Links content warning

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 14, 2015 5:31 pm
Thanks to Dining Room Dungeon explicitly mentioning their content is NSFW or kids, I thought I should add a content warning flag. The more I thought about that this morning, I started to wonder if it makes more sense to add a 'Kid Friendly' flag, being unsure is most sites content would be NSF-kids. And it got me further thinking if I should bother flagging at all. It means I have to do more management, and sites can change their content without me knowing. Should I just leave a note at the top saying "Gamers' Plane is not responsible for content found on other sites"?
May 14, 2015 5:57 pm
"Yes" :-)

You should just care about your own site. It should go without saying that other sites are not in your responsibility. If you feel the need for a special disclaimer so be it. But maybe put it on the bottom of the page.
May 14, 2015 7:13 pm
I think it goes without saying that you're not responsible for content found on other sites.
That being said, I feel like a NSFW flag would work. "Kids" is very vague, and with what you can do online at younger ages happens, I feel like if a parent is getting upset with their child for going onto a site they shouldn't be on, they probably need to pay attention to what their child is doing online.
May 14, 2015 9:53 pm
Agreed with the above. A blanket CYA statement is really all you can do. Anything else and you're taking responsibility for things beyond your control.

Contrary to popular belief, there is more to the internet than GamersPlane.com!
May 14, 2015 10:40 pm
More...? I don't follow.
May 14, 2015 10:57 pm
Keleth says:
More...? I don't follow.
That's because you lead the Internets! You're not a follower!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.