GM Notes Subforum Automatic w Correct Permissions

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 15, 2015 4:01 pm
It would be mighty convenient for me if a game's default set up included a single subforum that was automatically visible ONLY to the GM. I like to keep notes and things on games, and keep them within the same place as the game I am running (because I don't always access the site from my laptop). As of this moment, the permissions system isn't letting me specify permissions for a subforum anyway - but overall *I* would find it convenient if (maybe as an option on the game creation page) I could have this subforum automatically made.
May 15, 2015 4:11 pm
You can't setup permissions for a subform? Do you have players yet? Because right now, the subforum system for a game only allows permissions at a user level (I know, a hassle).

I think there's some potential to this, or maybe when you create a forum, have a 'GM only' checkbox that automatically sets up the forum permissions?
May 15, 2015 4:12 pm
That second option would be a great alternative. Also I didn't have players, so that explains it. I'll wait for the full roster to fill then before bothering to make the subforum and start background preparations.
May 15, 2015 4:24 pm
You can make the subforum now and edit it as you go as well. But yah, the forums permissions system needs some major tweaks.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.