Game Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 27, 2015 12:04 pm
OOC will be in green. Make sure to post as your character and not your account so that checking in on character sheets is an easier task. I did not manually add in the cyphers for the last two payers. Make youre you two both add them in or ill do it when I check them again.

The group finds themselves seated at a round table in one of the guardhouses in Faladon. Seated with them is three others. Two appear to be twins. Theyre both pretty tall with short blond hair and red colored eyes. They seem to be relatively reserved as they have been silent for a long time. The other person is leaning back in her chair. She has shrot brown hair and is a bit more heavy-set than usual. She twiddles her fingers and once in awhile a flame pops from them. She looks rather disinterested with whats happening at the moment. At the head of the table standing up is a man in guards armor. The decals on the armor suggest he is highly ranked.

"Lets go over this one more time to make sure we are on the same page. We've had a string of people going missing in the depths over the course of two weeks and it's starting to worry townsfolk. We sent in a search party a couple of days ago and we've heard nothing back. We are hoping for the best but we have to expect the worst"

He takes a moment to look down solemnly at the table.

"This is where you guys come in. We are handing you guys over to the Faladon Mining Company so that you may be used to help with search and security efforts in the mine. We chose you guys for different reasons but the fact of the matter is that from here on out you will all be working together. Im going to hand you guys over real quick to this gentleman over here and he is going to give you a rundown of whats going on"

He points over to a formally dressed man in what appears to be his mid 30's. His clothing suggests he works in the spire but more as a businessman than someone who should be giving search and rescue instructions.

"Time is of the essence folks so I'll try to make this short and sweet. We've been mining new territory for the past few weeks and we're starting to believe that mining in the new territory is what's causing whatever to happen."

He points to a blue print that was crudely made and set up.

"This is the floor where most of the disappearances have occured. Coincidentally power is shut off to the area. Before we can begin any search effort we need to be able to communicate while you are down there and until the power is restored we will not be able to achieve this. Bellatrix over here ois coming along with you guys to fix whatever is wrong with our power generator down there."

He points at the disinterested lady sitting across the table from you guys. At the increased amount of attention she casually lifts her arm as if to acknowledge the eyes upon her before going back to twiddling her fingers.

"Until power is restored the lighting situation down there wont be very good either besides the glow from the baubles so take things slow and don't get yourselves into trouble you cant get out of. You guys will be going down there after we are done here so is there an questions before we begin?"
May 27, 2015 4:04 pm
"Do we have any idea as to what could be the cause of these disappearances? Sabotage? Particularly aggressive native fauna perhaps? Maybe you've dug up something that wasn't too friendly?"
May 27, 2015 7:20 pm
"Bah! All this stuff Is too shady. I am sure there more details you could share! And, by the way, if you so official, i want to see the official part that deals with what i will have after all this stuff is done. I am not going into suicide, let me feel that i am going on really weighted and well-planned mission. And well-payed too, of course." - added Taachi, and continued -
"Baubles, Shamaubles, New minings. We will see what kind of mess is going there, but.... You supply more - results will be better!"

He stood up, winced and smiled to the formally dressed man and left his intentionally drilling gaze on him for few seconds
Last edited May 27, 2015 7:26 pm
May 27, 2015 8:24 pm
"Im sure this is a lot to take in, but I'm afraid this is all the information that we have on the subject. We've increased patrols around town to make sure nobody that isnt allowed to is sneaking into the mines. Our miners are afraid of going into depths lest they disappear and this town itself will crumble into dust if we cannot continue mining operations"

The well dressed man smiles calmly at Taachi as if he were a friend.

"Of course we will compensate you for your efforts. You are allowed to keep anything you may find in the mines be it the rarest of baubles or even lost numenera they are yours to keep. Mayor Bauxtapau is also willing to pay a hefty amount of shins if you manage to bring back stragglers. The town geologist Johanaves may even pay you if you were to find anything that strikes his intrigue."
May 27, 2015 8:37 pm
With loud "Khmmmm" Taachi sits back on the chair, shrugs and glances on everyone in the room.
"So what we are waiting for then?"- he adds making face expression of person who just already entered the room and saw all the people in it for first time
May 27, 2015 8:45 pm
Looks at his 4 shins before stuffing them back into his pocket.

"How hefty are we talking here?"
May 27, 2015 9:46 pm
"Hes offered 15 shins per person brought back alive. That means hes looking for survivors. Bauxtapau wants to relieve the townsfolk with stories of heroism and bravery rather than haunt them with a tale of death and sorrow. Bauxtapau has also ordered me to give you guys this.

The man passes out a small handbag to each person at the table. Inside of it includes 10 shins and a badge made out of a strange metal. On the front of it has a small insiginia of the Faladon Mining brand.

"Bellatrix here will also be in direct communication with us at all times. We hope to hear of only good news"

The dressed man suddenly has a reddish glow in his pocket. The humming noise is soothing for a second but quickly makes everyone in the room on edge. Even the silent twins begin to look uneasy, altered from their unphased state.

Ah yes that means its a good time for me to get going. We expect you all to be ready for the search effort at sundown"

The man dismisses himself from the room and the Captain turns to face you guys.

"Ok you guys have 8 hours until you need to be back here. Go do what you need to do and I better not have anyone late. Adonis and Selphon here know first hand how punctual I am with my deadlines. You are dismissed"

You are free to explore the town as you wish using the map ive provided in the other thread. If you are ready to proceed just return to the guard station. When everyone is ready we shall proceed
May 27, 2015 9:50 pm
Halál, just starting to doze off, is jolted awake by Taachi's loud reaction. Rubbing his eyes he looks about the room as the others continue questioning the man in the suit.

"Whatever. Any thing is better than sitting around here doing nothing", he thinks to himself as his eyes slowly start closing.
Last edited May 27, 2015 9:51 pm
May 27, 2015 10:00 pm
"Well" - said loudly Taachi - "I take what is mine" - and took one of the handbags, and tossed it right into his pants. Perhaps he had some kind of pocket there.

He stood up, and went out of the room, to breathe some air, and perhaps visit shoppes around or to go into one of the pubs to see some curvy wenches.

Taachi goes outside first, where he will stand abit and watch sky and htink for a moment, and perhaps catch conversation with someone, then he will move to visit the armorsmith, and then into the pubs. Thats the plan, at least.
Last edited May 27, 2015 10:03 pm
May 27, 2015 10:10 pm
"Don't mind if I do" says Yasin as he pockets his bags of shins. He sees Halal asleep and thinks about how easy it would be to take their shins but thinks better of it as he exits to go have some fun in a pub.
May 27, 2015 10:21 pm
Halál wakes just in time to see Yasin looking in his direction and does his best to give him a polite nod. Standing up from the table he grabs the bag directly in front of him and shuffles out the door. Shielding his eyes as he walks about the small village one of the shop signs catches his attention.

"Oliver Newton's Gizmos, eh? I never liked holding on to shins anyway..."

Hal will take a look around the shop and talk to anyone who happens to be working there.
May 27, 2015 10:52 pm
For Situations like this where we are in town and it becomes open world I will separate the scenes with a line of hyphons rather than making a separate post for each so im not chaining together 6 posts. Each scene will be titled witht he appropriate character in red at the beginning

Taachi

You step outside of the guardhouse ( The one in the top left of the map. Yellow dot) and see quite a few people walking around as it is mid day. Theres a standing group of 5 near the entrance of Faladon waiting for safe passage to the neighboring city. There is a pub thats 2 buildings to your right lit up with many glowing blue baubles. It doesn't look too busy at the moment however. There is a nearby patrol as well that consists of 3 guards that are talking to what appears to be a lady in her late 50's thats using very animated gestures towards the guards with her voice slightly rising.

---------------------------------

Yasin

You walk out at the same time as Taachi and immediately notice the same pub two buildings to your right, as well as the panicking lady. As you walk up to the pub you notice a game of chance going on at a table in the far back but other than that theres not too many people here besides your usual lot of day drinkers and a couple of patrons who are laughing at the scene unfolding with the patrol

---------------------------
Halal

Perhaps from being so sleepy you did not really pay much attention to the lady in the street with the patrol. There's always usual rabble like that happening anyway and besides, Newton's Gizmos offers more interest to you at the time being. You reach the shop and looking in you notice the windows are a bit grimey but inside you see blurs of color and noise coming from within the shop. Entering it you do not see a clerk attending the store though you do hear the sound of someone working on something in the back. As this happens you also hear some children laughing in a hushed manner but you do not see them.
May 27, 2015 10:54 pm
Arret grabs his bag and strolls on out

"Might as well wander around looking at the stores, see if I can't find something to spend my paltry shins on."

Arret will follow Halal down to Oliver Newton's Gizmos, mostly windowshopping, maybe doing some trade.
May 28, 2015 1:27 am
Heiro looks at those in attendance during the exchange and says nothing. He picks up the bag of Shins and examines the strange metal badge. "Is this something I've seen before?" He thinks to himself. He empties the Shins into his own money pouch and pockets the bag. He gives the room another long look and stalks out. Without getting too close, he tries to overhear what the old lady is yelling at the local constabulary about. If it's nothing interesting or relevant, he looks for the nearest food stall for a pre-spelunking snack. "Hopefully not all rat meat here..."
May 28, 2015 1:35 am
Yasin takes a look at the lady in public. "that crazy old hag probably doesnt even know what shes doing. No wonder the patrons are laughing at her" and approaches the bartender for some conversation

"This pub is looking dried up, where is everybody? Heck the entertainment right now is some crazy old hag thats rambling in the street. You guys should really do something about that if you want more people in here"
May 28, 2015 1:51 am
As the others take their money and file out, Dominador peers deeply at those left behind. He has always been one to look first and ask questions later. The twins and Bellatrix are especially interesting to him as they are new. The others he would trust with his life but these three are odd.

He looks over to the uninterested Bellatrix and asks "Where should we meet up with you to go down into the mine?

Do you want to denote trained skills in the roll with a +3?

Rolls

Notice any details about well dressed man (trained) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Notice any details about Bellatrix and Twins (trained) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 28, 2015 3:31 am
Arret

You follow after Halal knowing he had went to Oliver Newtons Gizmos. You notice the lady bickering in the street as well but being more keen on catching up to Halal you decide to ignore it. After all it could just be trivial town nonsense. Your about 10-20 seconds behind him but you eventually reach the bright colors shining out of the grimy windows of Oliver Newtons Gizmos. You see Halal at the door looking into the shop. You do not however hear the sound of the childrens laughter nor the work being done in there because of how far back you are and the sounds of the city making it hard for you to hear anything not within immediate distance.

--------------------------------------------------

Heiro

Its hard to tell because you are not close by but you pick out the words stolen and man. The way her mannerism is suggests she may have been robbed. The guards don't seem to be taking it as seriously as they would otherwise as they appear to be loafing around while hearing her out. You can hear the audible laughter coming from the patrons at the twisted barrel which is the name of the pub around here. In the distance you see a mom and pa stand where they are selling dried meat and bread. Its got a coupleof people browsing their goods but not too many buyers.

-------------------------------------
Yasin

The bartender looks visibly annoyed as she starts cleaning the glasses with a bit more gusto. You know, arent you one of the guys they hired to solve that mess in the mines? Its ruining my business. Since the disappearances began no one but the drunkards come anymore and they order so much they forget they dont have the coin to pay me. That or Hallatus over there cons them for all they got. Why dont you come back when youve done your job instead of wasting time around here costing me money"

She motions for him to go out and a couple of bouncers are watching from the distance at Yasin.

--------------------------------------
Dominador

You dont notice too much about the man other than his odd calm demeanor. It might be just how he is though.

You notice that Adonis clenched his fists a little when the Captain mentioned being punctual where as Selphon closed his eyes. Bellatrix remains uninterested but it seemed as though Taachi's outbursts and demeanor made her flame a little larger.

Bellatrix doesn't acknowledge you for a little bit. A pause of atleast 10 seconds occurs before she speaks up.

"The Captain wants us back here in 8 hours. I myself might get some food from this place near the Dragons Breath. It always fills me up proper before little adventures like this"

She gets up and readjusts her belt which causes her stomach to bulge around. She clearly has her fill from whatever place she is mentioning. Her cold uninterested demeanor is lost though as she reminisces about the stand where she eats from. She exits which leaves you in here with Adonis and Selphon

Yes denote all assets and effort in the roll please
May 28, 2015 5:13 am
Taachi ignores that old woman, he have no interest in old women. He goes to visit Armor shoope. He have some shins to spend, after all.

He need to do it quick, because there young women could be waiting for him in one of those pubs. After all, he have some shins to spend.

