I don't seem to be able to post as a character

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 30, 2015 4:00 pm
Maybe I did something wrong when creating my game thread...

I don't seem able to post as a character on "Runes of Oblivion". I tested with my GFs account, too who is not GM. It works in the threats of the Fate game I'm in. Or is this because it is a custom game?
Apr 30, 2015 4:13 pm
It should work in any game, as long as you have a character with a name attached to your game. I'll take a look at the problem. I don't see any game called "Runes of Oblivion". Does it have a different name?
Apr 30, 2015 4:42 pm
The game forum is called "Dungeoncrawl with Dungeonslayers" The game thread is called "The Runes of Oblivion [Game Thread]".
Both me and my GF have characters attatched and approved in the game.
Apr 30, 2015 5:24 pm
I found the problem; I never added a names section to Custom characters (they were the first created, and well before I added the "Post as" functionality). If you go back to your character sheets and add a name, they'll appear under "Post as".
Apr 30, 2015 6:30 pm
Thanks, it works now.

Another Question: How do I add NPCs to a game or use them in a post? I think as a GM you should be able to use NPCs without having to raise the character limit per player...
Apr 30, 2015 6:34 pm
As a GM, the character limit shouldn't apply to you; if you aren't able to add a character, that's a bug that I'll fix.

Another GM also brought up this issue, and I'm looking into the ability to add NPCs inline (sometimes you don't need a whole character sheet, just a name/avatar/notes).
Apr 30, 2015 6:37 pm
As a workaround I raised the character limit for now.
Apr 30, 2015 7:08 pm
Ok, so I'm guessing you weren't able to add more chars than the limit as a GM? Then yah, its a bug I'll fix.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.