Notification for PMs and Game applicatiins

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 6, 2015 1:11 pm
So I recently started running a game on here, Formerly Familiar. In the process of getting the game up and running I've noticed some changes I think could help improve the site.

We can subscribe to email notification for the forums, but there aren't any notifications for Private Messages. Also when players applied to my game or submitted characters, it would have been nice to be notified.

I just had a message sit for more than half a day because I didn't notice the message icon at the top had a 1 instead of a 0. I have no idea how long players waited to be approved or have their character approved.

Its not a big deal but it would have been nice to get notified in my email. Although perhaps some users would prefer to choose whether or not to receive such notifications.
May 6, 2015 2:31 pm
That's a good point. I can expand the email notification options in the profile to allow people to pick to receive or not. I also added the notifications item to the home page, but I realized due to the way I implemented it, it ONLY shows on the homepage. I'm gonna set that up to show on EVERY page, so things are more notable at least.
May 11, 2015 10:18 pm
I too would like to see this feature get added. I recently set up a new game and got three applications and a PM and didn't realize it for a couple of days until I remembered to go back and check. It would have been nice to have received some sort of notification.
May 11, 2015 11:22 pm
I'm working on this code as we speak!
May 12, 2015 4:00 am
This is setup. There are new options in your UCP to shut them off, but you'll (hopefully) get emails when you receive a PM or someone applies to a game you GM or adds a char to a game you GM. I'll leave it running to night, and announce it tomorrow. Hopefully no big bugs appear overnight.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.