Character Creation Thread

Aug 28, 2017 5:01 pm
We will use this thread to generate characters that you can use for your little tutorials. Feel free to ask any questions right in this thread if you need help making your character.

You can use the Basic Rules to make a character if you don't have the Player's Handbook.

We will use the standard array for Ability Scores (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8), just to keep things simple.

Use the standard equipment granted by your class and background. No rolling for starting gold.

For people new to GP, it may be worth check out the "New GP Member Guide" for guidance on how to do many basic things on the site.
Aug 30, 2017 2:10 pm
Hey Naatkinson. So I haven't written a background or anything yet, but I've got a character idea down and submitted it to the game. Didn't know if you wanted to take a look and make sure it looked ok and would work for what you are thinking.

I also assumed anything from the PHB was ok, but I can do a new one if you want to stick to the Basic Rules for now.
Aug 30, 2017 2:14 pm
@acox89: Looking over the character now...

Everything looks perfect on there! No problems that I can see :)

Also, PHB is just fine. Just wanted to link the Basic Rules for anyone who doesn't have the PHB
Aug 30, 2017 2:20 pm
Naatkinson says:
@acox89: Looking over the character now...

Everything looks perfect on there! No problems that I can see :)

Also, PHB is just fine. Just wanted to link the Basic Rules for anyone who doesn't have the PHB
Great, thanks!

I'll probably start working on a rough background as well, but I'll likely leave some of it until we see who all else joins for characters in case we need to tie anything together.
Aug 30, 2017 11:23 pm
@acox89: If you want, you can add your character to the library so that everyone can see the sheet. Might be a helpful way for others to see what a completed character sheet looks like.
Aug 31, 2017 12:43 am
szemely says:
@acox89: If you want, you can add your character to the library so that everyone can see the sheet. Might be a helpful way for others to see what a completed character sheet looks like.
Ah, good thought. Done, and can be found here: Nagall, Half Orc Barbarian
Aug 31, 2017 6:11 am
Hi there! I made a Human Warlock, and submitted him to the game; if someone could look him over just to make sure I didn't screw anything up, I'd appreciate it tremendously!
Aug 31, 2017 11:58 am
Rindel says:
Hi there! I made a Human Warlock, and submitted him to the game; if someone could look him over just to make sure I didn't screw anything up, I'd appreciate it tremendously!
Everything looks good. The only thing that you have to do is mark your proficient saving throws (Wisdom and Charisma) and I think everything is done.
Sep 1, 2017 1:20 am
Hi All-
I've had some limited experience in 5E, but played a lot of 3.5 and some 4E back in the day.
I'm interested in putting together a grappling tanky controller type dude. Have the PHB and so will take a crack at it, but interested in others opinions as well.
Thanks!
Sep 1, 2017 1:31 pm
Davemania says:
Hi All-
I've had some limited experience in 5E, but played a lot of 3.5 and some 4E back in the day.
I'm interested in putting together a grappling tanky controller type dude. Have the PHB and so will take a crack at it, but interested in others opinions as well.
Thanks!
If you want to be a grappling tank, your best option will be the Barbarian, since they get advantage (Roll 2 d20s and take the higher) on Strength (Athletics) checks, which is what grappling falls under. Obviously this is just a suggestion and you don't HAVE to do it :)

There are going to be two groups running, so don't worry that there's already another person who's made a barbarian, since you'll probably be in different groups.
Sep 1, 2017 8:12 pm
Do any of the newbies need help making their character?
Sep 2, 2017 12:24 am
I don't know if this works for sharing the character I'm working on:
Character Sheet?

Still working out some details; concept is a sort of urban brawler, grew up on the streets doing what he had to do to survive.

Open to critiques and suggestions!
Last edited September 2, 2017 12:24 am
Sep 2, 2017 1:12 am
In the process of making a Chaotic Neutral Dragonborn Ranger who is a sort of bounty hunter.
Sep 2, 2017 1:13 am
Rindel, Davemania, I can't see either of your sheets? Did you add them to the Character Library? Can you see mine?
Sep 2, 2017 1:20 am
Huh, I must've misplaced it. How do you add to the Library?

Never mind, I've figured it out and submitted it!
Last edited September 2, 2017 1:59 am
Sep 2, 2017 1:49 am
Rindel says:
Huh, I must've misplaced it. How do you add to the Library?
If you go to your All Characters page, there is a book icon next to your character that starts out gray. Click it and it turns red. I believe that does it.
Sep 2, 2017 2:38 am
Got it! Is it reading now?
Sep 3, 2017 2:17 am
Here is my character, Adi Sumbe.
http://gamersplane.com/characters//5476/sheet/
Last edited September 3, 2017 2:18 am
Sep 3, 2017 2:43 am
I've submitted a character. Let me know if this works when you can.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.