Monte Cook Games

Sep 28, 2017 7:18 pm
Hey there,

Anyone have an in with Monte Cook Games I can exploit? I placed a (large) order on Friday September 22nd and paid for it with Paypal. Paypal have sent me confirmation of payment. My order is 'on hold' pending confirmation of payment.

I filed a support request on Tuesday morning 9/26.

I tweeted @MCG this morning on Twitter.

All I'm getting is dead air. I know MCG is alive and well, because I get an email from them every day (or a couple times a day) on their Kickstarter. I don't need things to ship-right-now, but I would really appreciate a human saying "we have a problem and we're working on it" or "we're really busy and we'll get to this again next week" or "Dave, our paypal guy has been sick all week" or "oops! we'll get that sorted."

The dead air is beginning to irk me, since at this point I have no confirmation from MCG they're aware of this state AND I have confirmation from paypal I'm out my money. So I was curious if anyone had a contact they could either point at me (no need to provide me contact info if you are willing to point them at this note -- I'm sensitive to people being unhappy at having email shared) or get permission from someone at MCG to provide me with a contact.

Thanks if you've got something (or a better idea). I figure next week they'll get a certified letter.
Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm
I can try to get you a contact, but I've never had anything less than quick responses from them, so this is worrying. I hate this excuse, but maybe something to do with their current KS overloading them with work? I'll reach out to people I know in the org and see if one of them has a POC. You're positive nothing is in spam, right? Because last time I emailed them, that's where I found the response.
Sep 28, 2017 7:32 pm
Keleth says:
I can try to get you a contact, but I've never had anything less than quick responses from them, so this is worrying. I hate this excuse, but maybe something to do with their current KS overloading them with work? I'll reach out to people I know in the org and see if one of them has a POC. You're positive nothing is in spam, right? Because last time I emailed them, that's where I found the response.
I'm a little suspicious the Kickstarter is kicking their butts and overloading them - absolutely. I did double check my gmail spam (in:spam monte) and didn't get anything -- so I think I'm not sending their feedback to the Spam folder. Note that I'm okay if they're busy and need time to execute on something -- I'm just a little less cool with a few hundred dollars wafting in the breeze with no feedback that they know that an order is waiting to be fulfilled.
Sep 28, 2017 7:36 pm
...and to be fair, a lot of the order is PDFs, so I'd appreciate getting my hands on them for reading!
Sep 28, 2017 7:56 pm
You put up money, you're completely within the right to expect a response. I've reached out, I'll let you know if/when I hear back.
Sep 28, 2017 8:00 pm
Not the best response, but I reached out on Twitter and in response to if they're busy, got:
Quote:
This is the case! We're running a couple days behind due to the deluge of messages, support tickets, and so on. We're working on it, sorry!
Sep 28, 2017 8:38 pm
Thanks very much, Keleth, for reaching out on my behalf. Good to know that they are swamped and it's not lost. I'll sit carefully and bide my time for another week or so. I decided to flesh out my Numenera library and try and learn the world better for some future GP games.
Oct 27, 2017 8:15 pm
For anyone keeping track at home, it's now been 5 weeks since I placed my order. I'm trying to remain sanguine about it -- but it's getting frustrating (two support tickets, a couple tweets - I even volunteered to spend some weekend time helping them clear their backlog).
Oct 27, 2017 10:04 pm
Looks like another tweet did the trick.

And it looks like I got a $25.00 gift card for my troubles. So.. all is back to normal with the world...
Oct 29, 2017 2:49 pm
Sorry you had so much trouble falryx. The KS must have done a number on them; seems like your problem ended just as the KS did.
Oct 29, 2017 5:28 pm
falryx says:
Looks like another tweet did the trick.

And it looks like I got a $25.00 gift card for my troubles. So.. all is back to normal with the world...
Woot! (Although you might have preferred simply immediate acknowledgement of payment at least they attempted to find a remedy. )
Oct 30, 2017 2:58 am
In the end, it sounded like Paypal put it into a weird state that required Tammie @ MCG to poke it with a stick. In the end since I tagged my tweet with both MCG and @paypal that was enough to help Tammie find the problem.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.