He cheerfully smiles to himself, and enters Armorsmith shoppe.
Last edited May 28, 2015 5:18 am
May 28, 2015 5:16 am
I look at the twins. I'm not good at all this talking stuff but as I reach out and count the shins into my hand and take the badge, I look over at Adonis.

"What about you two? You work with the guard right? Have you been with this nano long? Is she good in a fight?"

Rolls

Gather information (Social Roll) - (1d20-3)

(18) - 3 = 15

May 28, 2015 5:28 am
Arret enters the shop and uses his Scan Esotery to see whats what with the items for sale and the store itself.

Due to my intellect edge I only spend 1 point from my int stat pool
May 28, 2015 7:30 pm
"Darling it sounds like you're trying to vent your anger onto me. You cannot possibly think that those disappearances have lost you your business. I mean look at this place its a dump. A man tries to buy some mead and ends up getting a sour mood from the person thats supposed to be serving him. Talk about awful patronage"

Yasin glances back at the bouncers and winks at them. He knows he can work himself around this if it tends to get ugly. Yasin liked getting on the nerves of people and testing their limits and this bartender is providing him with a lot of fun for the itme being
May 28, 2015 9:47 pm
Hal, hearing the noise from the back of the shop, taps on the counter, trying to get someone's attention.
May 29, 2015 3:10 am
Heiro moves within short range of the woman who may have been robbed, pretending to examine an area on the cavern roof high above.

"Maybe related, maybe not. Maybe worth doing something about, maybe not. Can't hurt." he thinks. "Need to remember to get a few more days rations, too. Is it me that smells like that? That's just awful. I hope it's just the tavern..."
Last edited May 29, 2015 3:27 am
May 29, 2015 4:01 am
Taachi

You enter the armor shop and are immediately greeted at the door by a full set of armor that is set up. The steel is well tempered and features some of the insignia the local guard uses on it. There are various pieces of armor set up around the store in different fashions and weights. Most of them make use of the materials from the mines from what you can tell. A man at the back looks up at you while hammering on a piece of armor. He has short brown hair and a scar across his cheek and is well built probably due to his craft.

"What can I get for the likes of you" he says as he puts down the hammer he was using to work on the armor and starts walking towards you.

----------------------------------

Dominador

You feel an intrusion into your mind which causes you to wince a bit. The noise that it creates is like a soft buzzing in your head before words begin to sound in your head.

"We have worked with the guard for a couple of years. We arent your run of the lot guardsmen however"

a second voice beckons in your head

"Yes we are called in for more sensitive matters within town such as now with the disappearances of the townsfolk in the mines."

Both of them are looking at you with calm eyes almost as if they werent talking to you to begin with.

The first voice begins to beckon again.

"You can trust Bellatrix. The lady might not seem like it but she brings a lot to the group and shes more than capable of fighting thats for sure"

Arret and Halal

As Halal begins to tap on the counter the noises in the back stop.

"Hmnngngh!?!?!? What in the world is someone doing here? It better not be you rascals again"

Just then two children rush out from a part of the holding a few things and laughing.

Arret reaches the door at the same time as they make a break for it and begins to use Scan where he is alerted of the prescence of synth metals, strings, gasses, and liquids within the 10 foot cube around him. He is also alerted of Halal and the two children presence. The children attempt to slide by Arret in order to escape the store

If you wish you may make a roll in an attempt to block the kids from leaving Arret or you may freely let them pass

-----------------------------

Yasin

The bartender slams down the mug she was cleaning and stares him dead in the eyes.

"You and your insults are not welcome here any longer. Beldrus! Zarmain! Get this rock fodder out of my pub."

The patrons are all looking at the scene that is unfolding. The guards that were helping the lady have looked over and noticed the aggressive nature of the bartender by now as well

Heiro

The lady starts to tell about how some man had stolen her shins as she made her way to the bazaar. She is incoherently blabbing about the details of the robber but you hear her mentioning a red stripe along the back of their top and the guards have soon lost their attention with her and begin noticing the scene unfolding at the bar. The lady is tearing up a bit that the guards are not giving her any attention and that her cries for help are being heard in vain.
May 29, 2015 4:59 am
My eyes become slits behind the slits in my mask. I am not comfortable with this intrusion into my mind. I slam my hand onto the table, cracking it just a little, before regaining my composure.

"I apologize. I am not accustomed to my mind being beset with voices. At least, not yours. I am glad to have allies that seem so capable. I do not mean to beleaguer your company. I will meet you here at the guard station later unless you wish to accompany me to the Dragon's Breath."

I stand up from the table, muscles flexing incidentally as I stretch to get the cobwebs out. I make to leave and look to see if they are coming. If not, I continue out the door to head to my employer. They need to know I may not be at work for a few days.
May 29, 2015 5:11 am
Likes of me desire some really good armor that will protect their guts from unwanted intrusions" - answered Taachi with wide smile.
"Wanna something special. Up to Medium. And name your price. And discount, too. I must have some shins for the lasses, you can't deny me to have that."
Last edited May 29, 2015 5:11 am
May 29, 2015 6:14 am
"Halt villains!" Arret shouts as he lunges for their collars

Edit: reposting as my character, I rolled a 9
Last edited May 29, 2015 6:15 am

Rolls

1d20

(9) = 9

May 29, 2015 6:22 pm
Hal, hearing Arret's command to the children, quickly turns around. "Kind of tiny for villains", he thinks to himself as he tries to assist Arret in corralling the little ones.

OOC: Basically if Arret is able to cut them off or slow them down, Hal, will try and help out.
May 30, 2015 12:30 am
Yasin sees that she is beginning to slam things like mugs while talking to him and as she slams down a mug he punches himself in the face stealthily and begins howling in pain. Blood starts to run down his nose

"Help me! This wretched lady is assaulting me for no reason! GUARDS!

Yasin begins to try to feign that it was her mug that hit him instead of his own fist

Rolls

Trickery Roll (Specialized) - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 30, 2015 1:22 am
I approach the woman, since the guards don't seem interested and will likely be knocking heads elsewhere soon.

"Sshhhh be calm, good woman, be calm... if you tell me what happened maybe I can help while I'm out and about town today. I also have business with the local guard, so perhaps I can mention your trouble. Can you tell me anything more specific about the man," I say, smiling and friendly. "And perhaps your trouble and my current business here intersect," I think.

Rolls

Calm Crazy Person - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 30, 2015 4:39 am
Dominador

You begin to head towards the Dragons Breath and on your way you notice Heiro talking to a lady and Yasin holding his face covered in blood with guards and the bouncers from the Twisted Barrel rushing over to the scene. You decide that work is more important and you shouldn't be helping a competing pub.

Upon reaching the Dragons Breath you are greated with the usual odor of blood and spirits. The bartender in the back, a bald man with a glass eye in one of his sockets named Gregor calls for you with a smile.

"Aye Gregor it is nice to see you. Tell me, what did those fancy pants guard people want with you. I hope you did not say anything bad about the pub. It would be bad for business" he says in a half nervous chuckle.

Taachi

"We all want our time with the ladies" he says with a crooked smile that shows missing teeth.

"Unfortunately for you, I run an esteemed and established business here in Falador and my work here is revered in the arena. You must forgive me if my prices may seem a bit unfair..

He begins to look you up and down before smiling.

"Yes, I know your type. Ive got some beastskin and baubles that I could work with to make you a nice piece of armor. Im going to have to coin you 15 shins for the job though" he says with his smile still shining at your face.

--------------------------------

Arriet & Halal

Halal looks back and tries to jump and help catch the Youngsters but he is not needed as before they could even step foot out of the store Arriet catches them by the collar of their clothes and picks them up.

They begin pleading to be let go as a quirky man appears from the back of the shop with a weird ball contraption in his hand

"You kids are nothing but trouble. Yes yes lucky these guys got ahold of you before I had to let old ballly loose again yes yes"

"Begone you muts before I zap you into ashes!"

On this command Arriet drops them where they are. The kids then drop the goods they tried to steal and run away as fast as possible.

"Fanatics, Fantasmics, Comics, and Warriors. All their tastes and desires I can provide yes yes. What can Oliver get for you fine people" he says as his hands fidget and his head randomly twitching at various times. The ball is still whgirling in his hand with some static electricity firing out of it from time to time without phasing Oliver.

--------------------------

Yasin

One of the bouncers picks you up and rears up a punch before the guard yells "HAULT"

"What seems to be the problem here?"

"This punk punched himself in the face after I kicked him out of the bar and now hes trying to frame me" yells the bartender, who is completely furious at the moment. Had the guards not been here she would have been the one punching him.

The guard looks at Yasin dead in the eyes

"Is this true, lying is punishable here." he says as he tends to believe the bartender at the moment.

"We saw him do it too, this punks trying to ruin our business" announces one of the bouncers.

"Let the man speak you buffoon"

Everyone stares at you and you begin to have a mixture of sweat and blood pool on your face.

You also take 2 points in damage from the punch.

------------------

Heiro

Most of her talk is gibberish and as you try to calm here down she attempts to make things simpler.

"Big man..... red stripe down back.. He take my shins....... and ran that way. Please help I need those shins" she starts pleading with tears going down her eyes. She points to a district thats about 1000 feet away from you near the cluster of faladon mining company buildings. She begins to walk towards that way as well and motions for you to follow while repeating what she had said.
May 30, 2015 4:51 am
Quote:
"Big man..... red stripe down back.. He take my shins....... and ran that way. Please help I need those shins" she starts pleading with tears going down her eyes. She points to a district thats about 1000 feet away from you near the cluster of faladon mining company buildings. She begins to walk towards that way as well and motions for you to follow while repeating what she had said.
I momentarily stop and consider a moment, looking at the mining company buildings in the distance.

"Hmmmm... oh what the hell," I say with a shrug, and stalk after the woman. "How big could he be?"
Last edited May 30, 2015 6:41 am
May 30, 2015 6:14 am
I nod to greet him. I catch the eye he has left and hold his gaze. In other places, people grow uncomfortable under it but here, in a place of warriors and blood, none shy from my steady scrutiny.

"They have need of warriors to search for those who have gone missing. I came to say I have need of a leave of absence. I know I only started recently but the work here is good. I'm sure you can agree that people missing will be bad for business in the long run. If you need me to work today before I go, I have some time now. If not, I have a few errands to attend to in preparation." I say in my blunt manner.

I give a quick glance around the bar just to take in the afternoon crowd.

I can't tell if my bonuses to perception give me an advantage here or not but for now, I rolled without it.

Rolls

Situational Awareness - (1d20)

(13) = 13

May 30, 2015 7:19 am
Arret dusts his hands of on his cloak before addressing Oliver

Old bally? Also...I assume from the 'again' those children are regular 'customers' of yours?

Arret then gestures to the dropped goods

"I don't suppose you would mind if I helped you clean up here?"
May 30, 2015 1:11 pm
"Tell me what it will be about, and how it will differ from ll the regular stuff i can find, and why i should pay for it so much shins. Tell me, and if i like, we got deal on 14 shins. 1 shin discount, because, you know... ladies. Thats all what i got. I need at least some shin for a drinks. Surely, for poor fella like me, you can make such small discount as token of our good attitude and understanding" - tells Taachi smiling
Last edited May 30, 2015 1:12 pm

Rolls

Diplomacy + Lies (-1 difficulty from skill) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

May 30, 2015 4:14 pm
Halál watches as they would be thieves scurry away. "Nice catch", he says to Arret as he turns to the shopkeep and asks, "What's that you've got there?"
Jun 1, 2015 12:11 am
Yasin has asked to be removed from the group. Ill try to work a fate for his character but for the time being we will focus on your characters interactions

Heiro

The lady begins to lead you on towards the buildings. Faladons mining buildings are a bit less lit from the rest of the town but patrols and still regular around here as well as the rest of the towns flow. As you make your way into this sector the lady begins to stop dead in her tracks and looks right. Almost bumping into her as you were paying more attention to your thoughts than her you notice she is looking at something. As you turn right you notice a man standing in the back looking into something. He dons a maroon stripe across the back of his Jerkin. The way the lady is reacting is making you think its him. Before you are given a chance to investigate she begins yelling again and starts walking down the alley towards the man with the stripe.

Dominador

The man looks around in the bar. He also notices the lack of business and while he could use his bouncers service hed lose even more money by working him today.

"Bloody bars going into the ground real soon if that situation isnt solved. Ive lost a couple of fighters to the depths. Paying customers dont want to see their champions go missing like some lost child. Go do what you need to do"

He flicks a finger to motion for you to leave before he starts wiping down the bar area once more.

