Last post link in thread lists

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 7, 2015 2:33 am
So one feature that's been requested a few times has been the ability to jump to the last post of a thread from a forum or search page. I'm trying to think of the best way to do it, and I kinda think a small image (like the unread post image) is best.

Anyone have thoughts on what image works best? Or a new image for unread post?
May 7, 2015 2:54 am
Don't the threads already jump to the last read post?
i think the best way would be a "jump to last post" hyperlink type deal would be fine. and another that says "back to top" so you can get from the bottom of the page tot he toolbar with a click. :)

ok, so it only jumps to last read post of a thread from the latest posts bit on the home page.. which is silly
Last edited May 7, 2015 2:56 am
May 7, 2015 3:17 am
I agree with ExperienceLtd. Nothing fancy, just a way to look at all of your threads and then get to the last post in each one with a click.
May 7, 2015 3:18 am
It shows the latest unread post from the home page. From the forums and search pages, it makes sense for the thread title to load to the start, but people have requested that same functionality there.
May 7, 2015 3:48 am
Alright, I made a light version of the last unread icon and attached it to the end of a thread title. I was debating putting it in front, but I kinda feel like it's more appropriate at the end. What do you think?
May 7, 2015 6:41 pm
I don't see the thing you claim to have made.....
May 7, 2015 6:46 pm
You should see a light grey with red border icon similar to the New Post icon to the right of any thread link on the forums.
May 7, 2015 6:53 pm
...shouldn't that also be in the thread itself like, at the top of it? jw
May 7, 2015 6:54 pm
also, maybe put a down arrow next to it, right now it just looks like a page which has no context really
May 7, 2015 7:10 pm
Ah, a jump to last post link in the thread, that's a good idea; I can do that. And yah, the point of this thread was to get ideas of what the icon should be. A down arrow works. I went with a variant of New Post, as it was a similar idea.
May 7, 2015 7:16 pm
the arrow helps to make it easier to know what it means at a glance, i think. but definitely having a thing in threads to jump to last post, and to jump to top of page make navigation easier i think :)
May 7, 2015 9:12 pm
I'm wondering if on the forum/search views, the last post icon should show up regardless of the new post icon. Would that be used?
May 7, 2015 9:44 pm
yes, they should both show up i think
May 7, 2015 10:19 pm
I like the jump to last post feature, its a great addition to the forum lists. I can't help but think that its location is cluttering up the interface a bit.

I think that the perfect place for the link is the Right Hand Side next to the poster and date.
May 7, 2015 11:51 pm
Oh Dunder, that's a great idea!
May 8, 2015 5:14 am
THAT looks much better, i like it! :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.