D&D 4e Character Sheet Encounter Powers not saved

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 24, 2015 4:37 pm
I've had a look at all the thread headings under bugs, and couldn't find anything about this, though I noticed similar problems happened with Spirit of the Century character sheets (and that you fixed it - hooray :-)

I'm working up a D&D 4e character (http://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd4/435/)

Everything seems ok, but when I added some Encounter Powers for my character, they did not save. I have done this twice now. No error message, just not there when I view my character.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I am using Encounter Powers from the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide for Drow (Cloud of Darkness and Darkfire). I mention that in case there is some sort of function which recognizes acceptable Encounter Power names, but does not recognize ones from this book.

Related feature request: Whilst we're on the subject - a Notes feature (like there is for Feats/Features) would be really useful for Powers, as (at least to this 4e newbie), the details of Encounter Powers are really difficult to remember, and at the moment I'm keeping them in general notes at the bottom of the sheet.
May 24, 2015 4:40 pm
Similarly, the attributes for the skills reset all to Cha (charisma) if you edit the character sheet.
May 24, 2015 5:37 pm
I can confirm @Qralloq's bug too. Hadn't noticed as Cha is my main deal!
May 24, 2015 6:25 pm
I should be able to tackle that today. Worst case, I'll fix if by Tuesday.
May 26, 2015 8:05 am
Confirming both issues (powers and incorrect key ability for skills). Thanks, Keleth!
May 27, 2015 2:45 pm
Either I'm going crazy or the sheet is also only saving new Feats / Features every other time. I put in a whole load which didn't save, then did a test one which did save, then did another one ... which didn't save.

Was this the JavaScript hell you were tweeting about Keleth? In any case you have my support as you try to iron out these bugs. The character sheet is kind of unusable at present, especially the non-saving bugs.
May 27, 2015 2:52 pm
I actually found a while back a small JS bug that made it so some itemized lists didn't process well, thanks to the asynchronous nature of the code. I thought I had fixed it for all lists, but its possible it didn't quite take for 4e. I'm working on it in general. I'm honestly debating switching all the character sheets to Angular, but that would be a BIG undertaking.
May 27, 2015 3:17 pm
Yeah I just encountered the Feats/Abilities issue as well.

Found another bug on the D&D 4E sheet, thought I would just add it here instead of creating a new thread. IT refuses to save the surges per day value, resets to zero.
May 27, 2015 3:37 pm
Maybe I should just Angularize everything...
May 30, 2015 1:11 pm
Thanks Keleth! The powers are now saving, but the skills are still all resetting to Cha. As per Qralloq's post above. In a similar way, alignment is resetting to good no matter what else you set.
Last edited May 30, 2015 1:12 pm
May 30, 2015 2:13 pm
Hm... I'm not seeing the Skills to cha issue on my side anymore. Nor do I see the alignment issue. I'll look into both again.
May 30, 2015 2:25 pm
Do I need to start with a fresh character sheet maybe?
May 30, 2015 2:34 pm
By the way - with me the alignment and stats save the first time, but after I make further amendments to the sheet they revert to the first item in the list.
May 30, 2015 2:39 pm
I added the powers and they have saved, woot. It allows me to set the skills-to-other-than-Cha and Alignment to other-than-good and save, but when I edit the character sheet again and save, they get reset to Cha/good respectively.
May 30, 2015 3:13 pm
Ok, threw in more fixes. Lemme know if that's good.
Jun 1, 2015 3:50 pm
Keleth, I'd just like to say that you are the best community site dev I have ever come across! Stay awesome, man! :-D
Last edited June 1, 2015 3:51 pm
Jun 1, 2015 4:36 pm
Haha, I appreciate it! I'm dedicated to making this the best site for PbP and I'd love for this to be the go-to site for the RPG community. But I'm waaaay off from that, and I'm happy just making sure you guys are enjoying the experience you're having on the site. If you guys mention to friends/in other places how great GP is, I won't object to that too... :p

I know I'm slow on some parts of the dev; I'm doing my best to keep up with my day job, GP, two other side projects, and when I have time, relaxing :D
Jun 3, 2015 11:47 am
Thanks also Keleth. I did give you a shout out on Twitter. I sometimes find it hard to find the time to *play* the games (or do things like update my character sheet, to check that the bug is gone), so am most impressed at all you manage to do!

Thanks again - can confirm bugs seem to be fixed now! :-)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.