------------------------

Taachi

" Im the best armorsmith you can find in town. Sure you might find some mere peasant selling some cheap leather jerkin for less than me but my armors meant to last and not get you killed. Deaths bad for business."

Suddenly a light goes off in his head and his eyes grow wide with the thinking of a plot.

I'll tell you what though, I'll get you that armor piece for 12 shins. However when you go into those mines I want you to get me some of those Azure Baubles. My stocks been running short and without any of those miners going down I cant get any. We got a deal?
says Albus as he extends an oily grimey hand out to shake for a deal.

----------------

Arriet & Halal

Oliver begins to look around as if hes trying to find something then sees the ball in his hand.

"OH! You mean ol' bally here? Pal of mines been around since me first few days here. yes yes. He goes zap zap to anyone he doesnt like. Ol bally dont like no thieves like those rotten imps thats for sure yes yes.

Oliver notices the way Arriet was about to pick up the products before screaming.

"NO! NO! Dont you dare touch her like that. Samantha is a very delicate contraption. She will make you go night night if you dont touch her in the right places yes yes."

Oliver begins to cautiously go over and pick up the weird synth cube before putting it on a nearby shelf.

"Come to buy some of my children yes yes??"
Jun 1, 2015 1:24 am
Well, sound goods , as long as the armor you will make for me will be the proof of your statement - of you being the best armoursmith here.
See? Me, young fella knows that I need to protect my ass well in order to be able to return to those curved lasses, and that would be your responsibility as well. I am making investment. As I say often, save your ass first, ask questions later!
Deal. We have it. Please make it really worthy one.
Should I wait here or when I should hop back in order to have it? You'll get your baubles. As I will get free maintenance and upgrade if I find a lot of shinies.
Last edited June 1, 2015 2:14 pm
Jun 1, 2015 3:35 am
Well, it won't do to let her get killed or to be slaying this thug the street. Since she's walking, I'll run past her at the man. If there's anything in the alley I can use as a blunt instrument to incapacitate him if need be, I'll grab it as I go.
Jun 1, 2015 5:04 am
Arret nods slowly

"I was thinking more along the lines of doing a trade instead, maybe selling off a interesting cypher or two in my possession, if you're the sort willing to barter, at any rate, what do you have that you're willing to part with?"
Jun 1, 2015 9:07 pm
Arret & Halals scene is simultaneous and will not progress until both have posted. There is no rush so dont fret it.

Taachi

Albus begins sizing you up with a makeshift rope he had on hand. The feeling of his hands on you are unnaturally uncomfortable but you wade through it for a few seconds before he finally jots down what he needed.

"Just come on back here in a day or two and Ill have it made up for you. A craft like mine takes time and patience"

He starts picking up some supplies and heads over to a nearby workbench thats littered with other work.

"And dont you dare comeback without those baubles or youll be paying extra. We shook on that remember."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Heiro

You rush past the woman, careful not to knock her over. About 20 feet infront of you there lies a worn out azure bauble. You swiftly climb down to pick it up, youre fingers slip a little bit on the grip of the bauble but you look down to coordinate your grab a little bit better and you come up with the bauble in your hand.

As you look up however the man in the red stripe is now staring you down. You freeze for a moment as his gaze sends a chill down your spine.

-GM INTRUSION: 1 XP Given to Herio + one other person upon completion-

In the midst of being caught in this mans gaze, another unseen person attempts to swing a club at you from behind.

Heiro, please give me a speed defense roll to attempt to evade the attack
Jun 1, 2015 9:13 pm
"Hmm... You didnt told me what special feats it will have, but it's ok.... You'll get shins upon completion. If it's worthy and good, you get baubles and shins." - said Taachi, and gone out. He made a sap of fresh air into his lungs and scanned surroundings for interesting things to notice.
Jun 1, 2015 9:30 pm
Halál more interested in browsing than anything, will simply continue to look around a bit while listening to the conversation between Arrest and the shopkeep.
Jun 1, 2015 9:39 pm
I nod at Gregor. "I'll be back later when business picks up. Maybe grab a fight or two before I head into the mines. Catch you in another life."

With nothing happening at the Dragon's Breath and with Gregor's dismissal, I turn to the streets again. I have some items I need to unload before I go. First I'll head to the armorer.
Jun 1, 2015 10:03 pm
Taachi

Stepping outside into the familiar blue and orange glow of Faladon you notice to the left of you the weaponsmith's shop. Some guards are carrying some wooden boxes out of it and are heading down the road. Theres also tons of pedestraisn near the humongous spire thats ahead of you. Some are there for pleasure and recreation while businessmen and politicians enter and exit the tall building with regularity.

From here you have 3 choices in terms of areas to go to if youre jsut looking around. PErhaps you may go to the northern district where a lot of residential areas are located. The notorious Dragons Breath pub is there along with some other key buildings as described per map.

You may also try the southern district. The arenas always open for people to spar in and since its the 4th day they are still 3 days away from the next prisoner bout. Theres also another pub near here along with a memorial service for the lost people in the depths.

You could also head towards the western district which is where you originally came from. You may decide to go back to the guard station there and await the journey into the depths or there is yet another pub in that district.

-------------------------------

Arret & Halal

Halal begins browsing the shop as he listens to Arret and Oliver do business. Checking the shelves you see numerous odd and wacky designs. They look genious in their intended use but there seems to always be something wrong for them. A chamber of gas that holds a violent yellow smokey gas leaks some of it out now and then where the gas immediately dissipates into an orange liquid that resembles water in its viscosity.

"mmm cyphers. Oliver does like a new toy to work with yes yes. Please show, let me see what toys you have brought and we could trade yes yes. Is there anything you had in mind?"

-----------------------------------

Dominador

It takes a little bit but you reach the armorer. Inside you see a man who seems to be working on a piece of armor as you come in. He notices you and says "Ah yes, one moment" he takes some hot candlewax and puts it on thr back of a piece of paper that seem to have design specifications on it and sticks it onto a wall near his table. He pats his hands on his apron to wipe off the excess before addresing you.

"Yes what can I get for you today? Possibly a piece of armor fit for a king?"
Jun 1, 2015 10:12 pm
Taachi became interested in those boxes which being held by guardians. But then... "Guardians. Meh.
Businessmen. Lets come closer and see what they about. Sometimes they are dumb and clumsy."
-Thought to himself Taachi, and walked towards rich personas in front of him.
"Need something sure. Trivial. Something that is like bread and butter. Seek well, man, seek well."

Rolls

Awareness - Looking for easy opporunity - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jun 1, 2015 11:13 pm
Arret shows him the Still Field belt

"As far as I can determine, cyphers of this nature sort of...blend the wearer into the background, at least as far as anything that perceives through sonar or the like can tell"
Jun 2, 2015 1:40 am
"Unfortunately, no. I have no need for the armor I already have and was hoping to sell it to you for a few shin. It is made of beastskin. Also, if I can sell you this greataxe, I have no need for it either. I will sell the both of them for 6 shin. My price is fair. You will take it or I shall take them elsewhere."

Dominador stares unflinchingly at the armorer.
Jun 2, 2015 2:06 am
Taachi

You notice a preoccupied business man fumbling with something in his hands from the distance. The crowd could serve useful in masking your attempt to and from him but it is a decently far walk (20-30 seconds) from where you stand. There seems to be some sort of puch around his waist and what appears to be some case at his side. It might be a bit difficult but you realize this is about as good as a shot as you have.

Dominador

He looks at the items and spits to the side

"Aye the price may be fair but I have no use for that axe. Take it to the smelter or something and maybe they can make some use out of it. Now that beastskin of yours I can take off of your hands for 3 shins. I could use it for some spare parts thats for sure"

Albus gazes into your eyes in a similar fashion. If there was one thing about this man that you could tell from, its that he drives a hard bargain.

"So we gotta deal? Ive got work to get back to for a paying customer"
Jun 2, 2015 2:19 am
"GUARDS!!! TO ME!!! THIEVES!!!" I bellow and attempt to duck under the ambusher's blow and continue on to ram the creepy man with the weird stare.

Rolls

Evade (add effort: speed) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 2, 2015 3:45 am
"No hurry, man. Lets get closer. We want something easy. Something out from hands. Something what is not being held, something i could substitute with illusion." - he thought to himself, and moved closer for better analysis. Just into the crowd.

Switching Flex skill to Stealing
Last edited June 2, 2015 3:48 am
Jun 2, 2015 9:43 am
"... Fair enough. Three it is."

I fork over the beast skin for the shins. I look about but disdain armor. The man's craft is for the weak anyway. If you are unable to avoid the blows in the first place you deserve to be hit. I remember my master teaching me that lesson countless times. I pocket the three shin and head back into the market. While the smelter is one idea, I'd rather the puny folk that need a weapon have one. I head next door and see if I can't pawn this bladed hunk of steel to the weaponsmith.
Jun 2, 2015 6:25 pm
Heiro

You attempt to dodge as you hear his footsteps behind you but it isnt quick enough. The club doesnt get a full contact on you but its enough to incapacitate you as you fall dazed to the ground. Everything is starting to become echoey and blurred. You feel yourself being picked up by the man with the red stripe. He looks at you and in your blurred vision his eyes still find a way to you. The old lady seems to be standing behind him as well. After a couple of seconds you feel yourself slammed up next to a wall while your hearing gradually begins to come back.

"The poor fool didn't know what hit him" says one voice you cant discern its location.

"We don't have time, guards are coming. Get what you need and lets go" hissed the lady. Her appearance rapidly changes to in your dazed stupor you conceive as a woman of marvelous beauty with long brown hair.

You feel your pockets and gear being searched through. Rations and other supplies being thrown about while they search for something.

"Ah ha! Here it is" smiles the man with the red stripe in a harsh raspy voice.

A couple of shins from your belongings fall out on the ground. The mysterious voice appears as a small pale man with sunken black eyes and arms disproportionate to his body. He begins to pick up the lost shins. His sick smile appears to you.

"Your usefulness has run its course" says the man with the red stripe. "Lets get rid of him for good so he doesnt turn up"

He pulls out a mace of his own and cocks up a swing when you hear the rushing of footsteps and loud shouting from guardsman. You are immediately dropped as the three run away to elude the guards. Passing out for a bit you wake up leaned up against a wall with some guards around you. An apothecary from nearby has a wrap around your head. His eyes meet yours and it shocks him slightly.

"OH my uh. You seem to be awake. Take it easy there sir you took a nasty blow. What were you doing with those folk anyway?"

Awarded 1 XP plus 1 given to another player of your choice.

The metal badge you were given is now lost for the time being.

4 Shins were also lost in the affair.

All damage that was taken has been worked on by the apothecary with the exception of the points used for effort.

-----------------------

Taachi

You try to get closer but with your attention being paid towards the man you cant help but to keep running into others. The man is still standing there with the case by its side. Perhaps you may attempt to steal it. Hes kind of looking around infront of him but the man isnt paying a lot of attention to his case.

You dont seem to notice any guards around for the time being. The man is about 20 feet away from you at this point as you begin to size him up.

Dominador

You walk into the weaponsmiths shop and notice its actually relatively packed with people. There are several workers here that seem to be commanded by a small but wrinkly lady in the back.

"Reginald, Order 226 is over there by the windows. Go and take those to the arena. she bellows out to a worker. Another set of guards come in keen to pick up an order for swords that had been placed. She sees you while writing down something and puts down her parchment before addresing you.

"Yes you is there anything I can help you with. Make it quick I've got a lot of stuff to do today"
Jun 2, 2015 8:01 pm
Taachi getting close to the man, with his intense stare concentrating on the case. He moves his palms and creates duplicate illusion of the case using his will. The illusion is closer to the man abit than original.

Taachi casts Minor Illusion, no int cost due 1 Int Edge.

Then he swiftly seizes the real case and quickly, but without creating any unwanted attention, moves out, leaving illusion case standing in place of the real one for few seconds more till he leaves 3 meters distance from the man, He heads to south of the city, looking for some darkier corner between buildings.
Last edited June 2, 2015 8:26 pm

Rolls

Steal (Trained + Illusion Duplicate = -2 difficulty?) - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jun 3, 2015 4:56 am
"It was a trap." I say ruefully, shaking the cobwebs from my head. "Figured it was. Dove into it anyway. They took a mining company badge. Sounded as if they were looking for it. I wonder why..?" My thought trails off as I look at the azure bauble still in my hand.

I look at the apothecary and grin. "Where can I found out more about this pretty little thing?"

