Link from Game Details page to its Forum.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 11, 2015 8:41 pm
Hi! First of let me say this site is awesome and I glad I found it! Kudos to the devs and the community!

I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before but I scanned the thread titles and didn't see it, so...

I think it would be helpful to have a link from a game's Details page to that game's forum. Just a thought :-)

Or is it already there and I'm missing it?

Thanks!
May 11, 2015 8:48 pm
When on the details page, a bottom red bar shows up and it has a link. That said, I've requested it before (and that's how I learned about the red bar!). This suggests that perhaps Keleth could find a more intuitive place for that link (even placing it redundantly on the top on the game details page, while keeping the red bar)?
May 11, 2015 8:58 pm
Aye, I was hoping the red color against the white page would make it stick out enough. I'll try to figure out something; hopefully in the redesign we come up with something more intuitive.
May 11, 2015 9:04 pm
I think the problem is that it's bottom-screen. Your eyes naturally go to the top left corner of your window first, and flow down. It's the last thing you notice, after *scrolling* to the bottom of the page (in a way, the bottom bar is "lower" than the bottom of the page because you don't intuitively notice it until the page stops moving).

If that bar was top-screen, it's sudden appearance would be noticeable and draw attention. You might also relabel the button to "game forum", as "forum" implies main forum. Or maybe put "GAME TITLE Links" (where GAME TITLE is replaced by the game title) in a slightly smaller text on the other side of that bar to let users know that those links are for that particular game. That would actually be helpful for those of us in multiple games to know which of those games our current "quickbar" is linking to.
May 11, 2015 9:09 pm
Good points Candi, I'll consider all of them.

I actually opted to put the bar at the bottom as most people who use mostly any operating system often think of top and bottom nav menus. Top typically are means of modifying/functioning within a program, and bottom are often navigation methods (Windows task bar, iOS programs dashboard, etc).
May 11, 2015 9:51 pm
My problem is that the bottom bar doesn't always appear, especially when using a mobile device. To get around, I have to click through the tree of links from the top (eg Forums >> {desired game} Or Games >> {desired game}).

I too would like to see some navigational links in an area of the page that's consistent.
May 11, 2015 9:55 pm
Yah, the fluctuation on mobile is something I'm aiming to tackle with the upcoming redesign. But you have a point. I used to have a right rail on the games page, but I didn't like how it looked. Maybe I can reintroduce it.
May 30, 2015 7:30 am
Oh I never noticed the red bar before. Thanks for pointing it out! :-) Not showing up on mobile though.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.