*waves*

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 24, 2017 9:51 pm
So I probably should have said hi ages ago, but better late than never.

I'm Kayn. I think I've been doing RPGs for about fifteen years now, and I tend to find myself in the DM's seat when doing things in real life; currently got one Apocalypse World running, one just finished on Twitch, and a Sprawl and Blades in the Dark game setting up

As is probably apparent from that list I do a lot of PBtA nowadays, but also Fate, Fiasco and other lighter than old-skool games, and I'm one of those terrible people who likes 4th Edition more than 5th or Pathfinder.

I also spend my free time livestreaming hobbyist gamedev coding.
Aug 24, 2017 10:28 pm
Hey how's it goin' KaynSD?

Awesome to see another Blades player on the forum. Only a few others of us around...

I keep wanting to start a Blades campaign on GP, but keep shrinking away from it at the last moment as I'm just not sure I have the time to run it.

See ya 'round.
Aug 24, 2017 10:28 pm
Welcome!
Aug 24, 2017 11:43 pm
Nothing wrong with 4e. I prefer 5th. Welcome.
Aug 25, 2017 2:38 am
Welcome KaynSD! What sort of dev work do you do?
Aug 25, 2017 6:52 am
Welcome, KaynSD! Happy gaming! :-)
Aug 25, 2017 9:48 am
Welcome!
Aug 25, 2017 11:52 am
Welcome!
Aug 25, 2017 2:36 pm
Thanks all :D
emsquared says:
I keep wanting to start a Blades campaign on GP, but keep shrinking away from it at the last moment as I'm just not sure I have the time to run it.
Dooooo iiiiiiiit. Doooooo iiiiiiit
Keleth says:
Welcome KaynSD! What sort of dev work do you do?
For my webstream, a bit of everything in Unity. Currently building a small dungeon building system (something akin to Dungeon Keeper 2 in spec) while I wait for some extra commissioned artwork for my party board game to come in. I've done a bit of everything web front end over the past decade or so and like to think of myself as a generalist.
Aug 25, 2017 6:21 pm
KaynSD says:

Dooooo iiiiiiiit. Doooooo iiiiiiit
I know, believe me I want to, but just the amount of the game that takes place on a meta-level makes me feel like it would be too high of a demand on my time as GM. I mean I know there's measure that could be taken to reduce that, but the things that make it such a good game at the table - the focus on the fiction, the fluid and constant dialogue both IC and OOC - just makes it seem daunting to run as a PBP game to me.

Maybe someday, but unfortunately not today (or anytime soon).
Aug 25, 2017 8:47 pm
Welcome, KaynSD!
Aug 26, 2017 12:02 pm
Welcome :)
Aug 28, 2017 2:10 am
Hello! And you're not terrible for liking a system. However, may I suggest 13th Age if you like 4th Ed? In my opinion, it's everything 4th Ed. wanted to be, and more.
Sep 4, 2017 3:46 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.