Character Thread

load previous
Apr 14, 2016 8:37 pm
I've slightly adjusted my character's origin. It's more of a general basis that will play upon Naatkinson's backstory, and will likely have gaps to fill as we mesh each others' histories together.

Yotsuba Tonton is a Wood Elf Assassin:
Quote:
The woodland fey of the Yotsuba Clan served the [Naatkinson] family for generations as gardeners, carpenters, gamekeepers, and servants. Other members of the Yotsuba traveled and settled far and wide as craftsmen, peddlers, and entertainers. This broad range of simple occupations concealed the Yotsuba's significant and primary responsibility as the [Naatkinson] family's network of spies and assassins. The clan's philosophy mirrored their name: the tsuba guarded the hand that wielded the sword, thus in the four cardinal directions and through the four elements of war do the wood elves serve the [Naatkinson] family.

Yotsuba Tonton was a woodcarver in public, hawking his figurines in the city streets and neighboring towns. He made frequent stops at the [Naatkinson] family mansion, showing the nobility and their staff his latest wares and offering special discounts on select statuettes. In keeping with his clan's traditions, Tonton's real purpose was to gather intelligence from both within and abroad, and deliver these coded messages tucked away inside the carvings. Tonton's work involved more than reconnaissance; at times he would be called upon to elegantly dispose of some threats through poison or blade, receiving these orders from his clan elders or directly from [Naatkinson].
Last edited April 14, 2016 8:45 pm
Apr 14, 2016 8:41 pm
Still trying to decide if I want to be the historically-accurate archer-samurai, or if I want to be the hollywood-fabricated Katana samurai...
Apr 14, 2016 10:24 pm
Well, that's not entirely accurate. While Samurai started as an archer class at the turn of the 1st millenium, they definitely took up the sword by the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
Apr 14, 2016 10:37 pm
themightykobold says:
Well, that's not entirely accurate. While Samurai started as an archer class at the turn of the 1st millenium, they definitely took up the sword by the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries.
Fair enough :-)
Apr 18, 2016 4:02 pm
I've submitted my character. He is complete (mechanically), just working on the backstory now.
Apr 26, 2016 2:18 pm
Naatkinson and CancerMan, am I correct in assuming your characters are named in the Japanese fashion?

Therefore:
Nakada = family name, Utamuro = first name
Yotsuba = family name, Tonton = first name
Apr 26, 2016 2:27 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Naatkinson and CancerMan, am I correct in assuming your characters are named in the Japanese fashion?

Therefore:
Nakada = family name, Utamuro = first name
Yotsuba = family name, Tonton = first name
You are correct
Apr 26, 2016 2:48 pm
Speaking of Japanese fashion, is it customary to address someone they just met by their first name? I imagine these guys would be pretty formal. Then again, so far the PC's have been on a first-name basis.
Apr 26, 2016 3:08 pm
I believe you address strangers by their family name, but I could be mistaken. So I would be Nakada-san (if you really want to go full Japanese)
Apr 26, 2016 3:38 pm
Of course, it's a fantasy world. XD

You do not have permission to post in this thread.