Microscope PbP?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 13, 2017 11:32 pm
Has anyone tried it? I'd be interested in giving it a try - never have played Microscope before.
Mar 14, 2017 1:54 am
I have this, tried to get a game going IRL, that failed because half the troupe wanted to play something where they could trash bozos. How will do you think it would work in PBP? 'Spose that the worrying stuff down on cards part is a gimme.

(FYI: it was the female half of the troupe that wanted blood, and the male half that wanted to story game. Just to invert expectations, heh.)
Last edited March 14, 2017 1:55 am
Mar 14, 2017 7:29 am
I tried it and it seemed to work well. The group werecoming up with some ideas that I would never have thought of on my own. We were ultimately stopped by me burning out(I'd joined so many games that my creativity was tapped out).
Mar 14, 2017 1:48 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
I tried it and it seemed to work well. The group werecoming up with some ideas that I would never have thought of on my own. We were ultimately stopped by me burning out(I'd joined so many games that my creativity was tapped out).
I thought it was because you'd status players and you only had one player stocking the forum threads... it was more fizzled due to inactivity.

That said I'm interested.
Mar 14, 2017 5:10 pm
Well, there were two of you who still seemed keen and if I had been on top of things it could have kept going.

Constablebrew; I'm trying to remember any details which might be useful should you decide to start up. Probably setting the rules out first and making sure they are stuck to would be most important. In this format, especially if players are really enthusiastic, it can be easy for people to jump the gun and then players who post less often might not get a chance. I think for Microscope in particular it's important for everyone to take their own turn (unless somebody takes too long, maybe set a cutoff for how many posts you require).
Mar 15, 2017 6:05 am
I've never actually played, but would definitely join a game if someone wanted to host it. Fluglichkeiten, I believe you are right, players will have to wait to take turns. That might have to be a risk for a game. Maybe expect a post within 3 days of your turn starting, and then any RP would be daily posts until that is completed.
Mar 15, 2017 1:34 pm
We technically stalled at world building which was odd since it was pretty interesting I thought.
May 5, 2017 10:22 pm
I am interested
May 6, 2017 12:04 am
TG2 and I where doing one a little while ago before it fizzled. Was pretty cool and I'd be up for another one. Edit: Actually Remanent was in that one too!
Last edited May 6, 2017 12:06 am
May 7, 2017 3:25 am
I am interested also. In fact I was just reading the guide book last week thinking to my self how would this be visualized? I was thinking Prezi would be a good visualizer. https://prezi.com/ Problem is that Prezi needs a paid account.

You could do the big stuff on Prezi then all the RP could be in the GP forums.

Just a thought...
Last edited May 7, 2017 3:26 am
May 8, 2017 10:33 pm
I was in the recent Microscope game with That_Guy Canso and Remanent but like its been said it sadly went away. Seems like a great way to do a session zero for many games. Or just an interesting way to come up with locations.
May 9, 2017 2:09 pm
I was actually looking at running this at some point using Stormboard (https://stormboard.com/) + a forum but never got around to figuring the details.
May 9, 2017 3:39 pm
So it sounds like some of you got it to work in pbp format. How was it set up?

How does stormboard work?
May 9, 2017 3:45 pm
We just had a turn order for people to go through and add their bits. There were posts were the person in charge was summarizing things like the palette and history in an edited post. The stormboard thing looks snazzy and all, but doesn't seem like it would be necessary.
Sep 1, 2017 11:52 am
I just played last night. Super fun.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.