Shadowrun 4e on Bundle of Holding

May 11, 2015 6:04 pm
Bundle of holding has a great deal on Shadowrun 4e right now! Its worth getting, and a steal at this cost.

The deal
May 14, 2015 11:48 pm
I noticed this in their newsletter and bit, because I've always wanted to know a bit more about the game. After some skimming ... Wow, that system is complex. The setting is as vibrant and colorful as I've heard. But the ability to potentially build a dice pool of 20 dice... No thanks. I'd be willing to play it sometime, but to run it would take me house-ruling a lot of the mechanical complexity away.
May 14, 2015 11:58 pm
Actually, playing with all the d6s is one of my favorite parts. That feeling of rolling 12d6 and blowing someone away ... :D

Playing it through GP is easier, as it sums it up for you!
May 15, 2015 12:30 am
I don't know what there's more of: dice, rules, or tables. I think Shadowrun is the most mechanically complex game I've read to date. A dice roller helps, but 200+ pages of game rules is hard to process. ;)
May 15, 2015 1:34 am
I just started working through the 5E rules a bit last weekend. It does look like a lot of fun, but it is one of the more complex RPG rulesets I've read through so far.
May 15, 2015 1:55 am
RustInPieces says:
I don't know what there's more of: dice, rules, or tables. I think Shadowrun is the most mechanically complex game I've read to date. A dice roller helps, but 200+ pages of game rules is hard to process. ;)
You CLEARLY have never played Spycraft 2.0. Its a game I want to love, but I can't because of how ridiculous the system is. Shadowrun on the other hand is a pain the first time, and fine after that.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.