Princes of the Apocalypse using Fate Accelerated?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 10, 2015 1:04 am
Hello everyone.

I'm interested in trying the above idea out. Characters would be styled after D&D 5e and use the same spells, items, and such but the mechanics would be shifted to a modified FAE. My thought is that this could speed up combat substantially and keep the story moving.

The goal would be for 5 posts per person each week.

Any interest?

Thank you.

-Arjen
Jun 10, 2015 4:56 am
I admit this is an interesting idea, but I would need to read more specifics on how that would work. How do you plan on boiling down Racial features, class features,Weapons/Armor, skills, feats and spells? I could see running the adventure in Fate Accelerated, but all of D&d seems like a lot mode work than it might be worth. But I'd still be interested in seeing the attempt.
Jun 10, 2015 11:20 am
Hello!

True, it would be impossible (and not the point) of including all of the features, skills, etc while using FAE. My thinking would be to have players select the aspects that match the associated bits in D&D to their liking while not worrying about getting every last bit in for a mechanical purpose.

I'll have more ideas posted on how I see it running-and looking for suggestions from all of you-as the week goes on.
Jun 12, 2015 5:11 pm
If you're wanting to run f20 using FAE,check out the Freeport book. It does a super great job of translation.
Jun 15, 2015 1:43 am
Thank you Sandchigger. I'll give that a look right now.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.