Hello , SW friendly guy here :)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 9, 2017 10:21 pm
Hi, I'm from Portugal and i'm new to this site. A guy told me about it in a forum when i said i didnt have a group and couldnt find one where i live since no one plays it. I always wanted to play SW since im a fan of it since i was a little boy . I love the Universe and since i played D&D that i wanted to experience EotE, AoR or FaD games. I don't have a mic but would love to play with someone here that could accept me in the group.

I have to be honest : i dont play it for years and when i played this was the Edge of Empire beginner game, so i would need some help at start cause this is kinda very different from D&D .
Jul 9, 2017 10:25 pm
Hi gcardoso! I want to make sure you know: this is a play-by-post site. While I'm hoping we get to the point where games build to playing online/RL, you don't need anything here but a common language and time to post. With that in mind, Star Wars games are popular around here, so I'm sure you'll find one soon.

Mind if I ask, what forum passed on info about GP?
Jul 9, 2017 11:04 pm
Fantasy Flight Games forum in the SW RPG section. How does that gameplay work ? i thought people would join a group on roll20 or something never played that way. I hope someone calls me for a group ^^
Jul 10, 2017 12:01 am
Welcome! The best way to see how it works would be to read through some of the public games in the forums (link on the bar at the top of the page). Basically, we type out everything we would normally say aloud, and roll dice using the randomizer included on the website.
Jul 10, 2017 1:57 am
Welcome gcardoso! Play-by-post is a lot difdeent than live gaming but you can squeeze it into your regular life. Read a bit here, post a bit later. Its quite enjoyable and addictive to many of us.
Jul 10, 2017 2:34 am
Welcome! I suggest you check out the "Games Tavern" to see what games people are interested in starting/playing.
Jul 10, 2017 9:00 am
Welcome! Happy gaming! :-)
Jul 10, 2017 10:25 am
ok i will take a look. thanks guys :) but i need some guidness to start playing here since i dont know how this works. If someone is running a SW campaign pls help
Last edited July 10, 2017 10:39 am
Jul 10, 2017 2:50 pm
Many games are public. Click on those and see how the games are run. Post in the gamers tavern forum saying what time of game you are looking for. You will increase your chances of getting into a game.
Last edited July 11, 2017 1:49 am
Jul 10, 2017 6:07 pm
Hi gcardoso, I'm that guy who recommended you here from the official FFG forums.

I tried to be very explicit about how this is a "Play-by-Post" format site, apologies if you were expecting something else.

You're welcome to take a look at the FFG SW game that I am currently running. I believe I have it open to the Public so you should be able to browse around the threads at your leisure to see how it can work. I think everyone runs their games just a little differently, but you should be able to get the idea.

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/4365/

P.S. I love Portugal, I've spent some time in Porto and the wine country along the Douro. Beautiful!

Welcome to the forums. I hope you can find something to scratch your Star Wars itch!
Jul 10, 2017 7:16 pm
thanks again guys :)
emsquared says:
Hi gcardoso, I'm that guy who recommended you here from the official FFG forums.

I tried to be very explicit about how this is a "Play-by-Post" format site, apologies if you were expecting something else.

You're welcome to take a look at the FFG SW game that I am currently running. I believe I have it open to the Public so you should be able to browse around the threads at your leisure to see how it can work. I think everyone runs their games just a little differently, but you should be able to get the idea.

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/4365/

P.S. I love Portugal, I've spent some time in Porto and the wine country along the Douro. Beautiful!

Welcome to the forums. I hope you can find something to scratch your Star Wars itch!
HEY! :) yeah i was expecting other thing i never played a game like this before..

Glad you like my country, usually people love it it's very nice . You should see Coimbra and Lisbon next time, with many other beautiful places here. Alright i will go to that post . Ty i'll wait for it :)
Jul 10, 2017 9:50 pm
I have some very good friends who live in Porto, we were looking at either Madeira or Lisbon for our next visit :)

Regarding Play-by-Post, if you can find a dedicated group (which there are many such players here), and if your game is active with people posting every day, I have found this format to be an excellent approximation of the tabletop hobby.

Just keep an eye out in the "Games Tavern" for new Star Wars games, if it seems like something that might meet your needs.
Jul 10, 2017 10:31 pm
emsquared says:
I have some very good friends who live in Porto, we were looking at either Madeira or Lisbon for our next visit :)

Regarding Play-by-Post, if you can find a dedicated group (which there are many such players here), and if your game is active with people posting every day, I have found this format to be an excellent approximation of the tabletop hobby.

Just keep an eye out in the "Games Tavern" for new Star Wars games, if it seems like something that might meet your needs.
yeah cool places to go ;)

i dont know anyone here, or what game are they running , if they help, how create characters, roll dices, etc.. i will create a topic there

You do not have permission to post in this thread.