Newbiest of the Noobs

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 24, 2017 9:25 pm
Hello all. I'm incredibly new to tabletop RPGs, played once or twice a few years ago, but never really understood what I was doing. I am very interested in getting into playing, this seemed like a good stepping stone as I do not know many people around me that play. I've been reading through the D & D 5e PHB, watching twitch streams and lurking on here. I think I'm starting to grasp things, but definitely still have some learning to do. Excited to get more into the tRPG experience. Love to hear any advice or resources you have for me.
Feb 24, 2017 10:51 pm
Welcome! Listening to actual plays is a fun way to learn, and so is this site.
Feb 24, 2017 11:06 pm
Welcome JBink21! We've had a number of gamers here with little to no experience, so you find yourself in good company. PbP is nice because it gives you the time to learn and take actions without holding others up with that awkward, "I hope I'm not wasting others' time" feeling. I hope you find your way into the wonderful world of TTRPGs here!
Feb 24, 2017 11:37 pm
Welcome! Happy gaming! :-)
Feb 25, 2017 12:12 am
Welcome JBink21! It takes a certain kind of rare wisdom to actively search for advice. I trust that you will find the community here not only accepting, but excited that you have joined us. We were all there once, and love sharing this brilliant hobby with anyone who accidentally makes eye contact seeks us out.
Feb 25, 2017 2:23 am
Welcome! You are among good company, from my experience.
Feb 25, 2017 3:19 am
Welcome! We've all been there at some point, and I'm sure you'll find many people willing to help you out.
Jun 26, 2017 3:50 pm
Hello and welcome.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.