Hello all!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 30, 2017 3:30 am
Hey there,

Uk based, ex-player. Grew up, got married, then divorced, about to get re-married, father of three with a full time job. Finding it hard to make time for roleplaying! PBP seems like it could be the answer!

Grew up on d&d, and currently have the books for 5E. Have dabbled a tiny bit, but really want to get stuck into something. Hoping to find a game/s on here!

Glad to be here!
Jul 30, 2017 6:05 am
Sounds like you are similar to many of us here. Welcome to the site!
Jul 30, 2017 6:22 am
Welcome aboard! 5e is a pretty popular system, so I'm sure it won't be long until you find a game to join!
Jul 30, 2017 6:47 am
Hi and welcome! I'm in a very similar situation to you mate and also uk based, have found this site to be great for scratching that RPG itch and the community on here is fantastic too.
Jul 30, 2017 12:07 pm
Welcome, Midnitehobo! Happy gaming! :-)
Jul 30, 2017 12:52 pm
Welcome, fellow parent! This site is great for getting in some gaming around a busy life.
Jul 30, 2017 4:00 pm
Welcome Midnitehobo! As others have said, PbP, if you can put up with the pacing which throws off a lot of newcomers, is fantastic for people with busy lives who don't have the time for RL gaming. Do you plan on sticking to DnD or do you want to explore other things as you get yourself settled?
Jul 30, 2017 7:26 pm
I also bid you welcome, Midnitehobo. There is plenty to get involved in. 5e games seem to erupt regularly and fill fast, so keep an eye out.
Jul 30, 2017 7:31 pm
Welcome! Don't get discouraged if you don't get in a game right away, it's worth the wait (although sometimes one opens up just in time).
Jul 30, 2017 7:58 pm
Welcome!
Jul 30, 2017 11:51 pm
Welcome!
Jul 31, 2017 12:54 am
Welcome!
Jul 31, 2017 12:59 am
Hello and welcome to GP.
Jul 31, 2017 4:08 am
Hello! Welcome to GP!
Jul 31, 2017 12:29 pm
Welcome :)
Aug 1, 2017 6:25 am
Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome!
Keleth says:
Welcome Midnitehobo! As others have said, PbP, if you can put up with the pacing which throws off a lot of newcomers, is fantastic for people with busy lives who don't have the time for RL gaming. Do you plan on sticking to DnD or do you want to explore other things as you get yourself settled?
Keleth, I'm open to exploring new systems, anything new is nothing but an adventure right? Given the parental time restrictions, it would have to be a patient Dm to teach me through anything new though! Not sure I have hours to dedicate to reading through handbooks...
Aug 1, 2017 12:47 pm
Midnitehobo says:
Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome!
Keleth says:
Keleth, I'm open to exploring new systems, anything new is nothing but an adventure right? Given the parental time restrictions, it would have to be a patient Dm to teach me through anything new though! Not sure I have hours to dedicate to reading through handbooks...
Many of the GMs here are super new-player friendly, so I'm sure the game will come!
Aug 1, 2017 4:06 pm
Welcome, man!

I am new here too. I came in here 2 weeks ago, having no idea how it worked; now I am already actively participating in 2 games, and I received a lot of help from everyone!
I also will try to do my best to assist those who enter.
Good game for you.
Sep 4, 2017 3:50 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.