I award Dominador my other XP for his exploration
Jun 3, 2015 2:46 pm
I hold out my greataxe. "I have no need for this. It is of regular craft but useless to me. Give me 3 shin for it and I will be on my way." There is much more going on here than everywhere I have been today. The people burst in and out, workers filling orders. The excitement is usually an excuse to hide things, at least such has been in my experience. This weaponsmith, I can tell that with an enterprise this big, she must hold some sway in this town. I look around and look at her while she considers my offer.

"You make weapons with zeal. Are you preparing for a war?"

Rolls

Basic Situational awareness - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Details of Fay - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Gather information (why are they making so many weapons?) - (1d20-3)

(10) - 3 = 7

Jun 3, 2015 6:11 pm
Arret & Halal

Oliver begins to examine the cypher. He flicks down multitude of spectacles to look at the device.

"Yes yes ive seen something similar to this before but where? Hmm. Possibly a tweak here and a tweak there and oh my! yes! Say what will it take to get this from you? Some shinies?

As you contemplate his offer he begins to marvel at the cypher some more.

For the record unless I explicitly mention it Newtons gizmos are not counted as cyphers nor do they count towards the cypher limit

-----------------------------------

Taachi

Acting casually and steering clear of guards as to not generate suspicion you start walking with the case towards the southern district of town. You see the ray of sun that shines into the Faladon arena and if it werent for all of the common chatter around you the sounds of swords clanging would be heard.

You notice a residential area thats a bit less crowded than the rest of town and make your way over there. Seeing an alley that has nobody in it you begin to walk down it making sure to look around you to check for anyone on your tail. Nothing really catches your eye and you continue down the alley. It gets a little dark but theres some worn out azure baubles that give a very dim bluish glow to the ground.

-----------------

Heiro

The apothecary squints at you confusingly.

"You mean an azure bauble? Look around, theyre everywhere"

He points and as you look up you notice hundreds if not thousands of these baubles on the buildings and in lights around the city. The city's blue glow is attributed by them. Those baubles are considerably more bright than the one in your hand and the apothecary mustve noticed that.

"That one right theres a dead one, they only last for so long before they dim out like that. They're all over the place, dead ones. Not worth much I reckon but im a medic not a geologist"

"If you wanted to know more about them Johanaves might be able to help or you can check the hall. They got a couple of writings on them I think"
he says as he finishes tending to your wounds.

One of the guards comes up to you, he seems to be the highest ranking of the present guards.

"You said they took the badge? You realize that gets you clearance into the depths right? I wonder why they want in there so bad given the disappearances. Can you tell me anything more about them?"

Dominador

with a flick of her finger a worker comes by and gives him the 3 shins. He takes the axe into the backroom and comes back out not any later than 10 seconds after the snap of her finger.

"Preparing for war? Absolutely not. Its just the nature of my job. With the arena calling for so many blades I have to work this quickly. Plus those damned guards don't know how to sharpen a blade if it meant saving their lives"

She does another snap of her fingers and another worker comes by to you with a couple weapons in hand.

"See anything you like? I make weapons with zeal yes but they are also the finest you'll come by in Faladon thats for sure. I've been supplying weapons for the last 20 years. Haven't seen your face now that I think about it. You from around here?"
Jun 3, 2015 6:16 pm
Taachi puts the case, click with his fingers, and makes the case change color, enforcing black color on him with some Seskii paw pattern.

Taachi casts Hedge Magic on the Case.

Then he tries to open it, hoping it is not closed.

Is it closed or opened, should i roll?

Btw where do Taachi lives, i mean where is residential area in the city for game's characters. Is it inn or something?
Jun 3, 2015 9:03 pm
Arret drums his fingers against his cheek

I suppose we may be able to agree to some sort of price

Rolling to get more shins for my cypher out of Oliver, with effort spent to lower the difficulty

Rolls

Bartering - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 4, 2015 12:29 am
"Not especially. A long time ago I was from Milave but haven't seen that land in many, many years." I look at the proferred selection of weapons and wrinkle my nose behind my mask. I hope my disdain doesn't show but after many years, I know I am bad at this type of thing. "I'm sorry. These are . . . not my style. I have spent the better part of my life turning my body into one of these." He gestures towards one of the swords. "I am more a weapon than I am a man."
Jun 4, 2015 2:03 am
Halál, while impressed with the theory of what he sees, isn't sure how well any of these devices would actually work. When it appears that the shopkeep has a moment for a question he'll quickly interrupt and ask, "It appears that some of these devices are damaged, what happened to them?"
Last edited June 4, 2015 2:03 am
Jun 4, 2015 3:42 am
Taachi

The residential areas are tall building meant to house a lot of families at once. Think of them as tall apartment buildings. They are usually very densely put near each other in Faladon and built up high so they can maximize residency while minimizing size. The case was closed too

You open the case easy enough with a click. Inside of the case appears to be some papers which look like they pertained to the business the man was working with. Nothing too out of the ordinary, just some finance info and order numbers. There's also a note which you assume to be written by his significant other in there. Lastly in there is a device that appears to be keeping time much like a watch but with a bit more intriciacies to it such as a countdown to the 7th day in Faladon. Each 7th day is like a sabbath day in Faladon which is cultivated by the fights in the arena It's made out of a blend of synth metal and something else from what you can tell. Two shins also drop from the case as you scrounge through it.

Arret & Halal

Well name your price yes yes. A baby like this shall not go underpaid. Hmm yes yes 12 shins ought to do it yes?

Oliver quickly turns and hmms a weird impatient tone as he hears halal asking their question.

"My babies are not damaged, more or less tinkered with. Just dont touch my babies the wrong way or call them names and my children do marvelous things. Take Ol' Bally here for example. Zaps em up real quick but if you look at him the wrong way he will zap you just as quick yes yes"

Oliver turns back to Arret now and flicks off his layers of spectacles.

"So 12 shins yes yes?"

-----------------------

Dominador

"meh" says Fay and with another snap the workers scurry away.

"I know your type. They're not good for business thats for sure. So whats a weapon such as yourself doing around town in Faladon? Im sure you havent come for the sunlight havent you?" She is very good at multitasking from what you can tell because as she is making conversation with you she is signing a form brought up by another worker and beginning to work on a pile of swords that need to be sharpened on a whetstone.
Jun 4, 2015 3:51 am
"12 shins is perfectly fine, and calling them names...accidental voice activation perhaps?"

A fine sum of money and I didn't even need to punch myself in the face to get it. :p
Last edited June 4, 2015 3:53 am
Jun 4, 2015 4:43 am
Schauer says:
The apothecary squints at you confusingly.

"You mean an azure bauble? Look around, theyre everywhere"

He points and as you look up you notice hundreds if not thousands of these baubles on the buildings and in lights around the city. The city's blue glow is attributed by them. Those baubles are considerably more bright than the one in your hand and the apothecary mustve noticed that.

"That one right theres a dead one, they only last for so long before they dim out like that. They're all over the place, dead ones. Not worth much I reckon but im a medic not a geologist"

"If you wanted to know more about them Johanaves might be able to help or you can check the hall. They got a couple of writings on them I think"
he says as he finishes tending to your wounds.

One of the guards comes up to you, he seems to be the highest ranking of the present guards.

"You said they took the badge? You realize that gets you clearance into the depths right? I wonder why they want in there so bad given the disappearances. Can you tell me anything more about them?"
As the apothecary finishes his ministrations I stand and address the guard sergeant. "3 of them. The woman was a shapechanger who lured me into the alley in the guise of an old woman who was the victim of a crime. The only one I got a good look at was the one with the piercing eyes. Gave me an odd feeling as he stared at me, might be a nano or possibly another creature in disguise. Myself and a few others are going down to the depths in a few hours to search for your missing miners, so I'll need another clearance badge. Direct me. I'll get another, then I have questions for this geologist."

I pop the azure bauble into my pouch.

After I get some direction on where to get another badge, Heiro will make his way to the geologist, with a brief stop to pick something up at the local food stand. If they have something that can be used as rations, I'll pick up a couple more days worth.
Jun 4, 2015 4:54 am
Taachi swiftly assimilates shins and device, adding them to the collection of his own possessions, takes note and reads it.
With that, he starts to whistle old lovely tune from song about how it's good to be rich, one he learned many years ago and loved so much.
Last edited June 4, 2015 7:15 am
Jun 4, 2015 6:10 pm
Introducing Thom

You stand at the desk of your guard captain Lev'an Marshall. He is going through what appears to be legal paperwork and has a bag near his desk.

"Unbelievable!" He slams his hands on the table.

"We hire this guy for a job and he cant keep himself out of pubs and out of trouble for more than hour. With one of our employees being dropped from this mission mayor Bauxtapau has required me to fill the hole with yet another guard under my command. I know you weren't my first choice Thom but this seems like its perfect for you."

He gives you a confident smile before addressing the paperwork at hand.

"Basically your job is to go down into the depths with the rest of the 2nd search party and find out what's going on down there and why all of our people are going missing in there. You're going to be under the command of Faladon Mining Company for however long they may need you. The first thing it seems theyre askng for is to get the power situation down there repaired so that we can continue on since communications and most shaft systems are down."

He tosses a bag to you, in it is 10 shins and a badge.

"Youre going to need that badge and think of the shins as an advance payment. You'll get a lot more down the road if everything goes smoothly. The rest of the search party should be back here in a couple of hours so in the meantime you are dismissed"

Heiro

The guard furiously writes down the information you give him. He seems to look at it for a bit and recall something hes seen before by the expression on his face but it seems as though it's a losing battle

"It doesnt match any reports we've gotten so far. Possibly a new criminal group. You said you're going down there in a couple of hours? If you see them we'd like them brought back alive if you're able to."

"As for the badge just go back up north from where you came from. Explain the situation to the captain and he will sort it out. Take it slow though, that was a nasty blow to your head"

You begin to walk away from the buildings and start to head on North hoping you might find a food stand of some sort before heading to the geologist. You cross a stand where an old man is selling bread. He looks up at you with eyes that are sunken in with age and squinty.

"My bread was made just this morning! Here try a piece! he says with a smile as he pulls off a piece of one of his open loaves and hands it to you.

Taachi

With the mans goods being taken you start to read the note. The note is a bit lovey dovey in its nature but the lady, which you presume to be the wife or significant other is reminding him to pick up some bread on his way home and that she left some shins in the case for him to get some. You sit in the alley whistling to yourself for the duration of this.

From here you may choose to go back and wait until the rest of the party is finished or you may still travel around town
Jun 4, 2015 6:15 pm
"Say, Oliver, while I'm here, you need any help around the shop before me and my friend depart?"
Jun 4, 2015 9:19 pm
"Small gain, but no pain" - said Taachi to himself, rippping all the papers into small small pieces.
"Two shins, some watch thingy. Already something. It's good to know when to stop."

He left case in the valley, and went home, entered his apartment, and pulled watch out and started to examine it.

Rolls

Examination of the Watch thingy - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 4, 2015 11:11 pm
Hal, still not entirely convinced that most of what he is looking it isn't just plain junk, simply smiles and nods at Oliver as Arret offers to help around the shop. "If you need something done quick, we'd be glad to help."
Jun 4, 2015 11:45 pm
"Until very recently I worked at the Dragon's Breath. Of course I hope to continue my employ there once I return but I am heading into the mines actually. I am part of a team looking for the lost party." I watch her steadily to see if she reacts to the news.

Is that a social roll or a perception roll? One I am trained in, the other I have an inabilty in. I'll roll a 20, you decide.

Rolls

Notice - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jun 5, 2015 12:32 am
Arret & Halal

"Voice activation? no no. Think less science and more of friend. Technology is friend and if you are not friends with technology then technology hurts you very much yes yes"

Oliver makes various hums and oos as he examines the Still Field belt he had purchased from Arret. A machine rolls upfront and takes the belt from Oliver and sends it to the back room to be worked on. It seemed like a trivial piece of equipment but the intelligence of the craft to know to come out and take the device and then put it in the back for tinkering is a bit appalling to you both..

"mmph help?! no no I have no need for help. I must work with my new friend here. Much thanks for the beauty" he says as he smiles to Arret and Halal before retreating into the back room.

------------------------------------
Taachi

As you examine the device you realize that it is purely meant for keeping time. The design on it suggests it depicts the time of day by the color on the watch. Being in between afternoon and evening the clock has a deep bluish color to it. On the bottom is a rotating piece of metal that is currently on "4th day". Periodically there is a loud obnoxious click to it that suggests it may be partially broken though it seems as though that time is still being kept properly on the device.

