First time player, looking to learn DND

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 11, 2017 12:18 pm
Hi everyone, ive never actually played dnd before either tabletop or on the net. Im hoping someone can organise a game thats going to be patient for me while i get the hang of it.

My only sense of the game is the adventure zone podcast which i obsessively binged in the last 2 weeks at work so i do get the general jist of the game... just lol
Mar 11, 2017 2:34 pm
Hello BenChang. It's great that you are reaching out. I would be happy to run a game of D&D in the style of an introduction to new players. That would look a lot like a regular game of D&D, but with more explanations.

Do you have any style of adventure you are interested in? You don't need to answer that, just hoping to give you an opening if you were super keen on something in particular.
Mar 11, 2017 9:28 pm
Hey mate, thankyou for the offer i would love that, as far as types of adventure im really not too sure, the only character i have is a wood elf so maybe something vaguely to do with that.

I am more than happy to take you up on your offer, Thanks again
Mar 11, 2017 9:47 pm
Cool, I'll set up a game and send you an invite. Well need a few more to join.

Any other players looking to learn D&D 5e our Gamers Plane gaming in general? The adventure will be relatively short, but in PBP terms that might mean a month or two, heh.
Mar 11, 2017 10:21 pm
Normally I'd always say yes to getting as much experience as I can, but I need to game active games down to a low whilst I finish up school. Godspeed though!
Mar 11, 2017 11:51 pm
Game is up, BenChang has been invited. Here is a link.
Mar 12, 2017 3:28 am
If you need to fill out I should be able to join, and can help new players out, but don't want to take a slot from someone who needs it.
Mar 12, 2017 4:04 am
Qralloq, you have my respect for stepping up for this. Very cool!
Mar 12, 2017 4:04 am
Thanks Genisisect. Give it a few days to give them a chance to join? Otherwise, consider yourself dibbed.
Mar 12, 2017 3:22 pm
Looks like we have three players so far. Room for two more.
Mar 13, 2017 6:16 pm
Hey I'd be interested in joining a game
Mar 13, 2017 6:34 pm
And that's five! Let's get those characters made and get to trashing.... The Tomb of the Queen!
Mar 13, 2017 7:12 pm
So only stuff from the PHB right? No UA stuff? Also what level are we starting?
Last edited March 13, 2017 7:13 pm
Mar 14, 2017 12:39 am
Ive got a question, whats the best way of keeping track of your characters stats? Do you do it oldschool with paper and pencil or do you use an app?
Mar 14, 2017 12:45 am
GamersPlane has a character sheet app built into it.
Mar 14, 2017 11:27 am
Oh okay, so does it sorta update your character sheet automaticly or does it let you manually do it yourself?
Mar 14, 2017 11:30 am
BenChang says:
Oh okay, so does it sorta update your character sheet automaticly or does it let you manually do it yourself?
You have to do it yourself, here's a guide I wrote up for newbies to GP :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.