Lost Mine of Phandelver using DCC

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 6, 2017 6:05 pm
I had to close my Dungeon Crawl Classics game due to player turnover :(

I really like the system though, and was thinking of starting a game using the Lost Mine of Phandelver adventure from the 5e starter set. This would be using the DCC rules rather than 5e. The remaining players in my old DCC game would have priority over anyone else for a spot.

Newbies to the system are welcome! Experience with LMoP does NOT mean that you can't get in, as I'll likely tweak the adventure anyway :)

Link to the product is here, but you don't absolutely need it.
Mar 6, 2017 7:38 pm
You know I'm in. :-)
Mar 6, 2017 7:41 pm
szemely says:
You know I'm in. :-)
I was counting on it :)
Mar 6, 2017 8:10 pm
I mean, if I have to.
Mar 7, 2017 3:02 am
Got spots for two more!
Mar 7, 2017 3:33 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Must. Resist.
Come to the dark side!
Mar 7, 2017 3:47 am
Naatkinson says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Must. Resist.
Come to the dark side!
We have cookies!!
Mar 7, 2017 4:55 am
I've never played DCC before and don't know much about it. Would it be new player friendly?
Mar 7, 2017 5:25 am
Hey, I applied but feel free to give my spot to Jabes or Apollos.
Mar 7, 2017 11:05 am
Apollos713 says:
I've never played DCC before and don't know much about it. Would it be new player friendly?
Its pretty easy to learn. If you'd like, I can get you the book, and I'm posting guides to the most commonly referenced materials. Really, though, if you've played D&D, then this won't be hard for you.
Mar 7, 2017 12:53 pm
I got a spot for you, Jabes, if you want to jump in :)
Mar 8, 2017 1:14 am
Got one more spot. Anyone want it?
[ +- ]
Mar 8, 2017 4:25 am
https://peoplehouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Untitled-1.jpg

OK, I surrender LOL!

I'm currently in two LMoP games (one is an evil campaign) so I do hope you intend to tweak the heck out of this, Nate. Another reason for my reluctance was having to learn a new system (always fun, but a huge time-suck). And then I looked at the DCC pdf and fell in love. Didn't even read yet, just saw the art and the retro layout, and had a geekgasm!
Mar 8, 2017 4:29 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
https://peoplehouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Untitled-1.jpg

OK, I surrender LOL!

I'm currently in two LMoP games (one is an evil campaign) so I do hope you intend to tweak the heck out of this, Nate. Another reason for my reluctance was having to learn a new system (always fun, but a huge time-suck). And then I looked at the DCC pdf and fell in love. Didn't even read yet, just saw the art and the retro layout, and had a geekgasm!
The art is amazing! The game is really simple to learn, especially if you're familiar with D&D!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.