Dominador

Reading social reactions, emotions, and features will be counted as a social roll. For this case it would be moot either way due to the roll

She doesnt seem to make any sort of special reaction and in your mind is acting 100% normal.

"Its a shame so many people hae been lost down there. I know when its time to call it as you see it and if you ask me them missing folk are sure as dead down there. They havent even been sending any food rations down there on the chance they are surviving. Makes me lucky I have a job like this sometimes"

There is a loud crash into the back and you can hear the sounds of swords falling. Hearing this Fay puts her hand on her face and bellows out "YOU IDIOTS DONT DAMAGE THE BLADES" and she begins storming to the back but before she goes out of sight she mentions to you "Hey by the way I know you're not going down there alone. Tell your friends to stop by if they are looking for the finest selection of weapons Faladon has to offer" before retreating to the back to scold the workers.
Jun 5, 2015 12:54 am
Arret turns to Halal and speaks.

"I think the shopkeep will be indisposed for a while, think we should leave for now, come back later?"
Jun 5, 2015 1:28 am
Schauer says:
"My bread was made just this morning! Here try a piece! he says with a smile as he pulls off a piece of one of his open loaves and hands it to you.
I look the bread over and it looks alright, eat it and smile "Well old friend, I'll give you 3 shins for 2 days worth of bread and dried meat if you have it."
Jun 5, 2015 1:46 am
"I think you're correct, we'd best be off. I wonder if there's a place to grab a cheap meal here?"
Jun 5, 2015 9:06 am
I bring my fingers to my forehead in a half salute as I head out the door. I know that this mission will be dangerous. I want to get a sense of the people that I am trying to find. Maybe get inside their head. I know that they have a vigil for them over at the Memorum.

"Perhaps someone has left some clues to their lives there." I think to myself as I trudge through the town.
Last edited June 5, 2015 9:06 am
Jun 5, 2015 4:25 pm
Thom scribbles his name, catches the bag of shins and looks across at captain Lev'an Marshall, a smile breaking across Thom's usually dour bearded face. He looks at the captain for a few seconds, in that disconcerting way which captain Marshall is now used to - as if the glaive were looking at a point several feet behind your head, looking through you. Thom salutes and grunts appreciatively. Captain Marshall waves him away with the clipboard. Thom carefully stows his pouch in a different part of his backpack from his other shins and then goes out into the street, wincing slightly against the artificial light of the cave.

He heads across the road to the general stores (6), and without saying hello he motions up at the goods he wants, holding up fingers for the amount.

"Rations," (two fingers), "torches" (four fingers)

Are the prices as per the Corebook?

He waits patiently for the goods, and when he gets them examines them closely and silently to check the quality before paying.
Last edited June 5, 2015 4:28 pm
Jun 5, 2015 4:39 pm
Taachi puts the watch into his backpack, it could be useful in the mission he took in order to collect more shins for his aim. H checked his equipment and went to rest, in order to wake up refreshed. He might need alot of stamina in his trip. He may be will hop to general store to take some extra supplies, but that is not mandatory. The group is big, and he is nice fella and knows how to ask stuff if he needs something.
He also thought about curvy ladies. Nah, later. Perhaps the mission group will have some curvy ones.
Last edited June 5, 2015 4:58 pm
Jun 5, 2015 5:02 pm
Making a recovery roll, because, why not?

Rolls

1d6+1

(1) + 1 = 2

Jun 5, 2015 7:35 pm
Arret & Halal you are free to continue dialogue and determine what you are going to do next

Heiro

The old man smiles but holds up 4 fingers to show you his desired price for the goods. The bread has a honey-like taste to it thats actually rather delicious to you as you eat it.

"Four of them friend and the bread is yours" he says as another customer begins to purchase some bread from him. From the speed of the transaction and the smiles it looks like he has some recurring customers.

------------------------------

Thom
Most prices yes but I will change them as I see fit

As you enter the general store and give your order an employee brings up the requested goods. 4 Torches that are all made in rather the same fashion without any remarkable differences in them. The rations are brought next and are dried pieces of meat. They look well preserved and should be filling once consumed.

"That'll be 6 shins sir" says the clerk as she smiles a bit impatiently at you.

Dominador

As you trudge through town you begin to ask some passerby's where you could find anything out about them. You are told that there is a memorial set up for the lost near the arena. After about 20 minutes of walking you eventually find the memorial for the lost. A trio of faladus baubles is placed at the top of the memorial site and its calming hum soothes you tothe point of nearly no emotion except for calmness and happiness. From there is a couple of gifts and trinkets left by the lost people's families. Some are around grieving but the rest stop by just to offer condolence to the families or to leave a gift.

Taachi

Your eyes begin to close and you manage to fall asleep, intending on being a fresh as possible for when you are needed in a couple of hours. Your dreams of curvy ladies subside as you sleep and begin to rest your eyes.

You may wait indefinitely until the rest of the group or wake up whenever you want to. The choice is yours

Tentative Ready Checklist

Arret
Halal
Dominador
Thom
Taachi ✔
Heiro
Jun 6, 2015 1:22 am
I flip the old man 4 shins for a couple more days worth of food, wave and move on down the road.

Maybe this geologist has some useful insight on what's going on around here," I think, and make my way to his shop.
Jun 6, 2015 2:12 am
"Care to grab a bite to eat before we die horribly in the mines?"

Me and Halal should probably travel together, lest our badges get stolen and our heads beaten in.
Jun 6, 2015 7:47 am
I sit under silent green glow of the Falladus baubles and meditate for a long moment. I don't know how many minutes pass before I open my eyes again. I reset my subconcious to recieve and stare at the possessions before, the trinkets left for the dead. I pore over every facet, every nuance. What types of things they are says much. Tools or toys say much different things then weapons and armor. Material components can indicate wealth or poverty. Small nicks and scratch indicate different types of wear and tear. Every object tells a story.

I turn each item over in my head and try to glean from them the details of the lives of those that were lost.

I use effort on each roll.
Last edited June 6, 2015 7:49 am

Rolls

Identifying the objects outside of baubles and flowers (trained + effort) - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Notcing any important small details that would help figure out who they were (t+e) - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Jun 6, 2015 4:08 pm
Thom counts the shins out, and stares at the shopkeeper in his disconcerting way before packing the torches and rations and leaving the shop. He exhales and his lips move, as if he meant to say thank you but no sound emerges, and he leaves the store.

As a guardsman Thom knows Faladon well, and will only stop if he has to intervene in any blatantly criminal act. He wishes to buy a grappling hook and 12 more bolts for his crossbow, and then return to his bunk in the guard's sleeping quarters to have a nap before the expedition.

If I can get the goods without any incidents, then I am ready to go.
Last edited June 6, 2015 4:09 pm
Jun 6, 2015 6:03 pm
"Yes, a meal sounds good. Wouldn't want to die without food in my belly."

Hal will head with Arret to the nearest eating establishment.
Jun 7, 2015 12:15 am
Heiro

You reach the geologist's place. For a scientist it's actually rather well kept and not disorganized with research. Inside the shop you find many different colored rocks, baubles, and gems perhaps from the depths of Faladon. A dark skinned man with long braided hair is examining the properties of a violet bauble with a cyan center and holding it with gloves.

"Ah welcome visitor to welcome to my shop. The names Johanaves. Say, what can I do for you?"

He puts the bauble into a container with water. As soon as the bauble touches the water it immediately is surrounded by flames as it submerges into the canister.

Arret & Halal

Looking to get a full stomach before going into the depths you decide to find some place to eat. After a bit of walking you end up at the pub near the Faladon Arena called The Precipice. Its not nearly as big as the other pubs but it's got a more homely feel to it. In the center of the pub is a pile of Acadius Baubles in a pit together. The heat they are generating fills the hall with enough warmth. You pick an open table and sit down. A short stubbly lady comes out from behind the counter and reaches your table.

"You two look like you need some meat on those bones! What are we getting for you today?"

Thom

You manage to pick up the rest of your goods with ease while dropping 8 shins for the materials you could find. It took awhile for the shopkeep to find a grappling hook as they were under the impression that they were out of them. Afterwards you start to head back towards the guards post hoping to sleep a little bit before you are needed later. You get back and set aside your recently purchased goods and begin to drift off to sleep awaiting when you are needed.

Dominador

You notice the other objects are just homesakes brought to by the families. You can tell its probably things that the lost had liked. There is a loaf of bread near the memorial that suggests either one of them was a baker or perhaps they had a favorite stand to get food from. Another set of rocks left by suggest one of the missing was a collector of the various mine-able materials found here. They probably were a fan of the local geologist's work. Otherwise the stuff doesnt seem that much out of the ordinary. You can tell that the first search party was a voluntary operation rather than one people were hired for. The lost vary in range and gender. Some as young as their late teens others in their late 60's.

Tentative Ready Checklist

Arret
Halal
Dominador
Thom ✔
Taachi ✔
Heiro
Jun 7, 2015 12:26 am
Well, if we need meat on these bones of ours, then how about some meat for me?! I'll take whatever you got, rare.
Jun 7, 2015 1:47 am
"Indeed, sir, I came to ask about this bauble. It doesn't seem special to me, maybe you can tell me about it. Also, what do you know about the missing miners? Do you know of anyone else who may want to go down there, bad enough to kill someone for a mining company badge?"
Jun 7, 2015 2:28 pm
Try as he might, Thom cannot sleep. This is what he has been waiting for ever since he came to Faladon - a chance to explore the dark caves beyond. He pulls himself out of bed and makes his way to the one place in town which is his surrogate for actually exploring - the Hall where he can read about the caves and the rocks and baubles to be mined there. Although the librarian couldn't believe that the monosyllabic glaive could even read the first time he visited, he has since become a regular reader there, his Mystical nature helping to fill in some of the gaps of his education. This part of him draws him towards reading about baubles and numenera which have been found in the mines, and it is this he now wants to read about. His mind on his current mission, he collects the most recent publications and starts looking through what has come out of the mines in recent weeks and months, imagining himself in those dark caverns as he soon will be. Sweat beads on his brow as he does so. Though the subject is interesting for him, the act of studying really is a struggle.

Sorry to go back on what I said, but it occured to me that Thom might actually have this interest, and I wanted to do my bit for party exploration!

Rolls

Research on recent numenera / bauble finds. Trained in numenera. One level of effort - (1d20+6)

(16) + 6 = 22

Jun 7, 2015 4:17 pm
"Aneen steak, if you have it, but unlike my friend here, I would like mine cooked a bit longer."

As Hal makes a bit of small talk with the waitress, he scans the room, looking for anything that may be out of place.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jun 7, 2015 11:47 pm
Arret will give the place a quick Scan while he's waiting on the order.

1 int point from my pool spent with the edge
Jun 8, 2015 2:06 am
I don't know what I came here to find. Looking at the items, I can tell there are more people down there than I originally suspected. Theyr are also of all sorts. Probably caring folk. Caring folk that haven't eaten in some time. Caring folk that are probably injured. I can't think of what else I can do here but prepare for the journey. I ask for strength at the memorial from the assembled items.

I then head to the general store. I buy a grappling hook, a first aid kit, and x4 more days worth of rations spending the last of my shin. I don't think four days extra a food will be enough but it may be something. After that, I head back to my place to sleep a bit before I head to the Dragon's Breath one last time.

I buy the list of items for what should be 21 shin. I want to rest until evening and then head to the Dragon's Breath for a fight. That can happen off screen unless you want to play it out. If you don't, I'm done and will meet back at the guardhouse after a simple fight to let off some steam.
Jun 8, 2015 5:08 pm
Arret & Halal

"Right, two aneens steaks with one still bloody and running away. Ill have those up for you guys in a bit. Let me know if you need anything

The woman begins to walk away as Arret scans the room. Theres a couple of patrons in the pub as well as various metals from the china and rocks from the building material and other furniture. the patrons are in mainly groups of 2-4 with a couple of lone drinkers.

Halal begins looking around the area and notices nothing too out of place. The cook appears to have his hands full while you are chatting up the woman because she wasnt attending the rest of the pub. As she walks back you can hear him saying to her "I realize you're just being nice and making small talk but we're short today so you gotta work quick."

After awhile of small talk to you the woman returns to you with your steaks. Even though the cook was in a rush the steaks appear to be well cooked, especially the rare steak which seems to be perfectly done.

------------------------------------

Heiro

Johanaves motions you over to him and to give him the bauble. He looks at it for a couple of moments before tossing it into a container.

"Ah yes that is but an Azure Bauble. Its a pretty common stone. Thats ones a dead one which is why I did you the favor of tossing it out. They're worth basically nothing after theyve served their use for lighting. You can find those all over the place down here."

