EotE Dice not Calculating Correctly

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 15, 2015 9:01 pm
It seems that the Advantage symbol and Threat symbol's IDs are backwards. The Total line is mixing up Advantage and Threat when posting rolls. Check out page 2 of our in-game thread for some examples.
May 15, 2015 9:24 pm
You lie! It works fine!

(For everyone else, he told me about it on Twitter, I fixed it then.)

Also, you guys are having REALLY bad luck with rolls.
May 15, 2015 9:44 pm
Candi says:
I rolled fine :p
That's a bug I can fix.
May 15, 2015 10:57 pm
Keleth says:
Candi says:
I rolled fine :p
That's a bug I can fix.
BURN!

Or is it LOL!!

I can't Internet -_-
Last edited May 15, 2015 10:58 pm
Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am
The totals are once again incorrect, because the system isn't counting triumphs and despairs as an extra success/failure.
Jun 18, 2015 3:33 pm
That's actually not a bug. I purposely don't add triumphs and dispairs to success/failure as they don't add in all situations, unless I've misunderstood the rules.
Jun 18, 2015 3:37 pm
As far as I recall, rolling a triumph also counts as a success too. The triumph can't be canceled but the success it provides can be. The inverse is true of the despair. I don't have my book at work, but I can review it tonight just to be certain.
Jun 18, 2015 6:54 pm
Yah, lets take a look at the rules. If a triumph/despair ALWAYS count as a bonus success/failure, I'll add it to the math.
Jun 18, 2015 10:14 pm
EotE page 23, successes and failures, paragraph 2:
Quote:
During this step, it is important to note that a Triumph symbol contributes a Success to the pool, in addition to any special effects it may trigger. [...]
Jun 18, 2015 10:57 pm
Fair enough; I thought it was only in combat. I gotta go over the rules more carefully. I'll have triumphs/dispairs add a success/failure to the pool.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.