Life on the Mesa Verde

May 12, 2015 11:59 am
It's a bright, cloudless afternoon outside. Even though the breeze makes the weather seem comfortable the mountain air makes the actual 110° heat of the day dangerously deceptive.

The lunatics clubhouse is on a side street off of the business spur of old highway 50 not far from a small shopping area in a large Adobe structure that still has peeling paint advertising the livestock feed store and ranch supply it used to be long ago before the sixth age.

As you enter the darkness inside makes it hard to see who all is in here, but you can see Hank, the club president in the back corner near an old camping lantern. It's amber light shining on his beard making the dwarfs face seem like a monochromatic death mask. You can hear movement inside the clubhouse, and grumbling from the hangarounds and whatever club members are in attendance.

When he sees you, Hank slams his beer bottle on his table and barks at you

"Bout fraggin' time youse got here, siddown and talk to me."
May 12, 2015 3:15 pm
Gwynplaine walks in, silvery cybereyes flickering around the room as he takes in the scene inside the clubhouse, focusing at random until they settle on Hank. With a grin, the little man walks over to the table, plopping down casually into the chair opposite the Prez, and puts his cyberdeck down on the table in front of him. Without glancing down at the deck, he pulls a stylus out of an inner pocket of his leather trench coat and starts fiddling around with something as he talks to the dwarf. "Hey boss, what's the word?" As he talks, the stylus flicks around, occasionally stopping to make a twirl through the fingers of his left hand, channeling for the moment the bulk of the nervous, jittery energy that Gwynplaine seems to run on.

He's not wearing war paint right now, and just looks like a regular, unassuming little man in a black leather coat and jeans. The back of his head is covered in hardware, with leads trailing out and connecting to other places along his head and upper back. His face is locked into a perpetual grin.
May 12, 2015 4:06 pm
Durango pulled into a spot in front of the club, careful to leave plenty of space for the patched members to fit their rides in closer to the door. He pulled his big round goggles off of his eyes and placed them on his forehead, instantly missing the glare reduction in the bright mesa sun. Durango was a large Ork with green-grey skin. He wore light trousers and sneakers, with bare arms over which he wore his club vest with his prospect patch on the back.

He made his way inside in time to hear Hank's summons, it would seem Gwynplaine had arrived as well. He walked up to the table. "Hey Prez" Durango said in his calm deep voice as he sat at the table. "Gwyn'", Durango nodded to the decker sitting across from him.
May 12, 2015 4:10 pm
Gwynplaine turns slightly in his seat, waving to one of the seats around him. "'Rango, get comfy. Think the boss wants us for some shop talk."
May 14, 2015 9:15 am
Hank Leans back in his chair, and props his stout dwarven feet in engineer boots up on the table and grins at Gwynplaine before taking a long pull off his beer bottle

"you're damn right about that. now listen up, I'm sick as hell of sitting around here in the dark like a damn fool, plus, the battery for the fridge is about to quit working and the beers getting warm. I want you to find out what the hell's going on, and fix it, because we damn sure paid the electric bill."

he puts down his drink and leans forward, grinning at Durango and chuckles a bit, but theres no doubt in his dark eyes that he's dead serious.

"hey, and this isn't the trids, right prospect? and you ain't Neil the Barbarian. if you can manage to not rip anyones arms off on this little errand, that'd be just swell, now be a chummer and go grab a brew for me and one for 'ol Wires here"

while Durango goes and gets the drinks Hank leans in closer to Gwynplaine

"ive got a good idea this is those Eternity Merchants screwing with us, but let the prospect try and piece it together himself if it's not that hard to. I'd like to see if his head's good for anything but a blunt instrument before we vote on patching him in. it's been awhile now and we're about due to make a decision on if he's in or out. If it gets too tough though, pipe up and help him out though."

when Durango returns Hank waves you out

"you need any extra hands or eyes call up a few of the boys, Jimmy and Krevin aren't doing anything I believe, and that one other guy, ... shoot, cant remember his name."

"ah well, you know who I mean, now go on and take care of it"

he turns away and takes a drink, cursing loudly

"Fragg it all, warm as piss! fragging deckheads!!"
May 14, 2015 1:32 pm
(Got it working)

Krevin steps out of the dark corner at the mention of his name, ducking his head slightly to avoid the ceiling fan as he crosses the room.

"Where we rollin' Gwyn? It's been a good few days since I've had an opportunity to make an honest living."