Johanaves opens another container and hands you a fresh Azure bauble. This one shines much brighter than the other one. This one has a piercing blue glow thats almost painful to look directly into whereas the dud one was a translucent clear crystal with a hint of blue coming from the center.

"I don't know much about the miners. Sad story I agree but my work is dedicated to the rocks and not who digs them up. I also don't know why anyone would want to steal the badge but to go down there and hunt for the more rarer baubles" he says as he begins to scratch his brow.

Thom

After what seemed like hours of digging up publications and figuring out which ones had to be false and which ones that just might be true youve come up with a pair of things rumored to have been seen or rumored to be down in the depths of the caves that have a decent level of plausibility to them.

You read a story about a pair of a cherry blossom set of baubles down in the depths. Every time a miner has scene them they usually go to show their superior (stealing from the depths is a serious crime where as mining it out with permission grants you a lot of shins so its not normally worth the effort to steal) and when they return with said supervisor they find that the baubles have gone missing. It seems as though every time they are documented their location has changed.

You read another story about a black gem with a red center in it. Normally no one would believe a story that said the rock produced voices whenever you were near it but being mystical you feel as though there is a certain level of truth to something like this. The voices appear to be evil in intent from which the writings have shown.

Dominador

After spending the 21 shins you head back to your place to have a rest. Conveniently for you your room happens to be a couple buildings away from the Dragons Breath. As you head to the door to your place you hear the familiarity of the pub youve worked at for awhile now and it calms your unease a little. You tell yourself that you will visit it once more before heading into the depths to take a little bit of it in with you before trekking somewhere much more unfamiliar.

You may wake up whenever or you may visit the Dragons Breath on your way back to the guards place. Its up to you.
Jun 9, 2015 2:06 am
Schauer says:

"I don't know much about the miners. Sad story I agree but my work is dedicated to the rocks and not who digs them up. I also don't know why anyone would want to steal the badge but to go down there and hunt for the more rarer baubles" he says as he begins to scratch his brow.
My face hardens a bit. "Tell me about these 'rare' baubles. I would know more about my enemy."
Jun 9, 2015 4:56 pm
Everything seems to be in order so Arret promptly begins to dig in.

"omnomnomnomnomnom"
Jun 9, 2015 7:10 pm
Just a quick not everyone im going to try to wrap up the town exploration for now. Unless you absolutely need supplies where you're at now is the last place youre visiting until we get back unless you absolutely need something like supplies or what not. We are going to try to do a limit of visiting 2 places max in between town and the depths that way people can explore while also keeping the game thread as easy flowing as possible
Jun 9, 2015 10:11 pm
Halál, feeling bad that the women he was chatting with got a minor talking too from the boss, finishes up the meal and leaves a 2 shin tip.
Jun 10, 2015 1:02 am
Schauer says:
Just a quick not everyone im going to try to wrap up the town exploration for now. Unless you absolutely need supplies where you're at now is the last place youre visiting until we get back unless you absolutely need something like supplies or what not. We are going to try to do a limit of visiting 2 places max in between town and the depths that way people can explore while also keeping the game thread as easy flowing as possible
That's cool. Good. If you want to just get me from the geologist's place to the guard station so I can get a new badge I'm ready to roll.
Jun 10, 2015 1:14 am
Thom looks up from his documents and realizes by the illumination in the cave outside that he has been here longer than he thought. He puts the papers into a neat stack, and hands them back to the archivist with a nod and a grunt. Heading outside, he makes his way back to the guardhouse.
Jun 10, 2015 6:11 pm
Alright ill be wrapping everyone up here and getting to where everyone is back at the guard house

Heiro

"Too many to tell you about. Youll know them when you see them though" he says with a smile. He moves over to another canister and takes out a bauble that is a bright yellow that makes a low hum to it. An orange smoke permeates off of it as well when exposed to the air.

"You're one of the search party people yes? If you find anything down there dont hesitate to bring it to me for experimentation" he says with a smile as you leave the shop. You reach the guardsplace where you are supposed to meet up and are the first to arrive out of the search party. You notice Adonis,Bellatrix,and Selphon are just behind you. It takes about 10 minutes and is pretty painless but they finally get you a new badge.

--------------------

Arret & Halal

As you leave the establishment well fed (And subtracting 2 shins from Arret and 4 from Halal which Ive done for you you realize that you are right on schedule to be heading back to the guard station. Youre the next set of people to arrive and you pass by heiro whose heads a little busted and is talking with a woman to get a new badge. You may your way into the meeting room and notice the twins and Bellatrix are already here.

Dominador and Taachi

You wake up a little bat late. After awhile of getting ready and packing your things you realize there just isnt enough time to visit the Dragons Breath one more time. After taking one final look at it you begin your way to the guard station. Along the way you bump into Taachi who was also making his way to the station. He is whistling some tune you havent heard of before and you two end up just walking together to reach the guard station.

-----------------------------------------------
Thom

You quickly make your way to the guard house. You know your way around the streets of Faladon pretty well due to being a guard yourself you could afford to be as late as you are. You manage to reach the house just as Heiro finishes up getting his badge and you too exchange acknowledging looks before entering the room together.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As you all sit down and begin talking you notice the disappearance of Yasin and the appearance of Thom. Before one of you could ask Captain Marshall makes his way into the room

"Good, im glad you guys could be punctual and make this job a bit easier. As you can tell we have a new face in here for the Job. Your other colleague has decided that he would rather spend time in our cells than the depths making good shins. Thom's a guard of mine and will be accompanying you guys on this mission just as Yasin would."

The room turns their heads to acknowledge Thom before looking back at Captain Marshall.

"Alright. So first things first we need to get the power back on in the caves. They have a manual lift that can get you to the floor you need to be on to reach the power generator. From there on communication will be hard to transmit and it will be considerably dark down there. Should an event arise dont feel shame in making it back here in one piece. You're more good to us alive than dead."

"So if you dont mind lets start heading on over"

You all follow together as a group of 10. You leave the guard station and head south towards the Faladon mining buildings. You pass the area where Heiro was mugged and after about 10 minutes of walking you reach the depths where there are 4 workers getting ready to manually let you guys down into the caves using rope and metal pulleys. The rope appears to be very strong. The captain turns around and looks at all of you.

"This is where your job begins guys. Find any and all survivors you can and figure out whatever the hell is messing things up down there for them. Get that power back on too so communications will be up again. "

After shaking everyone's hand you all step onto the lift. It seems to be made of some sort of synth metal with rope being used to move you guys down into the depths. After you've all stepped foot onto the lift they begin to let you guys down. It progressively begins to get darker with only a couple of stray baubles around to light things up in the immediate area around you. It soon becomes even more dark as the lift gets surrounded by more rock. Some small chat is being made between you guys before the lift abruptly stops. Everyone begins to look around quickly and the talking has stopped. All of a sudden Bellatrix begins to panic.

"Piece of rotten junk. Those stupid miners probably got the rope jammed. Perhaps some encouraging movement will help"

She begins to jump up and down to try to knock the rope free. Soon, after watching Bellatrix carefully, Adonis and Selphon also begin to jump in time with her. After what appears to be 5-6 jumps by the three of them you hear a faint snapping noise. After a couple of seconds a piece of metal clangs onto the top of the lift. You all look up and notice it was one of the metal pieces holding the rope at the top of the lift. Just after you hear two more snaps and the Elevator begins to plummet to the ground.

Each player roll a might defense roll in order to brace the impact of the lift's descent.

Rolls

Might Defense Bellatrix - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Might Defense Adonis - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Might Defense Selphon - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 10, 2015 6:38 pm
Thom feels the lift floor beneath his feet, and gets ready to make a compensatory jump upon impact.

Thom will augment his might defence with his trained balancing and/or jumping if possible.

Rolls

Might defense (+balancing? +jumping?) - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Jun 10, 2015 6:54 pm
Taachi concentrates and catches momentum, preparing his body for impact. His nimble and flexible body, and his swift mind reacts in time. He smiles to himself and notes "Reaction and Presence. Swiftness. Precision. Serenity. Well done, Taachi", and starts to whistle that catchy tune again.
Last edited June 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Rolls

Might Defence - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 10, 2015 9:54 pm
I watch as the three jump up and down and think this will not end well. As the chains and supports snap at the top, I try to slow the fall of the great elevator.

Rolls

Might Defense - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jun 10, 2015 10:43 pm
"What the hell are those morons doi..... whoooaaaaa....."

Rolls

Might Defense - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jun 10, 2015 10:56 pm
Arret stares blankly at the three trying to kill everyone before he starts plummeting with the elevator.
Last edited June 10, 2015 10:57 pm

Rolls

Might Defense - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 11, 2015 2:34 am
"Look out!" I shout, holding on to Thom for extra support, bracing for impact.

Thom should get +1 to his roll for cooperating in Might action with Heiro due to Thom's Explores Dark Places bonus :)

Rolls

Might Defense (proficient in & +1 for cooperative action with Thom) - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Jun 11, 2015 2:51 am
The lift smashes into the ground with a mighty crash. And while it may not have been the biggest of falls (50 Feet) the impact and the cluttering of people on the lift makes it a dangerous fall. As it slams into the ground a heap of dust kicks up and some cries of pain are heard. Dominador tried to slow the fall but his efforts proved in vain and when the lift slammed into the ground he was knocked inadvertently out of the lift and onto the ground infront of them. Adonis and Selphon were both out of sync after the jumping that caused the break in the ropes to begin with and when it collided witht he ground the twins both were thrown into each other. Arret loses focus by staring at the twins and bellatrix and fails to brace for the landing properly sending him crumbling to the ground and the whiplash hurting his head a bit on the ground.

Dominador, Arret, Adonis, and Selphon all take 5 points of damage, reduced by armor

The dust settles a bit and you are left with a relatively dark passageway that leads forward. Bellatrix is the first to admit fault in her plan

"Great, I just got us trapped in here. Alright the first thing we need to do is get this power running. If I remember there is another lift somewhere in here but its automatic and not manual. Perhaps we can use that to make our escape"

Adonis and Selphon brush off their injuries and begin to regain there footing.

Ahead of you lays the dark path. Some Azure baubles that are nearing the end of their life cycle are dimly lighting the area but not enough for much benefit. Visibility is about 15-20 feet ahead of you. If you listen closely you dont hear much besides the sound of dust falling from the lift crash.
Jun 11, 2015 3:20 am
First I look around to take in my immediate surroundings and then close my eyes trying to hear anything that might be in the darkness around us.

Rolls

Perception to notice small details - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Jun 11, 2015 5:25 am
Dusting myself off I look sidelong and shake my head at the three stooges who caused this little 'accident' muttering "Idiots."

I unhitch my axe and feel the weight, ready to proceed ahead
Jun 11, 2015 6:27 am
Taachi clicks with his fingers and in the distance of one meter from the group, in dim light of dying azure bauble, three heads appear. they appeared for a moment and looked like heads of Bellatrix, Adonis and Selphon. And then, with fake low tone voice of Captain Marshall, they said in chorus : "Please excuse us for making dumb things and hurting your asses, lads. We won't do that again".
Then the heads disappeared and Taachi nodded, continuing to whistle that damn catchy tune.
Taachi uses Minor Illusion.
Last edited June 11, 2015 5:35 pm
Jun 11, 2015 2:37 pm
While rubbing his aching head Arret decides to scan the three jumpers really quick to see if their heads are full of rocks.

Yadda yadda, 1 int point spent, can't wait to have 2 edge so I can do this for free.
Jun 11, 2015 4:48 pm
Thom moves out of the lift, and trains his eyes and ears on the darkness, to see if there really is nothing more than falling dust. If so, he takes a minor glowglobe out of his pack and activates it, shedding light up to about 50 feet (15m) to see what else this reveals about the surroundings.

Minor glowglobe gives light for an hour.

Rolls

Search (trained) - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Listen (trained) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Jun 12, 2015 12:03 am
Halál sighs as he brushes himself off a bit. "I was really hoping we wouldn't die so soon into the job" he murmurs under his breath.
Jun 12, 2015 7:43 pm
As the illusions disappear the twins look a bit ticked but Bellatrix is the cooler of the three. "Yeah yeah we get it. we messed up. Only thing to do now is fix this and get out of here"

A quick scan shoes that their heads are normal though it doesnt seem to describe their lapse of better judgement. As Thom lights the globe your visibility improves quite a bit. But the path still leads forward for the time being.

