Houserules

Apr 28, 2015 8:19 am
HOUSERULES
Talent Dodge: Dodging can be announced after the attack. This makes the talent more powerful but it is the only way to make it work in PbP with some smoothness
Buying custom items: You can ask to buy items not in the book, just ask me. They should fi the setting and availability in the place.
Buying "company": The type of company (race/gender/appearance) and attention is all up to your taste and preferences. You have all the camp fire bragging rights to tell a good story later. As our game threads are public, some innuendo and hinting is ok but please don't get explicit.
"Company" can but explicitly does not have to be sexual in nature. Paying a maiden to scrub you back or massage your feet or just for listening ia absolutely valid.

The starting price of 5SP gets you the typical older, worn looking hooker and more or less a hop on hop off job.
The more you invest the younger, more beautiful the company gets and the more special the service can get. For 1 GP it is at least a young attractive maiden and a whole night.
Defense Rolls: If applicable the attacker rolls the defense of the opponent, too. With the diceroller there is no chance of fudging and it helps to streamline combat and to reduce waiting for the GM to answer.
Optional rules: I'll apply slaying dice as per the book from now on. That is a nice two edged sword.
I don't really like the mechanics of slayer points as they give a one sided advantage or give me a lot of bookkeeping if I do it for monsters, too. So they won't be allowed.
Magic armor boni: The bonus on magical armor only negates the mali of the armor itself. There is no conceivable reason why the magic of the armor should effect the initiative bonus of a weapon etc.
Example:
The bonus of an armor/helmet negates the initiative or movement malus as a measure of it being 'magically' light and comfortable to wear. A full metal helmet limits the view of the wearer. The magic of the item will negate that by giving a magic head up display or the helmet has a transparent visor etc.
No wizard has come up with a way to extend the magic of an armor to a random second item e.g. a really heavy war hammer. The hammer stays as heavy as it is as implemented by its INI malus.
Only exception might be weapon/armor sets. (Crafted by the same wizard specially to work together)
Mapping is player responsibility. Don't blame the GM if you get lost. I'll describe the rooms in technical terms as precise as possible to make mapping easier but I usually won't do it twice :-) Navigation is up to you. Navigation and orientation rolls are usually for larger scale travel and need a way to determine directions (Sun, stars, large landmarks in the distance, moss on north side of trees etc.) wich usually don't work in dungeons.
Story trumps rules! If it is nessessary for the story I will bens rules both in favor and against the characters. I'll try to keep that to a minimum. If I need something to happen in spite of the rules it will happen. But if the players have a ingenious idea not or badly covered by the rules we'll find a way.
Yes, but... This is more of a GM guideline as a houserule but I think a very good GM practice. I will try to allow any action the player really wants the character to take. You may attemt any crazy thing you can imagine. I will do my best never to say "No" to you. On the other hand all your actions will have appropriate consequences and associated rolls may have significant modifiers. I may but not always will give a warning for stupid/suicidal actions in the form of "Are you sure?" or similar. If the player insists I won't stop him of dooming his character...
I might not be always consequent on that as I am still a pretty new GM but I will try.
Pets, rides and pack animals are treated as NPCs. They are friendly and will follow commands according to their intelligence and nature and according to their relationship and past experience with the characters. They are not extensions of the player character although I will allow the characters to describe their actions within reason. But the animals have their own characters and might decide not to follow the player's wishes at all times.
May 29, 2015 7:56 am
CUSTOM ITEMS
Any D&D Basic/Expert Items and spells will be allowed. The conversion has to be approved by the GM. As we are going to play a D&D Module especially some of the spells might be helpful.
Weapons:
Dwarven Warhammer (2h) WB+3, Initiative -2, Opponent's Defense -1; Avail: D, Price: 40gp

Thread locked