Introducing myself

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 13, 2017 2:38 am
Hi everyone!

I heard about this site through the dungeon master's block podcast (I'm still deep in the backlogs for anyone who knows about that podcast) and despite having never played a live tabletop rpg (I have dm'd a couple sessions of D&D 5e for close friends though) I decided this would be a great place to play some since I don't have a local group.
Jul 13, 2017 2:50 am
Hi Caedmor, welcome to GP! I also found this place through the DM's block. I suggest beginning at the gamers tavern to look for a game. People post new games regularly there. But the spots go fast. Usually if you post that you are looking for a game people will reach out.

Have fun!
Jul 13, 2017 2:51 am
Welcome Caèdmonr! I hope we can help you learn to love this hobby as much as we do, be it live or play-by-post.
Jul 13, 2017 3:04 am
The best thing to do is subscribe to notifications for new games in the system(s) of your choice. The second best thing is to not get frustrated if the first game or two you join is a bust. That happened to me, and I almost left the site. The third game I joined has been going on for nine months and has been more fun than the real-life game I'm in!

Welcome aboard!
Jul 13, 2017 3:07 am
Welcome!
Jul 13, 2017 7:34 am
Welcome, Caedmonr! Happy gaming! :-)
Jul 13, 2017 9:49 am
Welcome!
Jul 13, 2017 12:39 pm
Welcome caedmonr! Others have already given great advice, so I'll just reiterate it: be patient. Play-by-post is finicky and fickle, and if you go through that, you can often find a great, rich experience out of it. Are you looking for any particular system/style of game?
Jul 13, 2017 3:57 pm
I'm mainly looking for 5th edition D&D, since that's what I know. Really though I'm just looking to join something I can enjoy for a long time to come.
Jul 14, 2017 4:17 am
Welcome! There is no shortage of people to game with here.
Sep 4, 2017 3:53 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.