"Come on" says Bellatrix. "No point in standing around here any longer than we have to"

Dominador searches around to see if their is anything worth the glimspe of the eye but nothing out of the oordinary sticks out to him as you move along the tunnel.

After about 5-10 minutes of walking forward you reach a medium sized clearing. Along woith azure baubles there is a pair of acadius baubles about 15 feet high up on the right side of the clearing. The glowglobe shines into the area and illuminates 3 paths that break off from this room other than the one you came from. There are two near eac other on the left and one on the right.

"Looks like we are at a fork here" mentions Bellatrix. "How do you guys want to proceed? We can either split up or just hunt down the generator together."
Jun 12, 2015 10:46 pm
"Yes, all those horror stories always end well when the group splits up."
Jun 12, 2015 11:52 pm
"Arret is right. We stick together. We will need all of our wits about us if there are any more... accidents."
Jun 13, 2015 11:00 am
Thom looks from Arret to Hiero. His eyes narrow and he nods. "Together. Me first." is his terse response.

He examines the openings of the three different ways carefully, trying to see if anything suggests the way to a power supply (wires in the darkness etc).
Last edited June 13, 2015 11:12 am

Rolls

(19) + 3 = 22

Jun 14, 2015 2:22 pm
Taachi wields his Crank Crossbow and follows the glaives of the groups, going behind them. He continues to whistle his tune and he seems to be very calm and in quite good mood.
Last edited June 14, 2015 2:24 pm
Jun 14, 2015 3:51 pm
Hal shrugs and puts his hands into his pockets. "I'll stick towards the rear, keep an eye on those morons that just about killed us", he thinks to himself as he falls in with the rest of the group.
Last edited June 14, 2015 3:52 pm
Jun 14, 2015 7:59 pm
As Thom begins to lead the group he starts to search the area for any signs. There appears to be wires coming from all 3 of the openings. It seems as though the 2 tunnels on the left have the most foot traffic by how smooth the ground is near them, the one on the right being a bit more rugged.

"Then lets choose one and go, the faster we get this done the faster we can get out of here. I don't like the feeling of this place" says Bellatrix. The area has an uneasy feeling to it. An area that used to be bustling with workers now left barren and almost completely silent with your voices bouncing off the barren earth
Jun 14, 2015 8:47 pm
"I recommend the leftmost path to start. Arret says
Last edited June 14, 2015 8:47 pm
Jun 14, 2015 9:21 pm
Taachi says "Cover won't hurt." and creates image of himself right before him and front-line glaives. The image is complete copy of himself and repeats all his movements. He is concentrated on it, walking in the middle of the party. He is wielding his crossbow, ready to switch his attention on any foe who may attack his frontline copy.
Taachi uses Minor Illusion
Last edited June 14, 2015 9:21 pm
Jun 14, 2015 10:32 pm
I nod and head down the leftmost passage, staying vigilant for what lies ahead, above and below.

Rolls

Searching - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Jun 15, 2015 3:25 am
Thom walks shoulder-to-shoulder with Heiro, old battle companions together, holding up the glow globe to aid the search, and straining his ears to hear any sounds in the darkness beyond.

Thom and Heiro get +1 when they cooperate on a task.

Rolls

Search (trained), cooperating with Hiero - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

(14) + 3 = 17

Jun 15, 2015 4:51 am
Dominador runs drag, acting as rearguard. He makes sure to keep his ears open and to glance back every few paces to make sure nothing sneaks up on the group. He keeps his mouth shut as he intersperses his wariness with observations of the other party members, especially Bellatrix and the twins.

...get the bad rolls out now I guess.
Last edited June 15, 2015 4:51 am

Rolls

Perception behind us - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jun 17, 2015 1:42 am
You guys walk for a bit before entering into another clearing of considerable size. Yuu notice the cavities where baubles were mined from here. This clearing seems to have been cleaned out. This time there are only two paths for you to choose from. Listening closely, Thom knows that from how his voice projects off the two possible ways to go that the left most passage is much more closer than the right.

"Do you hear something?" says Bellatrix as she observes you listening rather intently to the two openings.

While that is going on Dominador is a couple of feet behind the group bring the rear. He keeps looking behind him expecting something to jump out at them. He looks back a bit too much however and kicks a rock and begins to stumble. He catches himself before anything could happen but is still unable to notice anything peculiar behind them.

Taachis front line copy stops while they reach the clearing. It merely smiles ahead waiting to be commanded again.
Jun 17, 2015 5:12 pm
Thom keeps his ears and eyes open, and motions round to the left, nodding at Bellatrix and grunting, "Power?" He walks towards the leftmost exit, expecting the others to follow, fixed on what is ahead.
Last edited June 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Rolls

Search (trained), cooperating with Hiero - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

(5) + 3 = 8

Jun 17, 2015 9:00 pm
While the party decides which direction to go, Dominador breathes deeply. He looks around this clearing to see if there are any small clues that would discern a more actionable decision.

Rolls

Notice Small Details (Trained) - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Jun 17, 2015 11:55 pm
Heiro continues on, taking the leftmost passage with Thom, shoulder to shoulder, alert and searching for danger. He looks back briefly to make sure everyone is following them.

Edit: below roll should be at +1, cooperating with Thom
Last edited June 18, 2015 12:52 am

Rolls

Searching - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jun 18, 2015 8:52 pm
Taachi do not like mess. Crowded places. Corridors. He uses crowd only when he does his job, and even then, he just does it, carefully, precisely, and goes out. Stumbling in one narrow place is not good. He concentrates and forces his illusion to make big and wide movements with a hands, perhaps it could draw some attention is some crap will jump on the party from the darkness of tunnels. He adds the tune to that, so the illusion will hum the tune. Good compromise. Then he comforts his crossbow in his hands, in order to be fast and precise, if any need for that will arise.
Last edited June 18, 2015 8:54 pm
Jun 19, 2015 1:45 am
After about 5 minutes of walking or so you reach into a final clearing. This one sports some broken down mining machines that are worthless now. Some Azure and Acadius baubles are still in the walls as well as littered on the grown. The baubles on the grown however are glowing a different color. Almost as if a red tint were on them.

"Never seen baubles like that before. I wonder what they are" says Bellatrix as she rushes forward to see them out. Almost immediately as she gets there she screams.

"BLOOD! BLOOD EVERYWHERE!" she screams. At this point you all look around and in the darkness you notice the carcasses of people littered about the darker areas of the clearing. Something had murdered them. Bellatrix looks visably shaken as she surveys the area to see the mass of bodies in here.
Jun 19, 2015 2:28 am
I'm guessing Dominador saw nothing of interest in the second of these three clearings?
Jun 19, 2015 2:49 am
yes that would be correct I failed to mention it. There wasnt anything of much relevance in the area
Jun 19, 2015 3:56 am
"These bodies . . . nothing kills like this without leaving a sign. Roll over that body." pointing arbitrarily at one of the corpses while looking at the others. Dominador tries to pull it all in. "We need answers and the only people here to tell us what happened are these corpses. Work together and help each other. Find any clues you can."

Rolls

Finding Details (trained+effort) (+help? if anyone wants) - (1d20+6)

(11) + 6 = 17

Jun 19, 2015 4:12 am
Arret examines the bodies to try and determine what killed them.

Rolls

Examination - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Jun 19, 2015 3:00 pm
Halál slowly approaches one of the bodies as he removes his hands from his pockets. Kneeling down next to one of the bodies he extends his right hand and gently places his fingers on the bodies forehead. In a low voice he asks, "What did this to you?"

OOC: Hal is using his Speaker for the Dead ability for two Intellect points [-1 for edge]
Jun 19, 2015 5:46 pm
Thom searches the bodies methodically, looking for any telltale signs of the workings of numenera.

Rolls

(19) + 3 = 22

Numenera (trained) - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Jun 19, 2015 6:56 pm
"That what happens if people do crowded mess in dark tunnels" - Without paying attention Taachi told aloud things he was thinking about.
Then he started to scan the corpses, wounds in order to check what kind of damage they recieved and what killed them.

Rolls

Examination - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jun 20, 2015 4:03 am
As the others search the bodies for clues, Heiro leaves them to their grim work and keeps watch on the surrounding room and exit. "So many helpless dead left to rot. There is no reason for such brutality. Someone or something will answer for this," he murmurs softly.

Rolls

Perception, exit, roof, surrounding walls - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jun 21, 2015 3:24 pm
Dominador starts looking for specifics as to how these people were murdered. Their deaths appear to have been a brutal one from what you can tell. The bruising is deep in blue and purple and on some of them you can feel shattered bone under the skin. Some appear to have been delimbed to some extent. Whoever did this to them did not let them off easy. Arret also examines the bodies and figures that they were killed from blunt trauma rather than the maiming.

Halal closes his eyes as he asks his question and a voice begins to permeate in his head.

"Those unspeakable horrors... says the trembling voice. "Those beasts of scale and rock haunt me even into death".

Thom searches through the bodies and finds 4 shins in the process. Thom also find some of the badges of the people that were slain. These could possibly be used for identification later. He searches the bodies for evidence of numenera but determines that he could not find any and that what had slain them was purely physical of nature.

Perhaps medical examination isnt Taachi's strongest trait as he may not have needed it so much while in Faladon. He observes the damage on the bodies but for whatever reason it may be you are sorely convinced that this is a trick of some sort and that these bodies were laid here as some sort of distraction.

Heiro begins to look around the layout of the room. You begin to notice patches of soft dirt and some holes that are at most a couple of feet deep with soft dirt in them as well. It seems as though something dug its way in or out of here. The holes were located in some of the more darker parts of this clearing which seems whatever dug its way into or out of here did not want to be seen.

Bellatrix attempts to calm herself down as she looks away from the bodies and Adonis and Selphus stand at the door guarding it from anyone who may enter.

"These people were mercilessly killed. Who would do such a thing to a search party. They didn't wrong anyone!" says Bellatrix whose voice still trembles with fear.
Jun 21, 2015 3:51 pm
Halál, still kneeling, turns towards Bellatrix. "It doesn't appear to be a who that did this, but a what."

He pauses as he stands and turns towards the others. "According to this poor soul they were attacked by 'beasts of scale and rock'. Anyone have any ideas as to what that might be?"
Jun 21, 2015 3:57 pm
Thom overcomes his own inhibitions and says with a voice loud enough for all to hear, "Not numenera." He passes the badges to Bellatrix to examine, but as she is spooked by the whole event he stows them in his backpack again. He then moves round the chamber, examining the obvious exits for any signs or sounds of movement, human or otherwise.

Thom's concentration, coupled with the horrific sights around him, push him deeper into himself. His ears ring and his eyes are plunged into darkness. He wanders aimlessly off down a random corridor, paying no attention to his surroundings...

That's my suggestion for the result of 'snake eyes' there. GM?
Last edited June 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Rolls

(1) + 3 = 4

(1) + 3 = 4

Jun 22, 2015 12:14 am
Arret racks his mind trying to think of anything he's read about in his studies that match the description of the creatures that attacked the previous group.

Hot damn, a 20.
Last edited June 22, 2015 12:15 am

Rolls

Recollection of Faladon Fauna - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 23, 2015 3:14 pm
Trying to put all the pieces together, Dominador tries to remember an odd fact about what could have done this. He watches as Thom wanders off but doesn't move to stop him. Then he looks ove to Bellatrix. "Calm. Down. What we do not need right now is a skittish fire nano who cannot control her emotions. So calm yourself before I have to calm you myself."

Rolls

Remembering trivia (trained) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Intimidation (trained) - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Jun 23, 2015 6:43 pm
Trying to recall some sort of odd trivia about the situation Dominador draws up a blank and cannot seem to recollect anything of importance.

Bellatrix's eyes begin to turn pure white at Dominador for his threat and with an intense brightness. Just as quickly though something seems to extinguish it. At the same moment a voice intrudes into Dominador's head.

"Hold your tongue you fool. You will not calm down anyone with threats. Her life is more valuable to Faladon than some pub guard. We must work together if we want to make it out of here and avoid the fates of these people"

Looking over you see Adonis staring into your eyes with an unwavering glance. You take a second to look at Selphus who is doing the same with Bellatrix.

Bellatrix looks over to Halal

"Nothing except for tales to make kids sleep. No, this appears to be much worse than those tales ever could have hoped to be. We need to find this power generator and get out of here so we can inform the town.

Just then Arret remembers something about the Fauna. You remember this place used to be inhabited by some sort of reptile folk. They were called Gre'Kai. You lastly remember that the Gre'Kai were hunted down hundreds of years ago and are thought to be gone from this world.

