Game Idea: Adventure Inc.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 30, 2015 9:28 am
I just had a game idea and would like to gather some opinions. Maybe I'll start a game based on the replies:

I'd love to start a totally bonkers cliché gonzo sandbox based on random generation and any crazy idea we can collectively come up with. Maybe with a separate idea thread discussing what to hit the players next with.
I think this might be hillarious with the forum in connection with random generation come up with new crazy stuff for the players to stumble in.

This might need a considerable amount of separation of player/charakter knowledge and a good portion of player masochism :-)
They should be prepared to die in very novel and interesting ways. The players should also be ready to bear the occasional logical gap or jump to make it fun. :-)

I'd astablish Adventurere Inc. as a fix starting point, locaded in some major city.
New characters get employed there and sent off on missions. All else may be generated as we go.

And I wouldn't exclude any trope, cliché or genre as long as it is funny. This will be heavy genre mix based on fantasy. In style I'd for the following sources as inspiration:
Dave Arneson: Blackmoor (the burried spaceship in fantasy land, remember?)
Terry Pratchett: Discworld
Douglas Adams: The Hitchhiker's guide
Dr Who
and similar.

I'd run it in the DungeonSlayers system because I'm most familiar with that and it is both easy and highly flexible.

Also it allows to send in a new character withing 15 minutes if you are a little familiar with character generation.
I'd also very much like to generate the player characters completely at random if the players are ok with that. Or at least give them random character quirks instead of a backstory.

Are there people willing to contribute crazyness and players willing to dive head first in the created mess?
What do you think?
Last edited April 30, 2015 9:31 am
Apr 30, 2015 11:23 am
On further thought about available sources I might consider running this as basic D&D...
Apr 30, 2015 6:50 pm
You could always design a simple system or borrow a core and such to do something like this. Not really sure honestly tho. Depends on how you want the game to feel when played
Apr 30, 2015 10:24 pm
chocokiko says:
I'd love to start a totally bonkers cliché gonzo sandbox based on random generation and any crazy idea we can collectively come up with.
Hmm, you might want to check out Dungeon Plungin' then...
May 1, 2015 7:11 am
Maybe I was a little unclear. I have a choice of two systems to play but I'd like crazy adventure and plot ideas. And input on how and if you'd like to play such a game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.