge of the Empire core rule book, NOT THE STARTER SET!
Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm
OK well I'd like to get in on this then!
Feb 24, 2017 4:48 pm
I'm not new to the system but would love to play in an FFG SW game instead of run them.

If you end up not finding enough noobs (which I can't imagine will happen), I'd like to put my name in for a back up.
Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm
We only have two players right now. I was going to give it a couple days to see if anyone is interested. Regardless, I'd be happy to have you!
Feb 24, 2017 5:28 pm
I do want to give new players the first slots, as there seems to be a ton of ppl out there who want to play, and very few who will run it. So you'd be doing the GP (and rpg) community a great service in introducing more ppl to this fantastic system. And I've been playing it for 2-3 yrs now so...

Plus I just saw where SelectiveAmmesia is considering running a fantasy hack of the system, and I've asked to get in on that as well. So I may have a back up.
Last edited February 24, 2017 5:29 pm
Feb 25, 2017 12:17 am
This mean you're back in action, Tuk?
Last edited February 25, 2017 12:17 am
Feb 25, 2017 2:59 am
falryx says:
This mean you're back in action, Tuk?
Lol, more or less, yeah. My face to face group kind of dissolved. So long as folks are ok with me not posting a lot during the day, I am up to game. Heck, I'm pining for RPG time! I just need to be careful not to over commit, which is what got me in trouble last time. When I dropped off the grid, I think I was a player in 6 games and GMing 3...too much for me to handle.

If your FFG games need a little chaos, I'd be happy to revisit Urik and/or Lin, so long as you are cool with me only posting once or twice a day. Just let me know if your games are in a place where it would be good for me to jump back in.
Feb 25, 2017 10:01 pm
Once or twice a day is perfectly reasonable. If you'd like to consider swinging back in one of those games, feel free to pick a preference and go from there. I can make either work! and if you'd like to sit back for awhile, I won't be put out or anything. I totally get managing your time and investment.

That said, I can imagine quite a lot of bickering twixt Lin and Xenia when the time comes. :)
Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm
Lol love eote and im sure your game will be fun. I would like others to try but if you need extra let me know im always willing to play.
Feb 27, 2017 5:25 am
I have never played but it is my preferred live play podcast choice. If there is still an opening I'd love to join
Feb 27, 2017 2:22 pm
WaRrantedAns says:
I have never played but it is my preferred live play podcast choice. If there is still an opening I'd love to join
There is absolutely a spot open. I'll send an invite!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.