Throughout all of the commotion Thom manages to stumble into a dark area of the clearing where there is an opening about 5 feet high. Hunching over to get inside you begin to traverse into this dark corridor. As you walk along is the opening gradually begins to get wider and higher until you are able to stand and have comfortable side to side moving space. This area is completely devoid of light outside of the occasional bauble. You start to hear what appears to be some sort of whimpering. Could this be a survivor? You begin to walk a bit more faster towards the direction of the sound paying no mind to whatever you pass.

You run around a bend in the walkway when you see a woman in her young twenties sitting on the ground with her head buried in her legs and her arms wrapped around them. Her blond hair is matted with dirt and blood. She looks up at you and has a mixed reaction of shock and despair.

"Help me please" as she gets up and runs to you. "They're still here. They killed my friends and chased me into this tunnel. I dont want to die please I dont want to die." and begins to sob into your shoulder.

Just then you start hearing a peculiar noise. Its a mix between a sssssss and clicking of various pitches. The noise echoes on the walls and bounces into the clearing where the rest of the party stands. The clicking is articulate enough that you can feel it in your chest.

The girl is frightened and hides behind Thom. She attempts to make a noise but you aptly cover her mouth to keep her quiet. You listen closely and can tell by the echos that whatever is out there is definitely not alone.

Everyone please roll initiative. Thom receives a free turn before the start of battle to use as he wishes but will still be required to roll initiative. Whatever is lurking in the tunnel is still a turn away from Thom, but not necessarily going towards him at this moment. Likewise the party in the clearing will take two turns to reach Thom's location due to the nature of the corridor. There is not a ton of wiggle room once you are in there so be wise about movement.
Jun 23, 2015 8:36 pm
Taachi prepeares his crossbow and moves the illusion close to him, providing it with same illusionary crossbow. He places the illusion on loop that will show himself watching and aiming, and himself doing same, being on alert with his swift reflexes.

Taachi is trained in initiative bc of Swift descriptor.
Last edited June 23, 2015 8:37 pm

Rolls

Initiative (Trained) - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jun 23, 2015 8:43 pm
Dominador hears something off in the distance and prepares for a tussle.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 23, 2015 9:32 pm
Hearing the noises, Halál put his hands in his pockets and turns to face whatever may be making them

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 23, 2015 10:09 pm
Hearing something out of place, Heiro snaps into a fighting crouch, his axe at ready. He advances slowly to prevent Thom being cut off.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 23, 2015 10:58 pm
Arret perks up, and cracks his knuckles.
Last edited June 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jun 24, 2015 5:00 am
Thom draws his crossbow, and advances carefully towards the noise, keeping the girl behind him. In this way he moves towards the party, looking for a defensible position where the girl can hide and from where he can fire. The five-foot opening would be ideal, but probably a stretch as running almost certainly not a good idea by now. If something attacks the party out of the shadows, he will stay quiet so as not to betray his location to the monsters, and fire at the first aggressive target he can see. If something attacks him, he will attack, and shout to alert the party of his location.

I've edited my post to fix my misunderstanding of the relative location of everything, but keep with the spirit of what I was trying to do. I hope in this way to be able to keep my awesome search roll! :-)
Last edited June 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Rolls

Search (trained) for good hiding place + effort - (1d20+6)

(19) + 6 = 25

Initiative - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 24, 2015 7:55 am
the noise is coming from where you came from effectively putting it between you and the party. In this case backing away from the noise and moving towards the party is contradicting.

Rolls

Intiative Bellatrix - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Initiative Adonis - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Intiative Selphus - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jun 24, 2015 11:52 pm
Adonis (NPC) and Arret pass Intiative and are free to take their turns. Everyone else may go after the enemy has made their action

Thom with great care in the sound they make finds a fresh burrow hole that is safe. With an assuring point the lady hesitates at first but realizes that this is her best bet at safety and rescue and decides to go into the hole as ordered until everything is all clear. You aim your crossbow forward but dont advance too much nor make extra sound as to not attract unwelcome attention.

Adonis unsheathes the two scimitars and begins to run forward towards the noise. He stops at the entrance of the hole before slamming the hilt of one of his scimitars into the wall to produce a loud clanging noise in order to draw out whatever is in there.

Within seconds of this the clicking noise begins to intensify in speed and volume. It seems as though he has gotten their attention.
Jun 25, 2015 12:14 am
Arret readies a Onslaught to nail the first baddie that pops into view.

Physical Onslaught, 0 int points spent with edge

Rolls

Onslaught - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 25, 2015 2:56 am
With extreme haste a monster crawls out of the opening from the top of the cave. Perfectly timed though was an onslaught from Arret. The blast eminates a light blue pulse that creates a slight pop sound. The force creates such an impact on the monster that part of its rocky body crumbles off to show what appears to be rough scale and the monster is flung from the top of the corridor where it was climbing and into the side wall of the clearing about 15-20 feet away. It stumbles to get up and appears to be dazed. It lashes forward in a dazed frenzy at Adonis. Adonis swiftly skips to the side and avoids the beasts mangled claws.

A second beast comes out of the cave but is walking on two hind legs. It doesnt appear to have eyes but rather a dark purple sac on its head with flashes in it. It also seems to be commanding some sort of beetle like pestilence that crawls in and out of the scaley pores on its body.

It appears to stumble, but it holds its balance the entire time in the most odd of ways. The forward stumbler though gives it a quick burst of speed before it latches its hands out and a swarm of the beetle like pestilence makes it's way towards heiro.

Everyone else may now take their turns. The NPCs shall go after you. Heiro please also provide a speed defense roll on top of making your move

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jun 25, 2015 3:25 am
Dominador sprints toward the enemy to engage it in close combat.

One turn away from engaging foes.
Jun 25, 2015 4:37 am
Heiro barks out a warning and twists away from the swarm of pestilent insects as he hurries at best speed to his attacker, swinging his axe with the practiced speed of one born to kill

Rolls

Speed defense - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Attack when in range: Thrust (using Edge so zero cost), 8 dmg - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Jun 25, 2015 5:54 am
Taachi takes well aimed (with preparation from previous turn) - GM pls modify the complexity if preparation is applicable shot at dazed first creature with his Crank Crossbow.

His illusion stands not far from him and been previously set to do "aiming animation"

Rolls

C-bow attack - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 25, 2015 7:15 am
Thom looks through the opening of the cave and sees the stumbling monstrosity attack Heiro. In an instant he looses his crossbow bolt at the creature.

Using Pierce (cost covered by edge), so 5 dmg on hit. I suppose Heiro and I both get +1 for cooperating, and we should also be able to get 'the high and low' (CB 101) if we both hit as I am making a ranged attack and he a melee attack.
Last edited June 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Rolls

Crossbow speed attack (trained), cooperating w Heiro - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Jun 25, 2015 10:32 pm
Halál stands in place an unleashes a physical onslaught on the second creature.

Rolls

Onslaught - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 26, 2015 1:38 am
Heiro tries to eade the cloud of pestilence but ends up right in the middle of it while swinging his axe at the creature. The axe collides with great force in the abdominal area of the creature, and more prestilence seeps out from the wound. The bugs in the cloud began to swarm onto Heiro digging into his skin and into his mouth as well as trying to get into his eyes and other openings

Detriment to all actions until youre able to free yourself from the pestilence. You can use either a might or speed defense roll to attempt to shake the effect. You also take 1 point of damage in speed and might that ignores armor plus 1 additional damage in speed and might for each additional round you fail to shake.

Right afterwards Thoms crossbow lands with a thuck and the bolt partially exits the front of the beast with insects and what appears to be the beasts blood flying from the exit wound. The beast starts to stumble a bit from the attacks. The momentary loss of balance was all Halal needed as his onslaught connects with the creature to seal its fate as it crumples down to the ground in a lifeless heap, insects scattering from the corpse.

With the dazed beasts focus on Adonis Taachi manages to land his crank crossbow bolt into the tail of the beast. Its clicking sssss crescendos into an almost feral scream for the beast as its tail flaps around in agony.

Dominador and Selphus begin to close distance on the remaining beast as Bellatrix prepares a fire onslaught on the creature, the fireball connects with it and it makes a high pitched howl but the flame diminishes quickly as it hit a rocky portion of its body. . At the same time Adonis hacks at the monstrosity with both of his scimitars while its distracted by the pain but proved to be too slow for the beast as it jumps back a bit and rears it's head before swinging its body attempting to trip Adonis. The tail connects and sends Adonis to the ground as the rocky portions of the tail manage to connect with his knees.

All PC's may now make their next move

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jun 26, 2015 1:55 am
Dominador closes the distance between himself and the beast. When he gets close, he runs a few steps up the wall and launches himself into a full plancha against the beast as he yells, "STARE INTO THE FACE OF YOUR DEATH, CREATURE!"

Rolls

Slam Attack (Unarmed) against Rock Creature - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 26, 2015 2:01 am
The beast looks up at the sound of Dominadors voice only to be met full on with his plancha. This creates a humongous force and when the beasts lands on the ground with Dominador some dust kicks up and a few rocks fall from the ceiling but nothing too dangerous. When the dust settles the beasts lays motionless under the weight of Dominador.

Heiro must still shake the effect but combat has ended
Jun 26, 2015 2:25 am
Arret thinks to himself

"Scales...Could it be, the supposedly extinct Gre'Kai?

Arret launches another Onslaught, aiming for the exposed area he blasted away before

Putting in effort to increase the damage by 3 points

Rolls

Onslaught with some extra mental elbow grease put into it - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 26, 2015 4:25 am
Heiro attempts to shake to free himself of the insidious creatures

Rolls

Might defense (proficient with effort and edge) - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Jun 26, 2015 4:34 am
The bugs continue to fester on you. They are seemingly endless and very voracious.

Selphus is near you and attempts to help swat off the pestilence that is swarming you Asset to your next shake roll. Make sure everyone is updating their character sheets
Jun 26, 2015 7:30 am
Taachi aims and shots another one in order to get the first creature down.

Rolls

Crank Crossbow attack - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jun 26, 2015 2:41 pm
Schauer says:
Heiro must still shake the effect but combat has ended
All the enemies are incapacitated, right?

Thom move towards Heiro, to lend a hand swatting the insects. As he walks across to Heiro, he says to all who will hear him, "Survivor." and points out the way he came into the cave at the start of combat.
Last edited June 26, 2015 2:41 pm
Jun 26, 2015 4:23 pm
All the enemies are indeed incapacitated. Taachis bolt isnt used neither was the effort spent by Heiro to attack the dead creatures
Jun 26, 2015 4:34 pm
Arret uses a scan on the bodies.

Third verse, same as the second and first, one point spent with edge.

Also, what does Arret know about the Gre'kai besides them being extinct?
Jun 26, 2015 5:36 pm
He merely recalls the name since the scales on these beasts has some correlation with the reptilian properties the Gre'Kai had. It will taker further research into the matter to learn more about the Gre'Kai
Jun 27, 2015 7:24 am
Can we just use a short rest to get these off me or do I have to continually roll checks over and over even though combat has ended?
Jun 27, 2015 4:11 pm
It's constantly doing damage to you otherwise I wouldve ended it by now. Youve got two assets to your roll from Selphus and Thom helping you.

Arrets scan on the bodies determines they are composed of rough scale, and a graphite like substance. The porous one doesnt have the rock like stuff on its body but it appears it was able to host and command the insects that lived within it.

Bellatrix hears Thom say survivor

"What kind of shape is she in? Is she hurt?" she begins to question Thom and Adonis goes into the corridor to find her.
Jun 27, 2015 7:15 pm
Heiro continues to try to get these insects off him

Rolls

might defense with edge, proficiency and 2 people helping - (1d20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Jun 28, 2015 1:04 am
@Heiro Proficiency gives you + 3 as does each asset, so d20+9. If by edge you mean you're using effort that's d20+12, so you got 20.
Jun 28, 2015 2:06 am
harlandski says:
@Heiro Proficiency gives you + 3 as does each asset, so d20+9. If by edge you mean you're using effort that's d20+12, so you got 20.
Whoa ok thanks. I'm not that versed in rules yet
Jun 28, 2015 3:30 pm
Thom finishes helping Heiro with the bugs, and says to Bellatrix, "Hidden." Thom then shambles off after Adonis to help find the girl and protect against any unexpected danger.
Jun 28, 2015 11:27 pm
Taachi make "clack" with his fingers and create hot stream in the air around Heiro in order to help him to get rid of those insects.

Taachi uses Hedge Magic

Rolls

Hedge Magic to help with insects - (1d20)

(7) = 7

You do not have permission to post in this thread.