He grins widely at his own joke, then sobers up and get's down to business with rapid-fire questions.

"What's the job? Who we after? Blood or no? Loud or quiet? We making a statement or just getting something done?"
Last edited May 14, 2015 1:34 pm
May 14, 2015 3:49 pm
Gwynplaine ponders the question for a moment, and then his grin widens. "Little bit of all of that, I think. Let's figure out what's going on with the power, then smash whatever we need to smash to get the lights back on." He tosses the beer to Krevin, hoping he missed Hank's outburst and wanting to see the reaction as the big guy takes a swig.

(I'm going to shoot a message via commlink over to Jimmy and the other guy to let them know we're on a job, and to hit me up when gets the message for directions.)

"But honestly I don't expect this to get violent unless things get seriously fragged up. I'm not even getting my game face on just yet. Boss wants us to figure out where the power went before all the beer gets any more skunked, and get it turned back on. We're paid up, so it's gotta be someone fragging around with it." He looks over at Durango and says, "You're on point for this one, rookie, what's our first move?"
May 14, 2015 4:32 pm
Durango's eyes widen for a second when Gwynplaine tells him he's on point. The frag do I look like, some kind of engineer? he thought to himself.

"Well, if the power's cutting out, then someone or something's messing with the line. Or some junkie tried to stick a needle in it and got a nasty surprise." He looks at Gwynplaine, his confidence building slightly, "can you work your decker magic to see where the power's getting interrupted? Then we can roll up and ask them to stop."

After a few more seconds, "Or maybe we could pay the power bill," he mutters to himself.
May 15, 2015 3:26 pm
"'s a good start, kid. Delegate the work you can't do to the people who can. Lemme have a look at the grid." Gwyn heads out and around the building to have a look at the cabling running from the building to see if there are any obvious flaws or defects. If he doesn't find anything, he switches to AR to have a look around.
May 16, 2015 3:03 am
There's nothing visibly wrong with the wiring around the clubhouse, as you switch to AR though it's like your sitting in a great dark crater, with small blips of wireless devices and cyberware moving around, probably club members with chrome. Further analysis will look like a grid of houses in your area are all black. Cut off from some choke point further up the power supply, looks like it's coming from north of you, In the Belmont neighborhood
May 17, 2015 1:11 pm
"Got somethin'," Gwyn says as he comes back from around the side of the building. "We're not the only folks left in the dark, looks like someone's grabbing power from the whole neighborhood. Couldn't trace it all the way back but it's choked off north of us, probably around Belmont. So, next move?"
May 18, 2015 2:30 am
Durango grins at the question. "We ride. We'll roll up hot, and check out this choke point. Me an' Krevin on point, lookin' angry to accelerate negotiations as they say. Maybe we'll just find some decker-fouled switchbox, hopefully not."

With that Durango walks out the front door, excited that he and Loo-anne might see some sh*t before the night was out.
May 18, 2015 6:49 pm
Krevin takes a look at the beer can in his hand and laughs.

"What you take me for Gwyn? It take 10 gallons of this basura* to get me going."

Krevin hands Gwyn the can and pulls a chrome flask with flames beveled across the front from his belt.

"I'll stick to the good stuff if you don't mind. And (leans closer to Gwyn), you're gunna have to get more creative if you wanna get one over on me amigo."

Slapping Gwyn on the shoulder with a smile, Krevin ducks his head under the door and out into the sun, sliding his pitch-black shades down over his eyes.
* "trash" Krevin spoke Spanish at home as a kid and frequently throws out words in his old language. *
May 18, 2015 7:16 pm
Gwyn looks at the departing man, down at the can, and bursts out laughing as he cracks it open. The beer is warm but hey, it's still beer. Chugging it down, he tosses it into the nearby garbage can and steps out into the sun, shielding his eyes with one hand as he makes his way over to his bike, a stock Scorpion, and puts on a helmet with tinted visor. "Alright boys, let's roll."
Jun 1, 2015 4:52 pm
Durango twists Loo-anne's throttle wide open as the trio set off from the clubhouse. He grinned to himself as the hot wind sprayed against his burly Ork face.

He glanced down to ensure that his T-250 was still nestled in its holster on Loo-anne's gas tank, and the smartlink in his goggles quickly updated him with the ammo count and proximity. His commlink kept him updated as to where the team was headed, and they barrelled towards it, engines roaring.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.