Burning Wheel Gold

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 26, 2017 9:48 pm
I know very little about ancient Persia and China. I'd be into a general non-earth history that isn't completely Feudal Europe, and also doesn't require us to know about another history. (IOW, as long as we're all on the same page, I'm happy).

I personally don't mind doing Feudal Europe, but it seems like we want to challenge that somewhat.

Full disclosure - my historical interest is pre-contact North America (especially Mi'kmaw territory - Canadian maritimes), so I do know non-European history and I'm fully aware of the failings of imagining that Europe is the be-all-end-all. In terms of a game, I just want to make sure we can all be on the same page.
Oct 26, 2017 9:48 pm
Invites sent! Thanks for your interest.
Oct 26, 2017 9:55 pm
I'm interested in playing something with a group of criminals, spies, or survivalists, struggling to live day to day.

I love DoW, and would love to play a game involving a fair bit of argument/conflicting ideas, even if lot's of it is intraparty.

I'm not really interested in anything post-apoc, and think there's a whole wealth of still-remaining fantasy we can play with. I would also like a decreased focus on things like sexism than a historical game might imply.
Oct 26, 2017 10:10 pm
Check your PMs for the Discord invite, all!
Oct 26, 2017 10:45 pm
I'll throw my name on the list as a back-up.

I've ran and played in a BWG campaign here, and ran another on another PbP forum, but am very excited to see the level of interest in this here at GP, and will gladly wait in the wings for if I'm ever needed.

Might I also just throw it out there that, Pirates/sea-faring/island civilizations is something I've always wanted to do with BWG.
Oct 27, 2017 3:08 am
Awesome! I'm excited to see so much interest, as well! We're going to be playing in a setting inspired by Ancient Egypt, members of a cult of truth fighting against the theocracy. It looks super exciting.

I'll let you know if a space opens up!
Oct 30, 2017 4:51 pm
How is it that Burning Wheel game threads pop up and fill up every time I take a short break from this site? :D If any more people show up, maybe those of us that are too late can try getting their own game together.
Oct 30, 2017 4:53 pm
Im really glad that there is so much interest in the system!
Oct 30, 2017 9:06 pm
Verrain says:
How is it that Burning Wheel game threads pop up and fill up every time I take a short break from this site? :D If any more people show up, maybe those of us that are too late can try getting their own game together.
I'm in if someone is willing to step up and GM.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.