OOC, Metagame and Pot Pouirri

load previous
Dec 24, 2015 5:22 pm
I think I'll go with Adapts to any Environment since it seems the most likely to somewhat fit with the concept. Let me know if you need anything to work me into the story from me.
Last edited December 24, 2015 5:27 pm
Dec 24, 2015 5:57 pm
Sounds perfect. If you want to submit the character, I'll have a quick look and then okay it. Maybe also PM me with any ideas on what would draw your character to Tombstone Station - was it your idea, did you follow someone, are you looking for something, etc.
Dec 24, 2015 7:59 pm
Okay, remnant is in! As the fourth person to accompany Jeapa from the restaurant, he trailed behind the others, but roll initiative!
Dec 30, 2015 2:04 pm
On a side note I'm having a lot of fun so far in the game.
Dec 30, 2015 7:12 pm
Remnant says:
On a side note I'm having a lot of fun so far in the game.
Awesome to hear, I'm having fun, too.
Jan 3, 2016 7:52 pm
Man... Can I be called Floats on 18 for the rest of this scene? I hope so. For the minor effect can I have seen a switch that would improve the chance of people shooting maybe and yell out where it is or could I kick the canister out of blast distance for the encounter?
Jan 6, 2016 9:38 pm
I figure we're at an interlude and it's going to go narrative. I'll probably look for a medical kit when we get where we're going to help patch people up (I think I can maybe pull some things from my bag and chew it up and spit it out on their injuries but some don't find that 'PC'), it's a Task level per points you would like to attempt to heal correct? (I.e. Heal Task (5) you need a 15 on a d20 if you have no skills, abilities, assets, assistance to give a target 5 points back into their pools to split up, you'd need less if you had any of those or a combo of some of them.)
Jan 7, 2016 4:19 am
I'll give you all a chance to Heal and recover in a little bit... unless there is more boom!!?? Stay tuned.
Jan 11, 2016 6:26 pm
I feel like I'm just asking you to "Click OK to continue" a bunch of times in a row, haha.
Jan 11, 2016 6:47 pm
Sorry I've been out of town for a couple days and meant to write down some questions. Will try to do it tonight
Jan 12, 2016 12:41 pm
And | don't have a good excuse for not keeping up. Just so damn busy.
Jan 26, 2016 2:49 am
How close are T2-4 together? Diego has a grenade that he's itching to use...
Jan 26, 2016 3:22 am
You can get two of them for sure, and feel free to describe how you might wreck terrain, so as to hinder the other one.
Feb 3, 2016 12:54 pm
Technical question since it's my turn versus an OoC Discussion back and forth in the game thread, can I stop/void/contaminate a translation gate opening? As a Paradox I have an understanding of how they work (Paradox have an enabler for opening Translation gates) and I have training in The Strange. Since I know how to open gates would I know how to make reverse or counter an opening attempt? I know this is a bit off the wall and the party hasn't done a lot of Translation jumping but 'one must dance through the Dream worlds if one has the Spark within them, they are chosen'.
Feb 3, 2016 2:19 pm
That's a good question. Typically, the ruleset implies that characters don't witness gates opening, they just are something you might come across.

This type of gate is different than Translating that characters can perform. A gate is open all the time, while characters do something that is more like teleportation, or folding themselves through 'space'. That is, you don't open a gate and go through it, but instead, meditate until suddenly you are somewhere else without having moved.

In this case, I may have been too subtle, but you're pretty sure the gate is operated by the aliens and their system terminal below.
Feb 3, 2016 2:48 pm
Oh yeah, my bad (It's been a minute since I've played last). Thinking of Recursion Keys made me think of doors versus how it does work with a key meaning you 'pop' in at a specific location.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.